Maple street fragrance oils reviews

katmeltswax

Aww thanks Moonstar ,I know I am long winded at times. I just try to cover everything & seems like I always have a lot to say LOL :)

I agree with you on Rose Girls , bet they work 24 /7. Front porch has a booming business too. I know it takes a lot of dedication & time to build up any kind of business . I have made some 2 pound 8 inch wax pies in multi colors when I first started pouring wax & let me tell you ,it is work. My daughter would put these on a local for sale or trade site here in our home town & they would sell within a minute . These took a lot of time to make & customers loved them. I would make them in multi scents & colors. I have never tried RE tart blend wax . I have read to many mixed reviews on this one ,so decided against ordering this one. I am thinking about trying the Aztec soy tart wax blend & maybe add some 4625 with it. The Aztec tart blend I believe is a new product & so far no reviews on it. I love to blend wax & never really tried soy ,other than the soy pillar  added to paraffin. I am happy with my paraffin blends I use ,but I do want to add some soy products as well. I know I am missing out on some great scents from RE & should try some of their oils. I have heard great things about their fragrance oils & will eventually try some. I have never ordered from Maple Street until now & hoping I do at least get some good ones. I will let you know as soon as I receive them & get them into the wax. I know their prices are very fair & ships flat rate $8 .I love being able to try 20 samplers for $26 & they allow you to choose as many of the same scent as you want to your order. I know I put 5 PPW in my cart & a couple of more of the same scent. I ordered every pumpkin scent they offered. I am excited about this order for sure :) I will be placing a order from WSP for a large bottle of the Maple pecan Strudel , let me know if you want me to send you a sample when it arrives. They do sometimes ship slow ,but wait time is not to very bad. I am used to so many companies sending my orders out & getting them in just a few days .WSP does take a little bit longer .I have heard such great reviews on their Vanilla bean Noel ,so I figure I can't go wrong with this scent from them. I do love their Maple pecan strudel & if you love bakery ,you will love this one. It performs great for me & a very long lasting scent. I will be more than happy to send you a sample so you do not have to spend shipping cost for one oil ,unless your already placing a order with them. I will be spending the 40 or 50 limit required to get the free shipping . Let me know & I appreciate a good listener like you :)

On October 15, 2016 at 11:48 PM, Trappeur said:

Sounds good Kat....Did you see the thread I put up of VBN by WSP?   Omg....I'm still burning the candle 10 hours later in my bedroom!   Actually and no kidding I have had my bedroom door closed all day and the fragrance has seeped out into the livinroom and kitchen.  It's that good!   I'm so in love with this scent.   I have found the dupe for VBN!  Everyone kept talking about it and they were right!   I'm going to check out Maple street now.  Yes, we both need to post our findings.  What wax do you use?  I use 464.

Trappeur

I have been looking for a VBN too. But oh my gosh! $31.22 per pound? I have never paid that much $$$ for a pound of oil. Is it really worth that? Over the last 9 years I have found  a few oils that I ABSOLUTELY love and would probably pay that if I had to for a couple of them. Do you use 1oz? I know shipping is included. Does anyone have any other VBN scents they like? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daisymay66 said:

I have been looking for a VBN too. But oh my gosh! $31.22 per pound? I have never paid that much $$$ for a pound of oil. Is it really worth that? Over the last 9 years I have found  a few oils that I ABSOLUTELY love and would probably pay that if I had to for a couple of them. Do you use 1oz? I know shipping is included. Does anyone have any other VBN scents they like? 

I know I know....killed me to pay that....but I do have to say it is the BOMB Goldie.....I've got about 3 more VBN fragrances to test and I can let you know about them when tested.

