Strongest Cinnamon

Belinda

I'm sure this has been asked before but who has the strongest cinnamon FO? I poured some in straight paraffin (I think from Tennessee) and it didn't seem that strong to my nose. Any burn the nose hairs off cinnamon FO's out there?

Thanks in advance!

I haven't tried those she mentioned, but the strongest of all my scents I've done so far is red hot cinnamon from Candle Science. It smells like red hots! Even people that hate cinnamon love it. I know a guy that for whatever reason "hates red hots", and even he loved it. No one thus far has disliked it's cold or hot throw! I use it in GB 464. Also the hot throw is good about a day later but I still of course let it cure two weeks. But if you want to test it out for scent purposes, you can quickly with this one.

I also use CS Cinnamon Red Hots. I usually mix it with their Cinnamon Stick.

Lately I have been trying to make a blend for cinnamon pinecones. Anyone have any good suggestions for this blend and want to share please do.

Also, does anyone remember Tradewinds cinnamon red hots? They have the best one I ever used. Anyone used one that compares to Tradewinds? CS is pretty good but not quite the same. Tradewinds was the real blow your nosehairs off red hot cinnamon.

• 4 weeks later...

Candybee, I really don't have a good cinnamon but should start looking....

I can tell you this....since I've been ordering quite a bit from Tennessee, they have "Cinnamon Broom" and it is really nice, this has been a very exceptional seller for me it's unbelievable....Every time when I bring in a huge amount of this scent, ......literally they sell IMMEDIATELY...all of them.

But you are the best when it comes to combinations, as I just love them...so I'm sure you will come up with something and I'll just have to try it myself!

Trappeur

• Like 2

Oh Candybee......was just thinking about your cinnamon pine cones......so are you going to do a combo of some cinnamon with a pine cone or a pine tree?   Sounds AWESOME!  

Trappeur

A little background-- I bought a lb of cinnamon from Fillmore. But it didn't work well in my palm and consequently didn't sell at all. So hoping to sell what I made I renamed it cinnamon pinecones because I knew it would never pass for a good strong cinnamon. Finally it started selling just on the name alone. Sooooooo..... now I want to make a candle that smells like those cinnamon pinecones they sell at the grocery store.

I think a cinnamon broom type fragrance might do the trick. But I want a good one. Also, I am thinking a good spruce with a strong cinnamon would do. CS has both so that might work too.

Trappeur-- if you come up with a FO or a combo of FOs you think would work I'd love to try them out!

Anyway, I hope that gives you an idea of what and why I am looking for this scent or to make this scent.

Hi Belinda,

Is that the Farmhouse Snowy Pine?   Did you ever make it?  Was wondering if you had good success with it and was it a good thrower?

Trappeur

I haven't made it yet. My nose is all stopped up right now and my ears are popping so I haven't messed with much wax except for pouring old stand by scents that I already know are good and strong. School started back for staff today and tomorrow the kids will come so my days are pretty much taken until March 14th. That's when we have Spring Break! Can't wait! LOL! Just got off of Christmas Break and counting the days down till March. After that it'll be June!

I never tried this one. The description of it reads its like red hot cinnamon candies. Wondering if it is as strong as Tradewinds. Will have to give it a try some day.

Candybee,

You need not fear, it smells nothing like red hots.  Just a great throwing cinnamon.