Centering wicks Advise

11 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

Those wick centering tools are a lifesaver.  I even had custom ones made for square jars and they weren't that expensive.  Same guy made me centering crosses for the tops of the tiny 3 oz jars so I could mass produce for weddings.

Does he sell on line ? Are you able to say how much a custom tool and centering crosses are 

how awesome that you can have those for big projects like weddings ? great idea ? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Im looking at your coconut shell candles again + honestly they are so darn cool ! The added details of the seashells + tied with raffia is amazing !

Like Trapper said, The green candle is so pretty :) 

Moonstar....You and Trappeur and all you guys out there are just so sweet ! Thank you! The coconuts are fun and just add a little something extra to your line! :) I bought a large plastic container from Walmart like this...a LOW edged BIG container like this one below (TRY to place in an area or on a table so you do not have to move it..because it WILL be heavy..get someone to help you move if you do need to move it) ......fill it about half full of play sand and nestle your already modged podged, already wicked, empty half shells in it...and then pour your scented wax right into your shells...sometimes I need to tweak my shells to get the even level of wax (because you are just eye balling when placing in the sand) but that is so easy to do. :) Just let solidify right in this container. When cool take out and wipe the little sand particles off the bottom of your shells (I hold right over top of this container to do this.) All done and ready to package and IF there is a spill...it is right into the sand and you can just toss that little bit of wax/sand into the trash. No messy clean up which is gooooooood! :) 

A great way to offer these is to sell the coconut shell, the clay pot, a bag of clean sand (from Walmart) and sea shells....all in a large cello bag. (I buy mine from Nashville Wraps) :) or just sell individually or in a set of floating candles.  You can get sea shells here  http://sourcingnorthwest.com

along with other gorgeous potpourri products (if you are thinking of making...idea, ideas :):) )  Their products are absolutely TOP OF THE LINE AWESOME AND BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! :)

0088440802445_500X500.jpg

The green candle color from the glass container that I made is from the Cajun Candle liquid dye recipe page (LOVE their scent/color recipe page along w/Nature's Garden's suggested liquid color recipe with each scent) ...it is the color for Cool Citrus Basil - Cajun's recipes are for an 8 lb recipe so for every pound of wax you would use 3 drops of their liquid green colorant to get this color. :)

Edited by puma52

13 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Does he sell on line ? Are you able to say how much a custom tool and centering crosses are 

how awesome that you can have those for big projects like weddings ? great idea ? 

He used to be on this board.  Let me see if I can find his info, it's literally been 10+ years but I may still have it.  No more big projects for me but I used to do a lot of weddings so his products were a lifesaver.  I may even have his email, I will look today and send you info.

If kandlekrazy doesn't come across the information, I believe one of the suppliers that has them said they will custom make one.  I just don't remember where I read that.  Since I got mine from Candlescience (not a custom), I'm thinking it was them.

Goldie

On October 26, 2016 at 5:40 PM, puma52 said:

Hi Moonstar!

In all the years of my candle making, there are TWO times I seriously felt like crying with joy (maybe I did...it's been so long ago)...it was when I purchased my two presto pots w/spigots (no longer had to do double boiler method) and when I got these EZ Wick Setting tools...I got one of each....Seriously...my frustration with trying to center wicks drove me absolutely crazy and to tears.. You use these with the wick stickums..once I place my wicks in the jars, I tamp the metal edges down with the unsharpened end of a pencil to make sure they are secure to the bottom of the jar. To me, this is one of the best inventions ever made for the candle maker. I also use these to center tabs for votive cups and my coconut shell candles. These will not fit into every jar...and that is when you place everything as level and as evenly as possible and then wick using these, but if I did not have these, my wicks would be way off.  I have had these for years and just love them. :) They are worth every dime you pay for them.

EZ Wick System

The Serious Tool for the Serious Candle Maker

wickset1.jpg

Operating Instructions
For the Single Wick Setting Tool

The EZ Wick Setter was designed to fit a large number of the most popular containers used by candlemakers. Setting the tool up for different size and depth containers is a snap and only takes a few seconds.

Set-Up

demo_single_1.jpg

Patent Pending

multiset1.jpg
The Multi

This workhorse is destined to be the tool that every candlemaker who double or triple wicks will own. This tool makes double or triple wicking child's play. Just think, offering double or even triple wicked candles for a fund raiser. You would never have considered that before.

The Multi EZ Wick Setter will set either two or three wicks in a container.

Puma is this from Candle Science ? 

• Like 1

Hi Moonstar....I got mine from Bitter Creek North...... http://www.bittercreek.com/

In the search box type EZ Wick Setter...it will take you directly to these. :)  If you buy these, I want to hear what you think. :) 

HEY ...I just looked...Candle Science carries these also and they ARE CHEAPER! :icon_tiptoe: You will find them under Candle Equipment. I did not realize they carried these. Yea! Order some great scents and one or both of these .....win win. :)

Candle Science prices:

BITTERCREEK'S PRICES:

EZ Wick Setter Multi
See details
EZ Wick Setter Multi

This handy tool makes wicking jars a breeze!
Our price: $34.96
Quantity  

but1.gif Buy Now but2.gif
but1.gif Add to wish list but2.gif

EZ Wick Setter Single
See details
EZ Wick Setter Single

This handy tool makes wicking jars a breeze!
Our price: $24.95
Quantity  

but1.gif Buy Now but2.gif
but1.gif Add to wish list but2.gif

Edited by puma52

I've been wondering if the wick setting tools were worth the price. I have been using a template that I downloaded from a group on Facebook to center my wicks and it works great.I get them centered but sometimes when I burn them, I notice the wick gets off centered, so they are setting straight. I use the wick bars from cs. OP, let me know if you'd like a copy of the template that I use. It is free and helpful if you're pouring into glass. Can anyone recommend anything that keeps the wicks straight while setting? I've been on hiatus for a while, but I'm getting back into candle making now.