Trappeur

• Like 2

10 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Aww thanks Moonstar ,I know I am long winded at times. I just try to cover everything & seems like I always have a lot to say LOL :)

I agree with you on Rose Girls , bet they work 24 /7. Front porch has a booming business too. I know it takes a lot of dedication & time to build up any kind of business . I have made some 2 pound 8 inch wax pies in multi colors when I first started pouring wax & let me tell you ,it is work. My daughter would put these on a local for sale or trade site here in our home town & they would sell within a minute . These took a lot of time to make & customers loved them. I would make them in multi scents & colors. I have never tried RE tart blend wax . I have read to many mixed reviews on this one ,so decided against ordering this one. I am thinking about trying the Aztec soy tart wax blend & maybe add some 4625 with it. The Aztec tart blend I believe is a new product & so far no reviews on it. I love to blend wax & never really tried soy ,other than the soy pillar  added to paraffin. I am happy with my paraffin blends I use ,but I do want to add some soy products as well. I know I am missing out on some great scents from RE & should try some of their oils. I have heard great things about their fragrance oils & will eventually try some. I have never ordered from Maple Street until now & hoping I do at least get some good ones. I will let you know as soon as I receive them & get them into the wax. I know their prices are very fair & ships flat rate $8 .I love being able to try 20 samplers for $26 & they allow you to choose as many of the same scent as you want to your order. I know I put 5 PPW in my cart & a couple of more of the same scent. I ordered every pumpkin scent they offered. I am excited about this order for sure :) I will be placing a order from WSP for a large bottle of the Maple pecan Strudel , let me know if you want me to send you a sample when it arrives. They do sometimes ship slow ,but wait time is not to very bad. I am used to so many companies sending my orders out & getting them in just a few days .WSP does take a little bit longer .I have heard such great reviews on their Vanilla bean Noel ,so I figure I can't go wrong with this scent from them. I do love their Maple pecan strudel & if you love bakery ,you will love this one. It performs great for me & a very long lasting scent. I will be more than happy to send you a sample so you do not have to spend shipping cost for one oil ,unless your already placing a order with them. I will be spending the 40 or 50 limit required to get the free shipping . Let me know & I appreciate a good listener like you :)

I forgot to mention - I did see that Golden Brand has a new tart wax as well. Ive only seen it on Fillmore + they do offer it in a 5# sample - which is a very 

generous amount & its super reasonable. Most companies sample boxes are 2#'s - or at least at Peak. At fillmore they also have the palm wax in 

samples too. Ive read many post, here and elsewhere that palm in wax melts is great. I tried it by adding small amounts - I liked it. I bought the 

feather palm sample bag. Incase your not aware adding all or too much palm gives a real cool effect to the wax - feather palm does not sure about all

palm waxes. I like it - especially for frosty wintery scents - the finished product has a frozen -ish frosty look :) I might just try the Candlewic wax that 

you mentioned. Thats for wax melts - correct. Does it need a long cure + do bakery scents work well in it ? I noticed bakery seems to smell better in

soy wax for some odd reason . I also like citrus + also balsam scents too . Thanks again for sharing ! 

Moonstar ,I to have read good reviews on palm wax. I may give it a try. The candlewic wax performs great for me with most scents & has great throw. I do have trouble with some of the bakery oils in it. I use a 50-50 blend of 4625 & 4630 for a lot of the bakery if it fails in the 129. I have learned that any scent with vanilla needs to be added at a high temp to bind to the wax. My only complaint with Candlewic is the shipping. It cost me $98 to ship 100 lbs to Tx ,that's a lot ,but I do like the wax so I keep on paying it lol. I try to wait & order when they have a shipping sale before I order . I want to cut my cost & trying to find a good blend that performs as well as the 129. I have blended some 4630 with my 129 & IMO the wax did not perform as well. I think a lot of vendors use palm & have great results. Do you mix the palm with soy or paraffin? I think we all are always searching for a perfect blend & want our melts to last as long as possible. I do know fragrance oils are a major factor to a good melt as well. I have some that are super strong & last all day & some fade out in 4 to 6 hours . It really depends on the scent I use. I also think all melts should cure at least a few days for best performance . I know my 50/50 blend needs a few days cure time & I can tell the difference. I also use my 50/50 blend when making wax chunks because the 129 is a very hard wax . I have to be able to cut the chunks . The 129 is great for silicone molds . I have heard of a lot of venders using just 4625 alone for melts & may try this method to. I will definitely try some palm samples & see if I get good results. I placed a order for Aztec's soy wax tart blend & hope this will make  good melts. The 129 does not need cure time ,I have made these fresh & they perform great right away ,if the scent binds well. It can be picky with scents & I hate to waste wax . It takes citrus & floral very well . IMO bakery does better in my 50-50 blend . I will let you know my results with Aztecs tart blend . My main concern is smudges on the bags. Thanks for the info on the palm .How much did you add to your wax ?  Thank you for sharing :)

