Farmhouse Snowy Pine

SDM

There is a supplier called Farmhouse Supplies http://www.candlesuppliesbyfarmhouse.com/store/WsDefault.asp?Cat=FragranceOils&Sub=9&isThumbs=No&Thumbs=

They sell candle supplies and have the Snowy Pine FO.

There used to be a candle maker on this forum that used a lot of their FOs and swore by them. I never bought from them before but they have been around for at least 10 yrs since I started making candles.

Me three!!!! Love the name.... Farmhouse Snowy Pine....I agree....sounds wonderful....waddayathink..... Fillmore Christmas Tree and touch of peppermint? or touch of spearmint? or maybe a touch of both...OR maybe a touch of TCS Buttercream with all?? :)

• Like 1

Me three!!!! Love the name.... Farmhouse Snowy Pine....I agree....sounds wonderful....waddayathink..... Fillmore Christmas Tree and touch of peppermint? or touch of spearmint? or maybe a touch of both...OR maybe a touch of TCS Buttercream with all?? :)

Sounds very invigorating Puma! I'm sure that would be a winner...Actually, now that I think about it, the buttercream, the balsam christmas tree and peppermint would be awesome!!!!  I may have to do your creation! lol, lol  

Now I personally like the buttercream myself.....Actually I've always mixed Vanilla voodoo with Filmore's Christmas tree but I was never original on a name and just have always called it Vanilla Balsam.....Now that I heard this name, my mind is a clicking...

When I saw that name Farmhouse Snowy Pine it reminded me of a piece of property I wanted to buy so badly about 10 years ago when I had the money.  It was in Vermont and I came upon a piece of property for sale and the name of the property was Snow Farm.  Picture this...it was sooooo me....This piece of property was a vintage old old log cabin in the Vermont woods that had a pond off to the side of it and this old cabin which was very livable sat somewhat on a knoll overlooking the fields that came with it and in the distance you could see the Green Mountains which are a chain of mountains in Vermont.  It had a cricketty screen door on the front door which I love the sound of...lol.....call me weird and inside was a beautiful very old stone fireplace tucked in the corner of the living room.  It had the old worn, beatup linolium floor in the kitchen (I loved that).  When you walked outside it had an old path that led to the sugar house that came with the property where they made maple syrup.....Just the charm of everything sold me on everything....I should have bought it....but i can dream about it.

Trappeur

• Like 5

Speaking of buttercream, I switched from using buttercream for my blenders and started using French Vanilla instead. I am finding I love the fr. vanilla much better in blends than the buttercream. Specifically I use Element's Fr. Vanilla.

This year I am blending CS Mistletoe, EBB French Vanilla, and Peaks Purely Peppermint together to make a scent I will call: Silver Sleigh Bells.

• Like 3

You guys are so good at this....and here I am just trying to find a plain old mulberry I like to add this season

Trapper that log cabin sounds like a dream! I so wish I could afford a place like that- your description is fabulous I even heard the door open and could visualize a cozy fire going in that fireplace

• Like 4

Sounds very invigorating Puma! I'm sure that would be a winner...Actually, now that I think about it, the buttercream, the balsam christmas tree and peppermint would be awesome!!!!  I may have to do your creation! lol, lol  

Now I personally like the buttercream myself.....Actually I've always mixed Vanilla voodoo with Filmore's Christmas tree but I was never original on a name and just have always called it Vanilla Balsam.....Now that I heard this name, my mind is a clicking...

When I saw that name Farmhouse Snowy Pine it reminded me of a piece of property I wanted to buy so badly about 10 years ago when I had the money.  It was in Vermont and I came upon a piece of property for sale and the name of the property was Snow Farm.  Picture this...it was sooooo me....This piece of property was a vintage old old log cabin in the Vermont woods that had a pond off to the side of it and this old cabin which was very livable sat somewhat on a knoll overlooking the fields that came with it and in the distance you could see the Green Mountains which are a chain of mountains in Vermont.  It had a cricketty screen door on the front door which I love the sound of...lol.....call me weird and inside was a beautiful very old stone fireplace tucked in the corner of the living room.  It had the old worn, beatup linolium floor in the kitchen (I loved that).  When you walked outside it had an old path that led to the sugar house that came with the property where they made maple syrup.....Just the charm of everything sold me on everything....I should have bought it....but i can dream about it.

Trappeur

Dang! That description of the cabin sounds awesome! Why oh why didn't you buy your dreamhouse? Have you checked to see if the owners might be willing to sell? I believe there is a reason we fall in love with things and that in a way its actually meant to be ours. So I know that somehow someway in the end you will have your dreamhome.

• Like 1

Speaking of buttercream, I switched from using buttercream for my blenders and started using French Vanilla instead. I am finding I love the fr. vanilla much better in blends than the buttercream. Specifically I use Element's Fr. Vanilla.

This year I am blending CS Mistletoe, EBB French Vanilla, and Peaks Purely Peppermint together to make a scent I will call: Silver Sleigh Bells.

You know, I NEVER used to use Buttercream as a blender and I grew a wild hair this year and decided to start adding it to my blends and it has really added the wow factor! It is good to know that French Vanilla can do the same thing! Yea! :) Thanks for the heads up on a great French Vanilla Candybee ...I see some French Vanilla buying in my future...anything to make a blend better..heck maybe a little of both scents:) and your blend sounds lovely! :)

Edited by puma52

Trappeur

Trappeur this cabin sounds absolutely heavenly! Your description makes it sound like it certainly was a perfect place to be. It was so descriptive, I could see it as you described it. I'm sorry you didn't get to get it, but hopefully your dream home/cabin will find you! :)

Edited by puma52

Who's buttercream do y'all use? I have some from DS and Tennessee and somewhere else that I can't remember right now, and I haven't used the one from TCS yet but the others just kind of fell short. Also, where is the best french vanilla? I have Peaks and Cajun's and not sure if I like either one! LOL!

Who's buttercream do y'all use? I have some from DS and Tennessee and somewhere else that I can't remember right now, and I haven't used the one from TCS yet but the others just kind of fell short. Also, where is the best french vanilla? I have Peaks and Cajun's and not sure if I like either one! LOL!

I use TCS Buttercream and we would love to hear what you think of the Snowy Pine when you get it. :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

I use CS Buttercream. My fav buttercream blend is CS Cinnamon buns and CS buttercream. Yowzer!! You expect to gain 10 lbs just smelling it!!

Another alternate blend idea is using Creme Brulee instead of buttercream or vanilla. Creme Brulee will give your blend some carmelized and custard notes.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 2

Hope you give us a review when you get it Belinda. I have heard some good reviews about their oils in the past but never tried any. The chandler that used to use them doesn't post here anymore but really loved their FOs.

I most defiantly will Candybee! I'm not a pine person but this one sounded too good to pass up!

• Like 1