I made 3 small candles using coconut 83 wax and Bora Bora scent. Just wanted to share :)

Hello all ! I haven't been up here in awhile nor have I been making and testing candles for some time ? (LIFE just likes to distract you ) BUT I recently got back into the groove of wanting to continue what I started in testing and making candles so.... I recently order some coconut 83 wax (started to experiment with that before and I liked it !) plus these jars from Fillmore container I fell in love with they're simple but very cute ? I also had some half pint canning jars stored in my closet so I wanted to use those up as well but the MAIN jars I want to test with the wax wick and oils are the two sizes from Fillmore container. I went on an uploaded a couple of pics of 3 small candles I made last night using coconut 83 wax with the bora bora scent ! I double wicked the containers with eco 4 wicks. Using the containers prior to my "candle coma" I seen that the double eco 4 wick burned well in the jar and the bora bora scent's HT was amazing ! I haven't burned them or trimmed the wicks yet will let them cure for a week let me know how they look ! 

IMG_0495.JPG

IMG_0496.JPG

IMG_0497.JPG

• Like 1

Cvndlchix,

Nice to meet you

I don't know anything about that wax so hopefully others will see this post who use it and can advise, but in my opinion based upon these pictures I personally think that mason jar and straight wall jars are very more than capable of using just 1 wick.  Is there any reason you went with 2 wicks in such small jars?  The wicks are not centered and are not going to give a true reading of how they are going to perform.  The glass wall on 1 of those jars is going to get extremely hot because of being off centered and the wicks should be placed closer together as they are going to get those jars way too hot.  I think 2 wicks are too much for such small jars, but like I said, I don't use it.  But go ahead and burn them I would anyway.  Please let us know your findings.  Good luck!

Trappeur

• Like 2

I'm gonna post pics when I burn them thanks for the input ! with the eco 4 wick when I test burned them with 1 wick some months ago all they did was burn out into the wax no less than like 5 mins??? So I tried double wicking it because I like how the wicks didn't create a mushroom or soot and it created a great melt pool ! Trappeur your concern stood out to me as far as the wicks not being close together I did think about that as I was wicking the jars should I have them closer ? I figured the two flames would conflict so I spaced them out some. And if anything I may just go up a size and try them with one wick again. Overall, I will definitely post pics of how they burn when I light them thanks again ladies for your input

If you intend to double wicks your candles I would invest in a double wick setting tool. You can find one if you google wick setting tool. Anyway, Trappeur is right the wicks are off centered and from the pics look like they may be too far apart.

Coconut wax is still pretty new in the candle making market so there are a lot of us that aren't experienced enough to comment on it. The wax is very creamy and very pretty looking. Good luck with your testing.

• Like 1

Thanks wow I didn't know there was a double wick setting tool will definitely take that into consideration ! When I double wicked them before it worked out fine maybe luck ? But I am taking heed to what you both trappeur and candy bee are saying about double wicking a small container candle, I just got my slabs of wax in I want to use for other sample oils I ordered and I'm gonna use one wick for the small containers but I'll use another size up from eco4 instead.   

FYI - I'm sure there are others, but BCN carries both the single and multi setters. They're called EZ Wick Setters.

Here's the Bittercreek link for the multi-setter - http://cart.candlesupply.com/EZ-Wick-Setter-Multi-pr-20003.html#.V8PKLJgrI2w

Having only used the single myself, I would definitely recommend it to anyone for single wicking.

If you're trying multi-wick candles, I can't imagine trying to set them with any consistency without such a tool. Without that consistency, every candle could theoretically burn slightly different.

It may or may not be significant, but I would get the tool, make sure my test candles utilized it, so I know that my testing was truly representative of how my production candles would perform, and then use it every time you wick.

• Like 2