3 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Out of curiosity have you tried any other Toasted Marshmallow 's - I see Flaming Candle has one. Grandmas Cupboard smells so good - hope it performs well !

No, never tried any other toasted marshmallow. There are so many different scents out there, where if one doesn't work we just move onto something else. Made a grandmas cupboard this morning. Smells just like TCS pumpkin soufflé. Nutty and earthy. Not a big fan, but would make a good fall scent. Might have about 4-5 out of the 20 we'll add to our line. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Trappeur said:

I'm burning a Toasted Marshmallow right now, but it needs a longer cure time.  It's been a while since I've ordered and it was a great thrower for me and the scent is really nice...but I don't know, seems to be a bit off from what I remember...well I'll give it some time.  Now I do like very much Indiana's toasted Marshmallow, but it is lacking something, like some depth or richness.  I'm going to play around with it and do some blending but for me I'm leaning towards Indiana's as the throw is very strong....Funny how we all detect things differently.  So the hunt is still on.....

Trappeur

What about Indianna's Birthday cake - have you tried that. I bought the Birthday cake(KY)  from RE ( haven't tried it yet ) but if Indianna's is the same or better I'll 

just get it from there . BTW did you burn your Butter Brickle yet ? 

I've used both Birthday cakes from RE and they are my favorite.....Actually I found someone on Etsy who makes perfume roll ons and she did REscentuals Birthday Cake by Ky and it's awesome.  Reminds me I need to order again a roll on.  Everywhere I go when I was wearing it, people were always complimenting me on the scent, I smelled so sweet, hahahaha.....

Haven't tried Indiana's birthday cake yet. I was going to order it the other day, but forgot, but will order some this week as I need to place another order.

Fell asleep the other night as soon as I walked in the door, so just lit Butter Brickle so I'll post my findings in a few hours.

Trappeur

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, babyrn said:

Trappeur do you mind sharing the Etsy person who makes your perfume roll ons?  I've been looking for someone to do that!

Hello Babyrn,

I'll message you with that info.  In the mean time there are wonderful chandlers here who I know do perfume roll ons so I'm hoping some of them will contact you when they see this post.  I hate to give out info info when we all here support one another.  The only reason I went with someone on Etsy was because she offered the exact fragrance with the exact supplier of where she got her oils as one time I know I put up a post looking for a roll on only made in my most favorite, vanilla, "Vanilla Voodoo by Candle Cocoon) as I am very particular.  I didn't want any substitutions of another vanilla as i knew what I wanted and no one here on the board offered it in this fragrance.

Trappeur

4 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Hello Babyrn,

I'll message you with that info.  In the mean time there are wonderful chandlers here who I know do perfume roll ons so I'm hoping some of them will contact you when they see this post.  I hate to give out info info when we all here support one another.

Trappeur

I purchased from someone on Etsy and wasn't that impressed so I didn't want to chance it again.  Any recommendations would help and hopefully someone on here does see it and I can order from them.  Thanks!

Well I got my sample this evening.  They shipped yesterday afternoon (Friday)  and I got a tracking notice that I would get on Monday.  Well I'm standing on the porch and this UHaul truck comes down my driveway with my oils! lol....

Here are my reviews of oob for fragrances I ordered:

Pumpkin Creme Brulee:   I'm loving this one! It smells like a very true pumpkin pie and so distinct the pumpkin, cinnamon, clove and nutmeg in it.  I'm                                                                making this one tomorrow.

Pumpkin Pie Spice:        Is very nice and real spicy.....I still like Pumpkin Creme Brulee better, but I'm pouring this one right away.

Apple Clove Butter:        Is really nice,,,,doesn't seem like a strong one, but nice.  It would fit a prim line.

Christmas Past:               It's ok....nothing I would write home about.

Pineapple & Brown Sugar:  Smells like when growing up my mother used to make home made from scratch pineapple upside down cake.  I love this one

Bayberry Black Forest:        Very nice.  I smell the pine and bayberry and I just love pines! And I just love the name!

Sugared Spruce:                 Most sugared spruce from all companies I find they all smell the same, but this one is different.  I can't put my finger on it but I

smell like bayberry in it.  And it is not the typical strong ysugared spruce that most are, but I really like.

Main Street Xmas:              I really love this one and the name.

Hot Chocolate:                   Well, what can I say but "I love it!"  You can smell the steam, cocoa and whipped cream!  This is going in my Smores Candle tomorrow.

Bon Fire Bliss:                   I'm not in love with this one.

Wine by Candlelight:         I got this for an account I have.  Very nice and I think she will love.

Vermont Maple Syrup:       Well, being that I'm from Vermont makes me love this even more!  I can smell the sap running from the tree.  All I need is the 

pancakes.  Love it.

