More Chunk Tart Melts that I made this weekend! :)

puma52

HI Belinda...Yes I do use all of the same wax for both the chunks and overpour. Now when I do this in the jars (and I will :)  ) I will OVERPOUR these chunks with container wax.  Let me tell ya what I use and if you want me to take a picture I will. (the aluminum pans look like they have been put through a battle, but that's ok..hee hee)   I bought like 2 of the 3 or 4 pack of the aluminum pans at Walmart.(you will need several pans so that you can pour several scents of wax at a time and this will save so much time and you won't have to wait so long).....they are like the 8x8 size and I also bought the next largest size too (more like a cake pan size, but not as big as a cake pan). I line them with aluminum foil (bringing the foil up all sides) and then poured the wax in ....when it has solidified and while it is STILL WARM but cuttable without the wax leaking out (about an hour or so?), I carefully peel off the aluminum foil and lay the wax on a LARGE aluminum cookie sheet (from Walmart)  then with the largest spackling knife (spend the money and buy a good one) I could buy from Walmart,  I cut into long slices first and then turned them around and cut into the chunks. When I put the chunks into the pan to create the final product,  I do NOT measure out the different scent chunks....i just go for it and put in equal looking amounts of each wax scented chunks (goes fast this way and you get to see and smell your final product quicker...which is GOOD! :) So anyhow I put the different scented chunks in a pan (lined with alum foil) and overpour...then place a few more (of the extra chunks) on top and THEN I get after those top chunks with a heat gun and melt them into submission....melt the rough edges off the tops of the chunk tops and it makes your chunks look yummier and nicer...did I spell yummier right...oh well if not that is ok, but ya know what I mean. :) When your final product is STILL WARM but solidified, take out of the pan, pull off the aluminum foil...place on your alum cookie pan and cut into the chunk sizes you want with your spackling knife. That is it! Enjoy! :)

Ohhh so YUMMY!!!  Great idea with the heat gun at the end!...You've insired me too!!!  Thanks for the share!!  Wonderful job!!!  Now....I hungry!  ha ha!  :D

• Like 2

Ill share a lil of some things I attempt to make...I do this, but put them with some shaped tarts on top along with soe small chunks....I call them  "cubbie cakes"  :)
Ill attempt to post my 1st pic on here....in our lovely craft server world...(that I LOVE!!!)  :wub:
I do tthese in different "themes"  cuz along with my FO obsession...I have a tiny "mold" obsession.....okay....its ....not.... tiny...lol! *hiding*

Ok.....I dont know how to post my pics..  =(   Ive never posted any before...

• Like 3

Well this is something I am going to have to try- they are so beautiful and my venture with soy wax doing chunk votives was not near as pretty as these _ thank you for sharing!

This will be a great way to just up a lot of oils that don't sell well alone in candles or that I have discontinued all together

Now about that land.....if you all move to Mochigan We have commercial property with 3 big barns I could kick my husbands company out and get started! Lol

• Like 2

Well this is something I am going to have to try- they are so beautiful and my venture with soy wax doing chunk votives was not near as pretty as these _ thank you for sharing!

This will be a great way to just up a lot of oils that don't sell well alone in candles or that I have discontinued all together

Now about that land.....if you all move to Mochigan We have commercial property with 3 big barns I could kick my husbands company out and get started! Lol

LOL Moonshine....heck...we'll move anywhere you all want to move to. :) Would LOVE to form a coalition of Craftserver folks and start our own company...could you just IMAGINE??!!! We ALL would give the big ole boys a run for their money and we would be a heck of a company to reckon with huh???!! :) I am so glad that you are going to try this! I have sold a lot of these blends and hope you do too! It's addicting...so watch out! :) A person making these will NEVER be bored! :) Just think...you can also use this method for jar candles too! Oh so many things to make and sooooo litle time! Enjoy trying this method Moonshine and would love to hear what you think of the process and final product. :) I think you will be pretty tickled. :)

• Like 1

Ill share a lil of some things I attempt to make...I do this, but put them with some shaped tarts on top along with soe small chunks....I call them  "cubbie cakes"  :)

Ill attempt to post my 1st pic on here....in our lovely craft server world...(that I LOVE!!!)  :wub:

I do tthese in different "themes"  cuz along with my FO obsession...I have a tiny "mold" obsession.....okay....its ....not.... tiny...lol! *hiding*

Ok.....I dont know how to post my pics..  =(   Ive never posted any before...

We would love to see your pics DawnMichelle!!! You go to the gallery option at top of main page and look to your right and you will see UPLOAD. You upload your pics there first and then come back here and you will be able to load up your pics here on this thread. There are instructions also on this site about how to upload. I played with it and finally got it figured out...goofed up a couple of times first though. :) You can do it! Let's see your creations! :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

lol, lol.......

