apple butter

Guest OldGlory

Guest OldGlory

One of my wholesale clients wants to add apple butter to her line. She already carries an apple pie candle (Aztec FO) and numerous other sweet and spicy bakery type scents so this one has to be really true and unique. Any thoughts?

Also, if anyone makes a candle in a blue color, what fragrances are you using with a blue dye? TIA!

Nana's Old Fashioned Apple Butter. Its really strong and spicy. Its been a while since I used it. I think Natures Garden carries it.

Candles I color blue; Ocean scents, clean scents like Clean Cotton, and "breeze" type scents like Hawaiian Breeze are light blue. Of course there is blueberry type scents too if she is looking for a bakery/food type. CS has a couple of good blueberry oils.

Nana's Old Fashioned Apple Butter. Its really strong and spicy. Its been a while since I used it. I think Natures Garden carries it.

Doesn't Just Scent have the Nana's Apple Butter? I like The CandleSource's Apple Butter...its good and his shipping is affordable lol.

Doesn't Just Scent have the Nana's Apple Butter? I like The CandleSource's Apple Butter...its good and his shipping is affordable lol.

I think you're right. Its been so long since I bought from them. But I remember and love Nana's Apple Butter and their Pumpkin Pie Spice. I really should get some more.

Guest OldGlory

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll gather some apple butter samples over the next few months and go from there.

The blue really has me bumfuzzled. It has to be interpretive of the Smoky Mountains and we already have a clean mountain air type of scent and a blackberry scent. I'm thinking a blue floral but I can't even think of a blue flower in the mountain area. It will be a fun search.

Guest OldGlory

We have a Christmas tree scent. I will give her a sample of blueberry or maybe bluebonnet. I have a few months to gather scents and create samples. I may even suggest a name change. She picked the name and then asked me for a scent to match it. Crazy woman knows I love a challenge, lol.

Guest OldGlory

Both great ideas Steve. Kudzu flowers are bluish/purple aren't they? And they smell divine. Too bad Kudzu is so invasive. I think she might really like the fragrance. If you don't mind me asking, where do you buy Kudzu FO, and which wax do you use it in?

I have some Kudzu I can bring next week. Haven't seen any flowers yet on all this green! I'm surrounded by the stuff. When do they bloom?

Both great ideas Steve. Kudzu flowers are bluish/purple aren't they? And they smell divine. Too bad Kudzu is so invasive. I think she might really like the fragrance. If you don't mind me asking, where do you buy Kudzu FO, and which wax do you use it in?

Guest OldGlory

They bloom in the spring. The plants I've seen don't have a lot of flowers but they are quite fragrant. We'll swap a sample, ok? I'll bring Mistletoe Kisses and you can bring Kudzu. Thanks!

Btw, kudzu can grow 18 inches in one day and it will overtake all other vegetation. If it borders your property keep a close eye on it.

I smelled a lot of honeysuckle this spring, it was incredible. I did smell something I didn't recognize, should have sniffed the fo! Yes, it surrounds property, looks like a Steven King movie. You're welcome!

They bloom in the spring. The plants I've seen don't have a lot of flowers but they are quite fragrant. We'll swap a sample, ok? I'll bring Mistletoe Kisses and you can bring Kudzu. Thanks!

Btw, kudzu can grow 18 inches in one day and it will overtake all other vegetation. If it borders your property keep a close eye on it.

Guest OldGlory

There is wild honeysuckle near my house too. When I pull off the main road I open the windows and get a super strong honeysuckle fragrance most of the summer. What a treat!

if set on floral, maybe look at Hippie Chick (RE) or Cobblestone Path (Candlewic). I think you could turn them blue and rename. Both have lavender in them, but in combination with other fragrances.

If up to mixing ... try something like a combo of carnation, violet, wisteria, jasmine and douse with rain .. (finding that rain though might be tricky) ... seems I'm missing a floral in that combo though.

Edited by Scented

Guest OldGlory

More great information and ideas - thanks everyone!

I like the idea of mixing a floral and rain, and I have an awesome rain scent that I buy from Aztec. I'll see what I can come up with. I'm thinking about a bit of Mistletoe Kisses in the Rain, and some floral notes mixed in too.

Someone gave me a sample of Kudzu so I'll be putting that in wax soon.

Backwoods had a Pumpkin Apple Butter fo that I used to love.

As for scents that go with the color blue - I use blue for scents related to water, air, clean laundry, and masculine scents (I just vary the shades of blue). Blueberry, any blue floral, blue candy, etc., are also.

hth with ideas :-)

if set on floral, maybe look at Hippie Chick (RE) or Cobblestone Path (Candlewic). I think you could turn them blue and rename. Both have lavender in them, but in combination with other fragrances.

If up to mixing ... try something like a combo of carnation, violet, wisteria, jasmine and douse with rain .. (finding that rain though might be tricky) ... seems I'm missing a floral in that combo though.

I was missing heather.

Guest OldGlory

Whew, that's a lot of florals! But I do love mixing FOs for something unique. I'll see what florals I have and go from there. Great idea!