Big Pet Peeve

I really hate it when I pour wax in a candle and when I go to put the wick in the centering tool the wick pulls out of the wick tab at the bottom of the jar!  It does not happen a lot but when it does......:angry:!!!

This just happened to me tonight and I wondered how many other people really get peeved about this!  

I hardly ever have that happen to me anymore, because before adhereing to the bottom of the jar, I give the wick a little yank while holding the tab, and usually if it's going to pull out, it will pull out then. 

But YES, it is soooo irritating... 

9 minutes ago, pcbrook said:

I will have to try to remember to start doing that!  Thanks for the tip!  Makes sense but I don't think of it beforehand!

What prompted me to start doing it, is I got a whole batch of "bad" wicks that weren't crimped very well, and I would say maybe 1 in 5 wouldn't pull out for a TON of candles. After that frustration, I decided to test them before making the candles, so I could crimp the ones that needed it, and since then it has just become habit. 

• Like 1

I despise that so much 

what a waste of a jar!! I use permatex so there is no getting the tab out and when a wick pulls from the tab I get very irate and throw things  - I habe now also started giving them a pull like JC before wicking my jars to make sure it's not loose and I need to get a tool to crimp those loose ones 

....it's doesn't matter what you use to stick the tab to the jar- it's the wick itself  not being crimped tight enough to the tab that causes this to happen 

• Like 1