Holiday Spiced Balsam:    Well first off, it is not a Balsam.  The only Balsam out there is the one from Fillmore called Christmas Tree.  This is a lighter pine but 

nice but I don't smell any spiciness in it but I'll give it a try anyway. 

Sweet Potato & Br.Sugar:  Smells just like the name.

Sweet Potato Spice:           Another nice one.

Oatmeal Milk & Honey:      I love this kind of scent, but this one is kind of different.  I almost detect a perfumy if there is such a thing as a perfumy oatmeal

milk and honey.

Country Christmas:           Love it!  I think if I added some mulberry or bayberry to it, it would be even more beautiful.

Apple Jack n Peel:            This is probably the nicest apple jack n peel I have ever smelled.  Smells like spicy apples and oranges.

Dark Chocolate:                 Really nice and can't wait to make.  Been looking for a great chocolate.

Rustic Lodge:                    Well love the name cause it's so me...but I don't know what to say about this.  It says it is a honey caramel apple cider blend...

We shall see....

Trappeur

• Like 3

I ordered a ton of samples because I try to only place 2 orders a year from RE because their shipping is so high to CA.  I get bigger bottles of all my favorites that I am out of, and sample bottles of everything I like, plus whatever I want to try.   Then If there are any I want more of, I will place one more smaller order for just 4 or 8 ounce bottles of those.  I am a hobbyist with a serious fragrance oil addiction. I ended up paying $46 in shipping!  But the stand outs of the ones new or new to me were these:

Violet Leaf and Sweet Grass.  Just like Lone Star's Lemongrass Sage

Serene Waters

Celebrate Christmas, I love this. 

Beachwood Vetiver

Lemon Ginger Tea

Turquoise Sky

Pink Hibiscis

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2016 at 11:14 PM, Trappeur said:

Well I got my sample this evening.  They shipped yesterday afternoon (Friday)  and I got a tracking notice that I would get on Monday.  Well I'm standing on the porch and this UHaul truck comes down my driveway with my oils! lol....

Pineapple & Brown Sugar:  Smells like when growing up my mother used to make home made from scratch pineapple upside down cake.  I love this one

Country Christmas:           Love it!  I think if I added some mulberry or bayberry to it, it would be even more beautiful.

Trappeur

Getting ready to place another RE order.  Did you test the pineapple & brown sugar from Rustic Escentuals?  Smells so good OOB.  As far as Bonfire Bliss is concerned, I know it is one of RE's top sellers most months, but I don't care for it OOB so haven't tested it.  

Goldie

On 8/18/2016 at 6:39 PM, Moonstar said:

So I got my RE order today + it was a bit overwhelming. I had to get some coffee beans in a small cup to sniff in-between smelling  bottles or they all just 

start to smell the same. My first impression when opening my box was a bit surprising. All of my FO's  were loosely thrown in a zip bag - along with some

of the bigger bottles I ordered. I wasn't impressed with that. Plus they put a wrong FO in - I choose Amish Harvest and they put in Apple Harvest ...rrrrr

Maybe someone can answer this question : the Cranberry FO (LW) has a white sediment on the bottom ??? My absolute favorites are 

Grandmas Cupboard - YUM ! To me, smells like a delicious oatmeal cookie. I have Fillmores too but that one had apple in it too - it was ok but I prefer this :) 

Apples & Oats - Very nice but while back ago I made a blend of primarily BB OMH + CS Macintosh - SO good

Main Street Christmas : This one only had 1 review but I like the description + the name lol ! Its not overly strong but very nice - subtle background of pine 

theres some apple + a touch of something sweet 

Homemade Apple Pie (KY) Smells good not overly cinnamon, which I like so Im hoping the crust comes through 

Rustic Lodge - Again, not overly strong OOB but very nice - i smell apple first but a light version 

Birthday Cake (KY) OOB smells very good but to me not overly strong ? hmmm Ive always read its super strong so hopefully it is. I ordered a bigger bottle.

Toasted Marshmallow - I don't get any "toasted" at all OOB - this is another one that gets rave reviews but doesn't seem strong ??? I somehow thought it 

would be a bit richer - Im sure it'll be great though. Its very yummy OOB can't wait to try it - I think I might like to try another one though. I have ICS toasted 

marshmallow, it too is  very good but missing something to my nose - maybe depth or some richness ??? 

