Picture of what I have been making this past week.

Trappeur

Thought I would share some pictures of things I have been making this past week in this cold frigid weather.

The following pictures of mugs I fill for myself.  My sister sent me the elk mugs last Christmas she had filled with wax and now I keep on filling them for myself.  As you can see, I love the lodge look and they all go with my cabin here in the mountains.  I use 464 wax.    I also made some tea lights to fill the red candleabras.  I know it all looks like Christmas...lol...but I don't care because my house is done in red, black and green and they are for me anyways...lol

For the glass container I use 1 cd 22.   It's a good size container and I would have preferred to go with 2 wicks but the glass is extremely thin and I believe would crack as I have to handle this container with kid gloves.

98b39d7f-bbcd-473f-b3b3-2205b085298b.jpg

877a6c6a-c0f6-4587-b7b4-7fc9d5328d25.jpg

I love love this mug.  My sister sent me 2 last Christmas that she filled with wax and I just keep filling them.

Again I use 464 wax and wound up using 1 cd 12.  An htp 126 works well in too.

5eeb1d6e-bf89-4435-a640-109f0bd7f2de.jpg

Now I bought 2 mugs of these for myself and use a cd 22 in them too.  As you can see, my look is very lodgy and I have my house done in red, green and black so I have a fetish for anything red. lodgy and love pine cones and pine trees.

CIMG1944.jpg

CIMG1928.jpg

I also made some 8oz tins.  Again 464 and for these I use 1 cd 12.

CIMG1926.jpg

I've been filling a lot of crystal lately.  This crystal dish with cover I found and paid a whopping 6 bucks for it.  It's 5 3/4' wide.  I wound up going with 3 cd7.

CIMG1723.jpg

I ordered off Amazon 3 of these beautiful glass containers.  They are 5 1/2" round x 6" tall.  Again using 464 wax and going with 3 cd7 and boy are they beautiful when burning and you can see all the glittering facets as the flame burns.

Matter of fact,  a store asked me to make some up for them but I just don't feel comfortable making a candle in a jar that is not approved for the purpose of burning.  So I just make for me and my sister.  I love love making unusual big containers.  And either I have the bad case of candle nose or the oils I use are getting weaker by the moment...lol but I'm testing going with 1.3 oz of oil for my candles experimenting.

CIMG1735.jpg

Well, my little cat named Munchkin is getting tired of watching me making candles and is falling asleep here at the counter as she is waiting very patiently for me to feed her for the 3'rd time this morning.  My sister says she is my scoleous cat because of the way she sits on the bar stool. lol....

CIMG0292_2.jpg

CIMG1669.jpg

CIMG1812.jpg

This crock I ordered off the internet too and love love making these.  I use 3 cd 7's.  They hold 3 pounds of wax.  Burn beautiful!

912c9d34-9065-4a44-bf47-5a2e623abfa6.jpg

These are my all time favorite that I have 2 of.  A friend of mine was going to throw them away.  I took them from her.  She bought from an artist many years ago.  I sure wish they were still made somewhere as I would save my money up and have them made for dinnerware as I love em!  Well I filled these up a couple days ago.  In this picture which I had taken a couple of months ago I was testing wicks and I believe these in the picture were 3 cd7 which were a little too big.  I have since settled on 3 cd 6 and they burn beautiful.

ab44d429-bc43-4b41-a042-8a42ce2854ce.jpg

And this is Sox, my oldest....

CIMG0675.jpg

Thanks for looking.....

Sorry so  many pictures....

Trappeur

• Like 1

I remember you using a couple of those glass containers before. I just love all you candles and pictures and your style is beautiful! One of these days you will have to show us a picture of the lodge and the woods around it.

Munchkin is a character the way she sits! Cats never cease to amuse and amaze me with their antics and preferences. Now Sox looks like she's getting ready to go into one of those feline trances... contemplating a thought, of a thought, of a thought. LOL :lol: