Pictures of things i've been working on

Trappeur

Thought I would share picture of new candles and labels I've been working on and making for shops.

This style salsa jar (16oz) is a collection I made up for a shop that is all rustic and log furnishings.

CIMG7293.jpg

Some more new crystal pieces I did candles in for a shop in town.  These are pretty big pieces ranging from 4 3/4 to 6" diameter candles that take 3 wicks generally.

One of the jars was a bugger because I used the lemon verbena and the 3 cd7 wicks I used just struggled too much and couldn't reach the sides.  So I wound up going with 4 cd7 and that did the trick.

CIMG7281.jpg

CIMG7274_1.jpg

And the tops all look like this:

CIMG7421.jpg

CIMG7414.jpg

And here is Munchkin watching me make candles and of course wanting to eat for the umpteenth time today..

CIMG7341.jpg

Now she is really getting ticked off waiting....look at the puss on her! hahahah

CIMG1669_2.jpg

And this is one of my ferals I named "Friendly" waiting for me to bring his food to him.  He is not so feral much any more and jumps in my truck just as soon as I pull in to the driveway.  He has turned into a real lover..

CIMG7357.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Trappeur

• Like 12

I just love your labels Trappeur!! Just beautiful and screams buy me now!! :) The colors are fantastic and compliment each other perfectly. Love the bear, caribou and trees!!   Your other candles are so gorgeous too and look so creamy!  You do awesome work girl!! I just am so tickled when you put your sweet fur babies in the pics...just love them!!  :) Keep the pics coming, I love it when you post the goodies you are working on! :)

• Like 1

Eye candy - just beautiful ! The crystal candles are my favorite, just gorgeous ! May I ask where you get those from. I have a few, they're about 25 years

old but I use mine to store bath salts that I make , but keep those for me. Your kitty is adorable and those eyes !!!! lol ! Keep those pics coming I just love

looking at what everyone makes. One question, do the embeds interfere with how the candle burns once they start melting - I am so impressed.

BTW I ordered the 2 FO's from Natures garden that you recently posted about .... couldn't help myself, they sounded so good LOL ! 

Oh and your front porch .... lets just say Im so jealous right now - so charming :) 

Edited by Moonstar

How do you end up with those gorgeous tabbies??!!!! Do you know I think the gray/black/brown/white tabbies have the softest fur. My gigi that recently passed had the most awesome soft fur and she had the same tabby colors as yours.

Now for the candles... just beautiful! I always love your crystal jar candles. They always look so elegant. The labels for the rustic shop look perfect... and perfectly adorable! I bet they were very pleased when they saw the label design.

• Like 1

LOVE LOVE LOVE your creations! How do you make those labels? I need a better program than just Avery and clip art LOL! Do you mind telling me what you use? They're gorgeous!

I also love the leave embeds in there. That makes them look so elegant! The lodge ones look amazing!

I like your cat too! 

• Like 1

Thankyou everyone for your beautiful comments!

Hey Puma!  Ok, I'll send some more pics, lol....Actually Candybee put up a post about animals that I have  been meaning to respond to with stories of our animals that we all love so I'll go over there and tell you all some stories.

Missy I agree about pets helping us.  Just them being around brings that much more joy and making things fun cause I get to talk to them and watch all their curious faces as they look at us...lol

Moonstar I get my crystal pieces where ever I can find them....like on Ebay (vintage ones) - or Etsy - and even Amazon has pieces...(they may be new with Amazon but that's ok with me.  And the embeds as long as I don't make them to thick there is no problem at all with burning them.  I leave the wicks a tad longer so when upon the initial lighting they won't be lost or sunk in when the candle starts to burn.  So you ordered those 2 scents from Natues Garden Moonstar?  Cool!  I have mine already poured from this past week. I put them in crystal jars and they are sitting on my dining table and every time I walk by I have to lift up the lid and small the lid....omg...they are so intoxicating! Please post your findings on them after you get them in wax.  I sure hope they throw as good as they smell and I hate waiting for such a time to cure....but just gotta! lol.  Here is a picture of one of my candles starting to burn with the embeds.

CIMG7314.jpg

Oh I forgot to put up a picture of a very unusual piece of crystal that I bought.  It's a double decker.  The top comes off and then there are 2 candles! lol

I did the butter brickle  in this crystal.  It's about 12" tall and almost 5" in diameter.  Can't wait to burn this! lol

CIMG7497.jpg

Also another picture of the cabin porch and my flowers around it.  I'm into flowers and anything that has to do with the outdoors.  I know it's nothing fancy or anything like what some of you might have, but it's rustic and so me and is paid for......My horses are behind the picnic table in the distance.

CIMG7381.jpg

CIMG7385.jpg

CIMG7382.jpg

This is the extent of the snow last year....lol....If you look real close,  you can see Bonnie, my dog sitting on the porch in front of the door.

CIMG9080_1.jpg

Candybee, how do I end up with all these tabbies?  Ummmm....they just appear!  There must be some hidden trail in the woods that only the animals know of and they tell their friends about the cabin and lady who lives there who will take in all strays and just anyone needing a home or food...I can never turn away a homeless animal.  They bring me such happiness.....they may be eating me out of house and home, but at least they a warm bed, food and love....That's me.....lol

Belinda, I don't have any program or computer.  I use Zazzle out of California.  I'll send you a message....and thankyou for such nice comments as everyone else.

