Labels for New Presentation

Trappeur

I have another presentation to do for a western and lodge store.  There will be 2 different labels for candles in each of these themes.  Here is what I designed and would love everyone's input.

The woodland label with the deer is one choice that I am definitely going with.  Just have to pickout which one as I did in 2 different fonts for Trappeur's Lodge.

#1 Woodland label with script font:

Trappeurs%20Lodge%20Woodland%20Label%202

#2 Woodland label

Trappeurs%20Lodge%20Woodland%20Label.png

#Turquoise Skull Label

I just thought this turquoise skull was just so cool looking....very different with masculine and feminine features in it.  There was just something I loved about it......so eye catching.

skull%202.png

#4 Turquoise Skull Label

skull.png

#5 Brown Skull Label

skull%204.png

#6 Embossed Leather with Black Label

This label was originally just an embossed piece of  leather but it just didn't have enough punch to it for me, so I decided to add some black into the label so I added the black on 1 side for my writing on the label and left enough of the embossed leather to show what it was.  I think this is a real smart classy looking label.

western.png

So I actually need 2 label designs...a lodge label which I'm definitely going with in the woodland label with the deer  and then a western label of which it could be any of the skulls or the embossed leather.

My choice would be for the 2'nd label I think is the embossed leather.

Actually I should tell her we need three labels and I could make my life easier and I would have a lodge label, a western label with the leather and do the skull as a southwest theme...lol

As far as jars go, I'm thinking the 16 oz canning jar with the old timey black or rust lid and I will tie a piece of leather around the neck of the jar.  Thats what I'm thinking...Then I just got a sample jar (a 2 quart cracker jar from Filmore) that I'll be triple wicking.  I'm going to make one up and bring in just to see the reaction from them on it.  It's rather pricy though...holds a lot of wax.  But I think it could be really a cool looking candle with one of these labels on it.

Trappeur 

Edited by Trappeur

I don't know why it seems lately on some of my posts they are double posting and I'm not hitting the button twice....so if one of the moderators could remove 1 of these posts, I would appreciate it.  Thanks.

Trappeur

Guest OldGlory

Beautiful work! I love the first Trappeur's Lodge and the embossed leather. The skulls are very creative but remind me of the 80's. The embossed leather feels rich and current - but timeless. The leather could be a woman's handbag, a man's wallet, a book jacket, a saddle, etc. Whichever, I think the leather is evocative - it reminds you of something and somewhere,and you want to touch it.

Edited: Can you increase the size of the font in the first label?

Edited by OldGlory

Beautiful work! I love the first Trappeur's Lodge and the embossed leather. The skulls are very creative but remind me of the 80's. The embossed leather feels rich and current - but timeless. The leather could be a woman's handbag, a man's wallet, a book jacket, a saddle, etc. Whichever, I think the leather is evocative - it reminds you of something and somewhere,and you want to touch it.

Edited: Can you increase the size of the font in the first label?

Hi Old Glory,

Ok, I made the fonts bigger on Trappeur's Lodge as you suggested, but because they were bigger, I couldn't fit lower between trees, so I dropped the whole image down as far as I could go and had to go above the trees.  I also made just the letter T on Trappeur bigger than the rest and I also changed the color font from the original brown to black and I think I like better.    So here is a picture of the revised on in black and the original label below it.  Is that better or more changes?

Final%20choice%20with%20big%20t.png

I like the changes you made. Label looks great!

I'm sort of torn on the skull labels. The turquoise one looks too goth to me and not reminiscent of a lodge look. I do like the brown skull much better. Nothing gothic about that one and the brown colors and shading are more 'western' to my eyes.

Love the western font types you selected for the leather label. Label looks very nice.

As usual, your labels are beautiful. Love your work!

I love #1 of the Lodge  and the embossed leather one! They all look wonderful though. If you're using one of the skulls too then I like the first one so I guess it would be #3.

What program do you use to make those if you don't mind me asking (and I've probably asked already LOL!)

Thank you for your input.  I just received a sample label of the lodge one with the deer.  Came out beautiful, but I have since changed my fonts on Trappeur.  But it was a sample anyway to make sure the size fonts were a good size.  I'll post a picture of the label on a jar an show everyone after.

Belinda, I use Zazzle.

Trappeur

I have another presentation to do for a western and lodge store.  There will be 2 different labels for candles in each of these themes.  Here is what I designed and would love everyone's input.

The woodland label with the deer is one choice that I am definitely going with.  Just have to pickout which one as I did in 2 different fonts for Trappeur's Lodge.

#1 Woodland label with script font:

#2 Woodland label

Trappeurs%20Lodge%20Woodland%20Label.png

#Turquoise Skull Label

I just thought this turquoise skull was just so cool looking....very different with masculine and feminine features in it.  There was just something I loved about it......so eye catching.

skull%202.png

#4 Turquoise Skull Label

skull.png

#5 Brown Skull Label

skull%204.png

#6 Embossed Leather with Black Label

This label was originally just an embossed piece of  leather but it just didn't have enough punch to it for me, so I decided to add some black into the label so I added the black on 1 side for my writing on the label and left enough of the embossed leather to show what it was.  I think this is a real smart classy looking label.

western.png

So I actually need 2 label designs...a lodge label which I'm definitely going with in the woodland label with the deer  and then a western label of which it could be any of the skulls or the embossed leather.

My choice would be for the 2'nd label I think is the embossed leather.

Actually I should tell her we need three labels and I could make my life easier and I would have a lodge label, a western label with the leather and do the skull as a southwest theme...lol

As far as jars go, I'm thinking the 16 oz canning jar with the old timey black or rust lid and I will tie a piece of leather around the neck of the jar.  Thats what I'm thinking...Then I just got a sample jar (a 2 quart cracker jar from Filmore) that I'll be triple wicking.  I'm going to make one up and bring in just to see the reaction from them on it.  It's rather pricy though...holds a lot of wax.  But I think it could be really a cool looking candle with one of these labels on it.

Trappeur 

I like 1, 3, and 5. I think 3 would sell well in the west at tourists places (at least in "my" parts of Texas. I think the 5th one is classy and tasteful. <3