WSP Vanilla bean Noel out of stock at this time. Wow the price is High for this one. I will say the Maple Pecan Strusel is great & only $19 a pound . I have a sample of VBN coming from Maple Street & will post my results on this one for you all. I am excited to get the oils from this company & hope the ones I ordered are good ones ,especially the PPW . Thanks Trappeur for keeping us posted on your results with VBN from your other sources & the PPW ...Thank you bunches .
Kat

Thank you Trappeur for notification on the VBN from WSP :)

I should be receiving my Maple street oils anyday ,I did include a couple of samples of their VBN. I am hoping it will be a winner along with the PPW .I will let you  know how these smell OOB & performance after I get them into the wax. I appreciate the offer & I will be ordering a pound of Maple Pecan Streusel so may go ahead & get a pound of the VBN .I know it has to be a wonderful scent at $32 lb WOW! I am loading my cart daily LOL . I am slow when it comes to ordering fragrance oils LOL .I look at them all before deciding & try to cover most of the reviews .I will decide on the VBN as soon as my MS arrives. I hope to get these oils by tomorrow. I am hopeful about both the PPW & THE VBN from maple street ,maybe just wishful thinking on my part . I hope to be able to notify you with great news on the PPW . Have you had any results with Cierra's PPW yet? I know you use soy ,so maybe I am asking a bit to early. I have never used soy other than PB for blending a few years back. I am wanting to make some all soy tarts & have placed a order for Aztec's all soy tart blend sampler. I just fear the frosting issues & have no patience for cure time lol. I am willing to be patient if I can find or create a good blend. I will never know until I try & this is a project I have been wanting to do for a long while. I have no clue what type of soy this blend contains. Aztec does not have any reviews on this wax yet ,if I am remembering correctly. Curiosity talked me into this one .I will post results & hope this will make a great long lasting melt. Thank you so much for your kind offer on the VBN .I will know what to do as soon as my MS arrives. It is sounding like the VBN is perfect from WSP, now if we can just find our PPW ,we will be very HAPPY :) Keep me updated ,I will do the same ,Kat

I have ICS PPW on the way.  I can chime in on my results if anyone is interested.  I have not tried FB or JS yet.  I have tried WSP, Maple Street and FCC.  I was very happy with WSP but am trying to find one a little less pricey with the same quality as TN.  What I am looking for is strong HT in candles and long lasting/strong in melts.

Edited by jeanie353
additional
  • Like 2

I use FB Pumpkin Pecan Waffles...there have been several threads on here with people raving about it so I tried it. For me, it was stronger than Tennessee's. I've got a lot of it when FB had a sale so I hope my customers like it! Those are the only Pumpkin Pecan Waffles I've tried...

Edited by maryta
  • Like 3

Trappeur , I received my Maple Street oils today . Great news on the PPW:)

I am very pleased & will settle on this one as my replacement. I immediately poured a pound of tarts.  I have not even cured the tarts 24 hours & tested a few in my burner ,all I can say is YES this is the one. I have a very large home & could smell the scent from the front room & drifted all the way to the back. This oil performed great in my wax. It put out a very strong aroma ,just like TCS. This ppw is so close to a match & I think maybe Maple Street & TCS both had the same supplier with this scent. I wanted to let you know my results & I will be purchasing several large bottles of this scent. I have more to still  put into the wax . I love the OOB aroma of the Iced lemon Danish ,Pumpkin milkshake, Cinnamon Broom, Pumpkin soufflé ,Vanilla Pumpkin Marshmallow BBW type & may have just found the Salty caramel that I loved from TCS. I am very pleased with the PPW & wanted to share my good news. I definitely will be purchasing oils from Maple Street in the future. I have a extra 1 oz sampler if you would like me to send it to you. It will save you on ordering & shipping cost .I know every oil reacts differently to different waxes. I am offering you one of my PPW samples to test . I do believe you will be very happy with this one ,if it binds well to your wax . I am going to test the others I purchased & most definitely will be adding Maple Street as another supplier to my list .Message me your address & I will be happy to send you a sample .I still want to hear your results as well with the other companies on the PPW :)

I think we are in luck finally with this scent ,Kat

• Like 3

I'm glad MSCC worked out for you.  In my wax combo the melts didn't last the amount of time I want out of them. :(  FCC came closer to lasting and was a bit stronger, with WSP being the best so far.