And thankyou Fraun!

Well now that I've bored everyone with all my pictures, time now to go feed all the mouths looking at me through the window and my horses.

Thanks for taking the time to look!

Trappeur

• Like 7

Oh MY !!!! Your house is flat out adorable - and don't get me started on your porch n flowers ! Love the up cycled planter. the canoe on the roof is a riot lol !

It looks like you've got it figured out - we only have 1 life so you might as well live it with what makes you happy. My son has taught me that. Granted it took me 

a long time to get there - he's 25 lol ! He has severe Autism + non verbal but has truly been a blessing. I always said we need to live in the country with him,

hes so darn loud lol ! and he loves animals - dogs + horses in particular. This pictures are just awesome - thanks for sharing + the crystal jars - LOVE !!!!

Bored with those wonderful, delightful...oh my gosh I can so see myself drinking a beer on the front porch with you and listening to the late Summer night bugs pictures?? No way!!! I love them!! You live in a beautiful home surrounded by beautiful things...animal and plant wise both! It looks like heaven Trappeur! Thanks for sharing! :)

• Like 1

Trappeur I love your adorable cabin and surrounding gardens. Thanks for sharing pics I really enjoyed looking at them. You certainly have the knack for decorating your cabin in the woods and I also love how you've added touches of color into your decorating.

BTW-- I used Zazzle for the first time last week to order a work apron for my soap biz. Why or why didn't I check them out earlier! I love their prices and choices for creating your own things. Next time I will order from them instead of elsewhere. Very happy with my order and am surprized they aren't more popular than Vista. They have Vista beat as far as I am concerned. Plus they are much easier to get around their website than Vista.

19 hours ago, puma52 said:

Bored with those wonderful, delightful...oh my gosh I can so see myself drinking a beer on the front porch with you and listening to the late Summer night bugs pictures?? No way!!! I love them!! You live in a beautiful home surrounded by beautiful things...animal and plant wise both! It looks like heaven Trappeur! Thanks for sharing! :)

Well, when you head my way Puma (I'm not that too far away from you!) I'll have beers on ice waiting for your arrival and I'll chug a lug my Bloody Marys as we sit on the porch like you said and have good times making friends!  Hope you like steak, cause that's what I'll cook on the grill with roasted corn cob and grilled potatoes....sound like a plan?  Anyone else want to come, the more the merrier.

Trappeur

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Candybee said:

BTW-- is that a metal roof on your cabin? I am sooooo jealous. I wish I had a metal roof.

Yep, it's an old old tin roof.  It's really cool when I'm sitting on the porch and you can hear rain beating down on the roof.

So you got an apron from Zazzle?  Cool.....They truly are the best I think....well they are for me and like you said Vista truly has nothing on this company.

Shoot if they ever go out of business, I'll be out of business myself with these candles.  I'd be royally screwed if that happened.  

What nice comments BF.....thankyou...well, I try....

Trappeur

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

Well, when you head my way Puma (I'm not that too far away from you!) I'll have beers on ice waiting for your arrival and I'll chug a lug my Bloody Marys as we sit on the porch like you said and have good times making friends!  Hope you like steak, cause that's what I'll cook on the grill with roasted corn cob and grilled potatoes....sound like a plan?  Anyone else want to come, the more the merrier.

Trappeur

Sounds good to me! Wish we lived closer. :(

Goldie

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Trappeur

Hee hee....careful....I just might take you up on it! How far away are you from Sevierville/Gatlinburg?Would I ever love to sit with ya on the porch!! I would love to pet and cuddle those sweet fur babies and beautiful horses...oh that would be SO fun!! :) Of course , we WOULD have to talk shop! Have you ever came up for the Gatlinburg shows they have in the Convention Center? 

• Like 1

That would be nice Goldie.....

I have been going to the Gatlinburg show Puma for the past 20 years to buy for my shop b/4 I closed it a few years ago.  My sister would fly in from Texas and I would pick her up at the airport there and we would drive and antique along the way back to either a motel we had for the duration of the show or just rent a cabin there in the mountains...And then we would go up over the mountain and drop down into Cherokee and go in all the shops there.  One year as we were climbing the mtn to Cherokee they had snow...I thought we were gonners driving the van.  Vehicles were all over the mtn. road and slipping and sliding in every direction...Was horrible.  My feet were shaking so bad trying to keep the van on the road...but we had so much fun like we did every year.  I would come with my van instead of the truck so we could load up things we bought on the last day of the show.  It was great then when all the hotels/motel had vendors set up in the building too and taking the trolly to each one of them.  And walking the streets in the evening as they stayed open till very very late and eating at the different restaurants there.  The charm of that little town is just amazing.....Oh, I'm only 3 hours from Gatlinburg.

But of course we would talk shop!  What else! lol

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 2

I've been to the Gift show a couple of times.....i bet we passed each other. :) It  sounds like you and your sister had a really good time. The trolleys are an awesome way to get around in Gatlinburg and how those drivers maneuver those big ole things around amazes me. But, they are so fun to ride and it's fun to talk w/the drivers. Gatlinburg is a truly unique and beautiful place. Wow...we are close!! We DO need to get together sometime soon. :)

• 2 weeks later...