New Must Haves from AH/RE for <EDITED> specifics are a no no, even in titles?

chuck_35550

I was all set to order sample packs to try the new ones but $18 shipping is too much for me. I believe I'll wait to see what some of the suppliers who offer USPS or Fed Ex get in.

FedEx does show up in my choice of shipping options but still as high as UPS for my location. I wonder why they don't use the Priority Mail packages like Aztec. Aztec's website says they can get up to twenty 1 oz. bottles in a $5.70 Priority Mail package.

GoldieMN

• Like 1

AH/RE has always had high shipping charges. South Carolina is just a hop from Alabama and it costs more than an order from Australia,, lol. It all works out for the good when you look at the regular prices of the 1 ounce bottles. I bought 20 and hope to actually test them and not have them sit and stare at me everyday. I just can't resist a so-called bargain.

Steve

I refused to purchase this sale because to get the dollar discount you had to purchase the 20 for $20 and I really only wanted to get a few of their newest fragrances plus larger bottles of scents I already use.

BTW- if anyone wants a basically full pound of Cuban tobacco FO from AH I'll sell it to you. Cannot get a HT from it in soy. Shame. It's a good scent.

I received my 40 yesterday, and I hate to say so, but OOB I was a little underwhelmed.  I haven't put any in product, and I am hoping to get that done today.  I chose a good variety, looking for B&B scents as well as candle scents.  Most of my choices were well reviewed, so I am expecting to get a few pleasant surprises when I get them in product.  OOB, a few that I am pleased with are Patchouli Rain (a softened patch scent), Woolen Blanket (gives me the warm fuzzies), Strawberry Musk (more strawberry than musk), Passion Melon (strong), Tuscan Fields, Vanilla Sandalwood, Badedas (lovely spa scent), Wine by Candlelight (nice, realistic), Sweet Pumpkin (I really like this pumpkin), Apple Clove Butter (very apple buttery), and Oak Barrel Cider.  The Oak Barrel Cider is probably my fave OOB, and I didn't really expect it to be anything special, but it is quite nice.

Getting my shipment today! Fast. Apple & Pumpkin Strudel, Mulberry Frost, Bora Bora, Rustic Lodge, Satsuma, Cucumber Mint, Pumpkin Crème Brulee, Purple Sandalwood, Cranberry Salsa, Shangri-La, Sweet Pumpkin, Oak Barrel Cider, Tuscan Fields, Lemon Verbena, Honey Bee, Honeysuckle & White Patch, Lemon Curd, Monkey Farts and Red Lipstick. Hope there are some good ones in there!

Steve

Isn't this just their normal sample pack that they sell for the same price every day?  After I read the info about it that's what it seems.  If so, I don't have to rush to get any special deals now.

They don't always have that link on the website available. Just when they are having a flash sale or whatever this one is called.

GoldieMN :)

Isn't this just their normal sample pack that they sell for the same price every day?  After I read the info about it that's what it seems.  If so, I don't have to rush to get any special deals now.

No.  The sample pack offers scents at a sale price. (ends at noon today)  It's not available the rest of the year, just only now during the sale.

Just the 20 for 20, no code. The usual sample packs are for new fragrances or specific sets of fragrances. I wish I had gotten two sets for better sample soap making. I soaped the Purple Sandalwood last night and it is very nice and not too overpowering. There was a little acceleration but my recipe is heavy on tallow and I soaped at a hot temp. The purple morphed on me (damn it) but otherwise the result was good. Hope the scent sticks and doesn't fade. I loved the pumpkin fragrances and most everything else smells strong oob. I' m happy.

Steve

Thanks. I ended buying some samples with my regular order but I really didn't find twenty samples I wanted. But here are the ones I got to try out for CP soaping:

Awapuhi Seaberry

Badedas

Flannel Sheets

Satsuma

Sea Salt and Rice Flower

Sea Salt and Yuzo

Succulent Aloe

The free samples I picked will probably test in candles:

Cranberry Salsa

Volcano

Apple & Pumpkin Struedel

Is there a special code at checkout I use or do I just get 20 FOs to get the special price?

There is a link for the 20 FOs. It won't show up once the sale is over. It is on the "Specials" page. Sorry if this has already been answered. HOT thread! :) Also, if you watch Facebook, they have flash sales for this 20/20 sale. Also had a $15 off $100 order a week ago which would have paid for shipping.

GoldieMN

• Like 1