I did pour ICS yesterday so will know how it does probably Monday. One thing about ICS tho' is it isn't skin safe.  I didn't realize that until the oil arrived here.  

Will be ordering FB and JS yet to compare those to the rest.

• Like 2

Have any of y'all tried Candle Wic's Pumpkin Pancakes? To my nose it smells like PPW's but then I can't tell a difference between all of those that I've tried LOL!

Anyway, it might be worth a shot. Kat, I can send you a sample if you'd like. I thought since you ordered your wax from them that you might have tried that one.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2016 at 2:05 AM, katmeltswax said:

Trappeur , I received my Maple Street oils today . Great news on the PPW:)

I am very pleased & will settle on this one as my replacement. I immediately poured a pound of tarts.  I have not even cured the tarts 24 hours & tested a few in my burner ,all I can say is YES this is the one. I have a very large home & could smell the scent from the front room & drifted all the way to the back. This oil performed great in my wax. It put out a very strong aroma ,just like TCS. This ppw is so close to a match & I think maybe Maple Street & TCS both had the same supplier with this scent. I wanted to let you know my results & I will be purchasing several large bottles of this scent. I have more to still  put into the wax . I love the OOB aroma of the Iced lemon Danish ,Pumpkin milkshake, Cinnamon Broom, Pumpkin soufflé ,Vanilla Pumpkin Marshmallow BBW type & may have just found the Salty caramel that I loved from TCS. I am very pleased with the PPW & wanted to share my good news. I definitely will be purchasing oils from Maple Street in the future. I have a extra 1 oz sampler if you would like me to send it to you. It will save you on ordering & shipping cost .I know every oil reacts differently to different waxes. I am offering you one of my PPW samples to test . I do believe you will be very happy with this one ,if it binds well to your wax . I am going to test the others I purchased & most definitely will be adding Maple Street as another supplier to my list .Message me your address & I will be happy to send you a sample .I still want to hear your results as well with the other companies on the PPW :)

I think we are in luck finally with this scent ,Kat

That is wonderful on the Waffle Kat!   I would love a sample of it.  I just got 2 pounds of VBN from WSP yesterday.  I can send you a sample if you want?????I'll message you and give you my address.  And those other fragrances you bought,,,,,,,wow!!!! I'm going to have to give them a order in a couple of weeks for what you bought.....

Trappeur

• Like 1

Yes Trappuer  pm me your address .I will get you a PPW sampler out Monday heading your way. I had great results with the Maple streets PPW & so close to TCS. I am excited about the remaining scents I purchased as well. I will post results as I get them into the wax. I hope this PPW performs great for you too. I have heard so many great reviews on WSP Vanilla bean noel ,I am going to order a pound myself ,along with the Maple pecan streusel ,love this one . I have a lot of WSP dupes of Bath & Body works scents & love most all of them. I have only had a few of their oils I did not care for ,but that seems to be the case with most all companies. I placed a order with Aztec for their all soy tart wax & excited to try this one out. I have always used paraffin & do want to experiment with some soy for wax melts. I have used pillar soy on occasion for blending ,but always go back to the paraffin. Hopefully your search for the PPW will come to an end after you try this sample. I will be sure to get some WSP vanilla noel .I know I will love it if it performs as well as Tcs ,loved that one too. Send me the address & I will get this out to you .God bless ,Kathy

Belinda , you are exactly right ,I have tried CW's lol. It was not even close to TCS . I love the CW wax :)