Apple Pumpkin Strudel : OOB I get more apple than pumpkin but smells very good but I might prefer ICS better , I'll see - I got a bigger bottle of this too 

Lemon Curd - I love lemon scents - this kinda reminds me of Peaks Lemon pound cake but different ?? IDK its though :) 

* Bonfire bliss : Not sure what I was expecting but I honestly don't get a bonfire smell in the least - weird - Im sure it'll change in wax ?? Its nice though OOB 

Sea Kelp ; Nice :) clean - ocean -y scent  - Blue Skies - Nice - I like this one - its different but good 

Oak Barrel Cider - Smells Good OOB :) 

Forbidden Fruit IDK it was described as Pomegranate but its OK - Ill stick with CS - much better although its a bit sweet too - I like it better - not a fan of this one /just OK 

Plumberry Spice - Very nice - fruit with some pine 

Salty Sea Air - Very nice OOB :)  Welcome Home - I like this , not sure how to describe it but its warm + comforting 

Lavender Vanilla KY - OOB I dont care for it I like Lebermuth sample I received MUCH better 

Apple Clove Butter - Nice but OOB not my favorite - maybe its the clove IDK ?? 

Pumpkin cheesecake - looks like a thick oil + is a reddish color ? OOB nice but we'll see - I wanna try ICS too 

Pumpkin Pie Spice : This one + the pumpkin pie (KY ) smell off to me the spice one is weak which is weird for a pumpkin spice  - I wonder if some bottles 

were poured as needed due to the sale ??? I was surprised with these 2 - something seems off 

Pumpkin  Bread : Smells very good OOB 

Banana Walnut Cake - Very Good OOB I get the banana -walnut + cake 

Apple Clove Butter - OOB to my nose was nice but IDK maybe again its the clove . Im sure it'll be great in was melts 

Warm Vanilla Nutmeg - Nice but doesn't seem very strong OOB ???? Maybe that will change in wax 

I received 3 free samples - Flannel Sheets - nice smells like dryer sheets to me - Whipped cream - I like this one - light but very nice I picked that one as a mixer 

for pumpkin pie mixes  and I picked red currant - nice bit I prefer Peaks 

I also ordered a 5# sample bag of KY Para Soy Tart + Votive - I love how its in beads - it had great reviews here + on RE 

Now I have a headache from smelling all of these LOL ! 

Cant wait to hear what all of you got + your reviews 

I am being too lazy to edit ... 

WVN (Warm Vanilla Nutmeg) ... it will rock your socks off but be prepared. It is a little hard to mix in. Had you gotten more than an ounce I would have said try one at .75 oz and another at 1 oz ... but if you go .50 oz as opposed to 1 oz, it will be light. 

I can't help you with plumberry spice yet, because I have it, but haven't been inspired as to what to do with it yet. I best be doing something with it, but I think it will need a new name. 

Edited by Scented
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Scented said:

I am being too lazy to edit ... 

WVN (Warm Vanilla Nutmeg) ... it will rock your socks off but be prepared. It is a little hard to mix in. Had you gotten more than an ounce I would have said try one at .75 oz and another at 1 oz ... but if you go .50 oz as opposed to 1 oz, it will be light. 

I can't help you with plumberry spice yet, because I have it, but haven't been inspired as to what to do with it yet. I best be doing something with it, but I think it will need a new name. 

On the Warm Vanilla Nutmeg are you talking about using it in wax or soap ? Im thinking about testing in wax melts, should be a nice cozy scent .

I agree on renaming the plumbery spice - just not sure how to rename it .... any ideas - I'm all ears lol ! 

On 8/18/2016 at 6:39 PM, Moonstar said:
38 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

OK sorry this is going to look like I was quoting you, but apparently I click reply and I'm forced to quote both your original post and my reply lol! Man I am beginning to hate technology or perhaps I already do and this is just more torment. 

HOWEVER ... to answer your question Moonstar, it's in wax. It is a wick up fragrance. I'm going to tell you it is a warm, spicy yum. That's the best way I can describe it to you. It is every ounce a YUM! ... not a yum, but a YUM! We've used it in candles and it's an entire building smeller. I don't do palm, so I don't know how it will react, but with paraffin it is potent. 

No ideas on a rename for plumberry till I get it into some wax ... so I will make a point of making it just because it has to get done and we need something new for us ... not necessarily a new release fragrance lol. 

Edited by Scented
  • Like 1

Scented .... you are too funny, you always seem to make me chuckle. Your most adorable avitar doesn't help matters either lol ! Now I can't wait to try out 

the Warm Vanilla Nutmeg, sounds amazing ! Another one I really like is Main Street Christmas - Rustic Lodge -  Apples & Oats (light OOB but NICE ) 

Rustic Lodge is a fave of mine. WVN is too ... I WANTED to try Main St. but my partner and I both know no one buys seasonal from us except fall and spring stuff so he told me not only no, but NO and when I said, but ... he said NO and NO means NO. I opened my mouth and he growled that same response at me. Shame, because I never had a chance to just sneak it into an order anyway. 

Aplles and Oats has always been on my curiosity list, but that dang partner of mine said the same as above. I probably need a new partner ... one that knows the word yes lol! 
Yeah the lime helmet kitty has been an extreme fondness for I don't know how many years. Its face just says it all doesn't it? 

