Just Scent FO....any input?

DENISE72598

Hi All,

Ordering some sample packs of oils from JS. Any feedback on any of them would be appreciated. Using them for container candles with a 50/50 blend:

Carmelized Banana

Blackberry Pie

Hyacinth Chula Orchid

Sweet Berry Deelites

Creme de la Creme

Lavender Vanilla

Cupcake

Appleberry Spice

Butter Cookie

Coconut Bubble

Buttercream Hazelnut Extraordinaire

Cranberry Cobbler

Oxygen

Strawberry

Strawberry Cheesecake

Any feedback would be greatly appeciated as always...:D

I use a 50/50 blend to test my scents and here are some of my opinions:

Hyacinth Chula Orchid- I'm not a fan of florals, but this one had a really good throw.

Sweet Berry Deelites- I love this! Very strong!

Creme de la Creme- I like Peak's Creme Brulee better.

Lavender Vanilla- Very good blend, equal amount of lavender & vanilla

Cupcake- This smelled like those fake hostess cupcakes you buy at the store- I didn't like it much.

Butter Cookie- This one was a bit weak for me.

Buttercream Hazelnut Extraordinaire- I don't carry this one in my line, but I have some that I use for myself- I love it!

Oxygen- I actually use this one for my rain scent...people LOVE it!

Strawberry- Very sweet, pretty strong..doesn't smell like a "true" strawberry in my opinion.

Hope that helps a bit!!! :)

HCO is definitely a great floral, and I do not like most florals.

I like the Creme de la Creme. It was a sugary sweet, strong scent that really lingered.

It's not on your list, but if you like coffee scents, I strongly suggest the Caramel Cinnamon Latte. WOW!! Totally loving this scent right now.

I like the Butter Cookie, throws pretty well for me.

Cranberry Cobbler threw really good, but I went with the Cranberry Sauce instead (I renamed it) and that has been my biggest seller this season.

I've got most of the other ones, but not tested them enough to post about them yet!!

I did not like the Vanilla Lavender in a 50/50 blend. Too much lavender, and I think that KY has one of the best Van. Lavender fragrances out there. I would highly recommend KY and pass on the JS.

Also tried the Vanilla Bean and it was weaker than Ms. Randy's IMO.

These are all great scents.

I would also test the new Lemon Sugar, Caramel Cinnamon Latte--these rock.

Carmelized Banana--not here yet

Blackberry Pie--great throw, nice scent

Hyacinth Chula Orchid--the bomb, and we sell tons

Sweet Berry Deelites--really strong awesome berry scent

Creme de la Creme--very different from creme brulee, I detect a coconut note, and it reminds me of a rich Sees Candy Truffle

Lavender Vanilla--awesome throw, love this one

Cupcake--light throw for me

Appleberry Spice--strong throw, great year round scent

Butter Cookie--Strong for us, but not my favorite. Have customers that love it (I prefer Christmas Cookie)

Coconut Bubble--Strong Coconut scent--really nice

Buttercream Hazelnut Extraordinaire--great scent, light for me in candles, but we use it in bath and body.

Cranberry Cobbler--another awesome realistic bakery scent

Oxygen--love it

Strawberry--nice scent, medium throw in soy, great in bath and body

Strawberry Cheesecake--Great Throw

I'm glad you asked this question. I just ordered some of their FOs and accidentally ordered two bottles of the Hyacinth Chula Orchard and was wondering what I was going to do if I didn't like the scent.

I was on the phone with Becky the other day and she told me you ordered...said she was a little worried that you ordered 2lbs of an FO you hadn't tried! LOL

If you don't love it, someone will buy it!

I was on the phone with Becky the other day and she told me you ordered...said she was a little worried that you ordered 2lbs of an FO you hadn't tried! LOL

If you don't love it, someone will buy it!

LOL! Yep, Trish I used your name when I ordered. Had to let Becky know that your rave about her FOs and I couldn't wait to try them.

LOL! Yep, Trish I used your name when I ordered. Had to let Becky know that your rave about her FOs and I couldn't wait to try them.

LOL! She said "Another one of your girls ordered, Lezli with a 'z' " So now I have my own following? ROFLMAO :laugh2:

Truly, I love her product. Sure some of her oils haven't worked for me, but lots of them do and have quickly become my best sellers. If I didn't believe in it, I wouldn't talk about it so much!

you know, i started out with one fo from there that sounded really good (pumpkin nog) and of course picked out my 3 samples. then i had to order more of one of the samples and another fo that sounded really good. of the 3 samples that came with that, i want to buy at least 2... at first i wondered how she could afford to give 3 samples just for ordering 1lb of fo, but now i see... i am a great example of how this works for her. beware the free samples:D

I did not like the Vanilla Lavender in a 50/50 blend. Too much lavender, and I think that KY has one of the best Van. Lavender fragrances out there. I would highly recommend KY and pass on the JS.

Also tried the Vanilla Bean and it was weaker than Ms. Randy's IMO.

I would also have to say that the Lav/Van from JS is heavier on the Lavender side than the Vanilla.

Downey has a dryer sheet called Lavender Vanilla and I have been searching high and low for this fragrance. It is absolutely beautiful. Smells nothing like Lav & Van at all. If you ever get a chance at the grocery store, pick up a box and let me know if you have a supplier in mind that has something close to this.

I would also have to say that the Lav/Van from JS is heavier on the Lavender side than the Vanilla.

Downey has a dryer sheet called Lavender Vanilla and I have been searching high and low for this fragrance. It is absolutely beautiful. Smells nothing like Lav & Van at all. If you ever get a chance at the grocery store, pick up a box and let me know if you have a supplier in mind that has something close to this.

My favorite lavender is from the Candle Source, it is a dupe of Johnson & Johnson Soothing lavender baby bedtime bath. It smells just link the J&J stuff and throws great in soy:)

LOL! She said "Another one of your girls ordered, Lezli with a 'z' " So now I have my own following? ROFLMAO :laugh2:

Truly, I love her products. Sure some of her oils haven't worked for me, but lots of them do and have quickly become my best sellers. If I didn't believe in it, I wouldn't talk about it so much!

I agree, her oils are wonderful. I have only had a small handful that didn't work for me, but I have read others that raved about the same oils. I finally tried the Banana Nut Bread you always rave about, and it is the bomb. :yay:

Just like any other company, not all oils work for all waxes. We have consistantly switched many oils to JS and now she is our main supplier. Love the samples, they always are a nice surprise.