I did order the new fall sampler pack they offered a while back & only tried the Pumpkin Pancakes & Apple cider donut  . I still have a couple of more to put into the wax. I will be adding Maple Street to my list of suppliers for sure. I love most I ordered OOB & excited to get the remainder into the wax. The Iced lemon Danish & all the pumpkin scents smell so good. I will post my results as I go along with the rest. This company has low prices & very fair shipping. I believe I ordered 20 samplers for around $26 or so dollars. I certainly did not need any more oils ,but seems to be so hard to turn down a great deal LOL. I have been looking for the PPW a while & finally going to settle on this one :) It has strong throw & near the same aroma as TCS. Oh another plus with MS is they allow you to choose as many of the same scent you would like with this 20 bottle sampler pack .I know a lot of companies will only let you choose 1 of the same with sampler packs. I will be making wax chucks this week with a lot of my oils I have in stock & find this is a great way to clear out some oil inventory. I will make 3 to 4 scents each with the chunks. I know I am being a huge enabler with Maple street & sorry if I am causing you all to order more oils lol. I just had to try this company & so glad I did . I wanted to share my good news on the PPW :)

Good talking to you again ,I will always remember you were the very first person I chatted with when I first joined a few months ago & yes we are neighbors :)

Take care  & God Bless ,Kathy

• Like 2

17 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Belinda , you are exactly right ,I have tried CW's lol. It was not even close to TCS . I love the CW wax :)

I did order the new fall sampler pack they offered a while back & only tried the Pumpkin Pancakes & Apple cider donut  . I still have a couple of more to put into the wax. I will be adding Maple Street to my list of suppliers for sure. I love most I ordered OOB & excited to get the remainder into the wax. The Iced lemon Danish & all the pumpkin scents smell so good. I will post my results as I go along with the rest. This company has low prices & very fair shipping. I believe I ordered 20 samplers for around $26 or so dollars. I certainly did not need any more oils ,but seems to be so hard to turn down a great deal LOL. I have been looking for the PPW a while & finally going to settle on this one :) It has strong throw & near the same aroma as TCS. Oh another plus with MS is they allow you to choose as many of the same scent you would like with this 20 bottle sampler pack .I know a lot of companies will only let you choose 1 of the same with sampler packs. I will be making wax chucks this week with a lot of my oils I have in stock & find this is a great way to clear out some oil inventory. I will make 3 to 4 scents each with the chunks. I know I am being a huge enabler with Maple street & sorry if I am causing you all to order more oils lol. I just had to try this company & so glad I did . I wanted to share my good news on the PPW :)

Good talking to you again ,I will always remember you were the very first person I chatted with when I first joined a few months ago & yes we are neighbors :)

Take care  & God Bless ,Kathy

Yea I'm always excited to meet another Texas gal on here! LOL! I've enjoyed talking with you and everyone else on here. Everyone is so friendly and eager to help each other. I feel like I know some personally even though we've never met. We really should plan a big ol' get together one day! Wouldn't that be fun!

As far as being an enabler, well, I think we are all not good for each other when it comes to that LOL! *shudder*

I'm so glad you like what you got from Maple Street. I use their clamshells and they have the best prices on them and they don't have a funky plastic smell like some others do. I'll have to try their oils the next time I order. It's good to know there are other companies out there that have decent oils. I love NG, JS, Texas Candle Supply, Peak, Candle Science and several others but none of them carry everything I need (or want). NG doesn't carry the wax I like, JS is to high, I like Rustic's wax though and their oils but don't always use their wax, and other places only carry soy so it's just maddening at times LOL!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2016 at 0:57 PM, Moonstar said:

Michigan / suburbs 45 - 60 minutes North West of Detroit. Moonshine told me about a supplier in Mi thats about 30 some minutes from me 

I think I'll give them a shot. Ive been buying wax from Peak or Fillmore depends on what kind I need. Peak carries all types of waxes - 

Fillmore only carries soy. Plus Fillmore in my opinion is an outstanding company, their packaging is incredible. BTW the supplier in Mi

is called Southern Sensations ??? but they only carry soy + soy pillar blends no parasoy for wax melts :( 

I buy from Southern Sensation, they are 30 minutes from my house. It's so nice to be able to pick up your wax.