See how this makes me quote myself in a reply even ... I should yell at the Admin about this shouldn't I? ;)

Edited by Scented
  • Like 1

On August 21, 2016 at 0:14 AM, Trappeur said:

Here are my reviews of oob for fragrances I ordered:

Pumpkin Creme Brulee:   I'm loving this one! It smells like a very true pumpkin pie and so distinct the pumpkin, cinnamon, clove and nutmeg in it.  I'm                                                                making this one tomorrow.

Pumpkin Pie Spice:        Is very nice and real spicy.....I still like Pumpkin Creme Brulee better, but I'm pouring this one right away.

Apple Clove Butter:        Is really nice,,,,doesn't seem like a strong one, but nice.  It would fit a prim line.

Christmas Past:               It's ok....nothing I would write home about.

Bayberry Black Forest:        Very nice.  I smell the pine and bayberry and I just love pines! And I just love the name!

Sugared Spruce:                 Most sugared spruce from all companies I find they all smell the same, but this one is different.  I can't put my finger on it but I

smell like bayberry in it.  And it is not the typical strong ysugared spruce that most are, but I really like.

Main Street Xmas:              I really love this one and the name.

Hot Chocolate:                   Well, what can I say but "I love it!"  You can smell the steam, cocoa and whipped cream!  This is going in my Smores Candle tomorrow.

Wine by Candlelight:         I got this for an account I have.  Very nice and I think she will love.

Vermont Maple Syrup:       Well, being that I'm from Vermont makes me love this even more!  I can smell the sap running from the tree.  All I need is the 

pancakes.  Love it.

Holiday Spiced Balsam:    Well first off, it is not a Balsam.  The only Balsam out there is the one from Fillmore called Christmas Tree.  This is a lighter pine but 

nice but I don't smell any spiciness in it but I'll give it a try anyway. 

Sweet Potato & Br.Sugar:  Smells just like the name.

Sweet Potato Spice:           Another nice one.

Oatmeal Milk & Honey:      I love this kind of scent, but this one is kind of different.  I almost detect a perfumy if there is such a thing as a perfumy oatmeal

milk and honey.

Apple Jack n Peel:            This is probably the nicest apple jack n peel I have ever smelled.  Smells like spicy apples and oranges.

Dark Chocolate:                 Really nice and can't wait to make.  Been looking for a great chocolate.

Rustic Lodge:                    Well love the name cause it's so me...but I don't know what to say about this.  It says it is a honey caramel apple cider blend...

We shall see....

Trappeur

Im with you on the bonfire bliss ... IDK about this one. I made some wax melts despite this but to me it doesn't smell anything like a bonfire it is intriguing 

but I won't be ordering it again . Im so mad I didn't order the Apple Jack n Peel theres 2 on RE -  which did you try, they have KY and a regular one ?? lol ! 

Main Street Christmas is one of my favorites - just love it ! I also can't believe I forgot to order their lemon verbena . That was the one i really wanted to try 

to since it gets so many rave reviews on here. I do like the Rustic Lodge - swells so comforting to me . I also forgot to order the Sweet potato + brn sugar

I hate that you had to write your pick instead of clicking on to them. I get overwhelmed + forget what I really want. Celebrate Christmas is suppose to be 

nice too ... Oh geez here I go again lol ! I think I know where my son gets his OCD from LMBO !!!!! 

On 9/7/2016 at 5:10 PM, GoldieMN said:

Getting ready to place another RE order.  Did you test the pineapple & brown sugar from Rustic Escentuals?  Smells so good OOB.  As far as Bonfire Bliss is concerned, I know it is one of RE's top sellers most months, but I don't care for it OOB so haven't tested it.  

Goldie

Goldie, I just made the pineapple today and it smells so lovely but only time will tell with curing.  As you said about the bonfire bliss, I don't really care for it.  I guess I need to put in wax and really test it.  I'm so bad about not putting oils into wax if I don't like the way it smells from the bottle.  I'll do an 8oz tin out of it and see though as so many like it...guess I'm too picky.   ha!

Trappeur

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2016 at 2:05 AM, Trappeur said:

Goldie, I just made the pineapple today and it smells so lovely but only time will tell with curing.  As you said about the bonfire bliss, I don't really care for it.  I guess I need to put in wax and really test it.  I'm so bad about not putting oils into wax if I don't like the way it smells from the bottle.  I'll do an 8oz tin out of it and see though as so many like it...guess I'm too picky.   ha!

Trappeur

How did the RusticEscentuals pineapple/brownsugar throw?  I still haven't tested it. :(

Goldie

6 hours ago, Trappeur said:

I haven't burned it yet.   Will do in the next few days...

Trappeur

I finally poured a sample today of the pineapple.  Also poured samples of Mainstreet Christmas, Falling Leaves, Warm Vanilla Nutmeg, & Bonfire Bliss.  

Goldie

• Like 1