Masterbuilt Turkey Fryer

I never thought of using a turkey fryer. Is it safe for melting wax?

I have a GE turkey roaster I got at Wally's that holds about 20+ lbs of wax. The wax never touches the heating elements because there is a pan that fits into the entire inside of the roaster itself insulating the wax.

Edited by Candybee

I fill mine to the top! Well, almost to the top-perhaps 2 inches or so from the top. Mine is the old style round version. I LOVE mine, too! I can blast through 30 or so pounds of wax in a flash, do not have to have multiple Prestos and since I prefer to weigh and blend my waxes together, I can do it once a pour.

• Like 2

Candybee...It is a round Masterbuilt Turkey fryer.  It is older and I am not sure you can get these anymore unless you try ebay.  I purchased mine about 8 years ago...to fry a turkey...  I never did fry the turkey but when I started making candles recently I saw other post and decided to try it.  It is wonderful.  I have made 36 9 ounce candles in the last two hours.  Love it!  Thank you justajesuschick.  I will now fill it to the brim.....almost.

• Like 3

Would something like this work? Or ?? 

I've been looking for one myself, but all I ever see with Masterbuilt is the gas fryers, and that just will NOT work in my basement.

:)

Of course I don't see where the wax would come out, and I'm not good with building spouts. Hmm... 

http://tinyurl.com/lhaykzj

Would something like this work? Or ?? 

I've been looking for one myself, but all I ever see with Masterbuilt is the gas fryers, and that just will NOT work in my basement.

:)

Of course I don't see where the wax would come out, and I'm not good with building spouts. Hmm... 

http://tinyurl.com/lhaykzj

I don't know about your link, but type the masterbuilt turkey fryer in the search field & JAJC has written some great posts about it. Ebay has them, you should find the link in her posts.

That picture actually helps a lot - and I remember seeing this a LONG time ago when you first posted it. 

I found a cajun fryer sold by amazon that looks about the same. that I hope will be available when I go to purchase it. I put it in my wish list so I can find it later on. It's a Prime buy too, so that'll help. 

Thanks! 

A few of my online selling wax buddies got the Cajun Injector and a couple of them did not last a year.

I got GOOD advice from this forum to search out a Masterbuilt "old style" and am happy with mine. I have only been using it since the first of the year. I did buy a second one to have as a back up.

I got my first one on craigslist for $25 and the second on ebay for $110 which included free shipping.

Checked my local craigslist - no such luck. 

I guess I really don't need one after all. LOL I do have 4 Presto pots that are in excellent condition after all these years, so I guess I'll just stick with those. They work very well, so I shouldn't/can't complain. :) 

They do, but the only ones I can find look like bread machines, so a completely different style that I don't think would work for wax. Or they also still make the propane outdoor gas fryers, which definitely will not work. 

These are the "new" models for the electric - 

post-200-0-86581400-1409752422_thumb.jpg

I never thought of using a turkey fryer. Is it safe for melting wax?

I have a GE turkey roaster I got at Wally's that holds about 20+ lbs of wax. The wax never touches the heating elements because there is a pan that fits into the entire inside of the roaster itself insulating the wax.

JAJC, Does the wax touch the heating elements in the Masterbuilt fryer? All I can see in other pictures is an element in the bottom and the perforated frying basket, is there some sort of liner that isn't showing up? TIA!!

post-7434-0-59900500-1409762220_thumb.jp

mzpickles, on 03 Sept 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

JAJC, Does the wax touch the heating elements in the Masterbuilt fryer? All I can see in other pictures is an element in the bottom and the perforated frying basket, is there some sort of liner that isn't showing up? TIA!!

Like in the picture above (if I did it right!). But these have a black exterior, not stainless like yours.