• Like 1

OK... BAG TIME!!! I mean packaging time. I place a label ....3x2 on front w/a picture and the names of the scents and on the back I put a round 2x2 w/instructions and warnings. Now go for it folks! :)  Let's see YOUR creations! :)

Those are just precious! I'm defiantly going to do some chunk tarts with Fall colors! Maybe some different pumpkin scented ones or pumpkin and apple, or caramel or something like that. Or maybe pumpkin and some kind of spicy orange! I'm not good at the blending ideas LOL!

• Like 2

We would love to see your pics DawnMichelle!!! You go to the gallery option at top of main page and look to your right and you will see UPLOAD. You upload your pics there first and then come back here and you will be able to load up your pics here on this thread. There are instructions also on this site about how to upload. I played with it and finally got it figured out...goofed up a couple of times first though. :) You can do it! Let's see your creations! :)

Ok...I think I got it...lets see if I can post now....Heres my chunk goodies, but mine are not cut yet and I decorate the tops with chunks and embeds and other goodies..  =)  I hope ya'll enjoy!!  :huh:  (If I uploaded correctly...lol)

Dawnsgoodies5

Dawnsgoodies1

Dawnsgoodies2

Dawnsgoodies6

Dawnsgoodies9

Dawnsgoodies8

Dawnsgoodies3

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Puma, those are gorgeous, of course, like all of your stuff is. 

I have this groovy mold (and another just like it only smaller for smaller chunks) that I pour my wax in for chunks. Love them. 

Wow!   I love that mold Jane..... It sure is a lot easier and not messy as doing the normal way on a cookie sheet and cutting after hard.....

I gotta check into that.

Trappeur

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi! I'm new to the forums and have been making wax melts in cups for the past 3-4 months. I'm having the best time with these and I LOVE to blend. My next adventure will be chunk melts. I have some questions about the pans you're using. Are they bread loaf pans? And you're just lining them with foil and that's all? Are you using the same size pans for your chunks as you are to pour the loaves?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Hi Littlebalky!

Welcome to the forum!!! :)  You will have a lot of fun creating these!   I used the Reynolds aluminum pans in the 8x8 square pan and the 12 x 9 cake pans  and yes I just lined them with the aluminum foil and used them both to make the single chunks and blended chunks (depending on how large of batch i wanted to make). Take pics...we want to see! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Puma,

Thank you for the response! How many oz of wax are you pouring into the 8x8 pan for chunks? And which pan are you using when you place chunks and over pour (and how many oz are you using for the over pour? What temp are you at for the over pour? When I make the cups of wax I'm pouring at 160 degrees. Should it be lower than that as to not completely melt the chunks?

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

Puma,

Thank you for the response! How many oz of wax are you pouring into the 8x8 pan for chunks? And which pan are you using when you place chunks and over pour (and how many oz are you using for the over pour? What temp are you at for the over pour? When I make the cups of wax I'm pouring at 160 degrees. Should it be lower than that as to not completely melt the chunks?

Thanks!!

Hi Littlebalky...

I live dangerously :) on these things....for the 8x8 pan I do a 1-1/2 to 2 lb overpour...BUT the wax is REALLY high in the pan (I usually end up bending the little sides straight up so i don't have wax flowing over the side. :) If you are pouring at 160 degrees....you are pouring at a great temp and it will solidify quicker. :)  I hope you are having a fun time making these. I am so sorry I took so long to reply. Please forgive me. :) 

I too have been working on tri-scented was chunks. Today I stocked a store with chunks cupcakes and scoopables. Next I want to try a silicone mold. Currently I cut the chunks with monofilament or a heated knife. A mild would be so much better. Hopefully I figure out how to post photos here. I

Isn't it fun making these? I would love to see your pics! :)

• Like 1

My wax is dye-free, so not colorful and as festive looking as the rest of those shared here!

Online customers prefer to select their own scents rather than scent blends that are pre-made, so that is how I offer these Cake Bite Melts. The customer selects their choice of the embed and another scent for the overpour from a couple of drop down menus on my website. 

Edited by Vicky_CO
Pictures removed at posters request.
  • Like 4

Every time I see this thread I think "i'm going to make some of those, they are so pretty!" and then I don't LOL! Maybe I'll get motivated soon. I still love looking at yours though Puma! Very nice work!

Thank you Belinda! You know at our booth this last Fall and Christmas, we sold a ton of these tarts in the different scents. Our booth sales shifted significantly to sales of these tart blends and tart melters, It was really quite awesome! :) I am already making plans for several blends with the Tonic once I get it from the Co-op (Thanks TallTayl!) One of them will be chunks of Sea Kelp, Salty Sea Air and Sea Witch over poured with Tonic....I can smell it now. :) 

• Like 1

Thank you Belinda! You know at our booth this last Fall and Christmas, we sold a ton of these tarts in the different scents. Our booth sales shifted significantly to sales of these tart blends and tart melters, It was really quite awesome! :) I am already making plans for several blends with the Tonic once I get it from the Co-op (Thanks TallTayl!) One of them will be chunks of Sea Kelp, Salty Sea Air and Sea Witch over poured with Tonic....I can smell it now. :)

Whoooooooaaaaa that combo sounds amazing.
  • Like 1