Looking for a replacement

kandlekrazy

I've never smelled Berts CB but I LOVE Cajun's! It smells different than any of the others.

Starrville also has a good one. They have more than one but from what I've read the one that says Mike's Brulee is the best. I have it here and it does smell good OOB, just haven't put it in wax.

HTH

For Berts Creme Brulee. I tried searching but came up with nothing on here.

I purchased one from TCS and it is not near as carmel smelling.

I appreciate any help!

I cant say what Berts smelled like, however I've used Peak's Creme Brulee, and its amazingly strong in a 50/50 blend of soy/parafin as well as a 100% soy blend. Everyone that I gave these to to sample fell in love and have asked for them again.

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I really am missing berts oils too! I have 5 pounds left of her creme brulee. (Nope, can't have them!) To me it smells of Butterscotch, so maybe try oils named that? I have spent so much $$ trying to finds dupes. Even when you send them to a fragrance manufacturer they don't get it right. I sure wish bert would have sold her line to another company instead of just closing. Maybe she will open up again and that's why she didn't sell?? Wishful thinking! I need: Honey Spice Cake, Candy Cane, Christmas Tree, Spiced Pear....

I agree Dana, I don't know which mfg's she was using but I can't seem to find replacements for a bunch. You'd think someone else would be carrying the same mfg?? If I do manage to get close to the smell, it just doesn't last as long which tells me the oils are cut. I'm still crying over dark chocolate mint...nobody has one even close to it. I have just enough candy cane & christmas tree to get through this season and I've already begun the search for something even remotely as strong.

what are some that you are still looking for replacements for? maybe we could help..

i would like to find a replacement for..Aspen Forest, Redwood & cedar, Fall Harvest..

I think I have found a replacement for Lemon Biscotti Pie...there are 2 i want to test more..

BB..Clementine Cupcake & DS Iced Lemon Biscotti..these both to my nose is very close..

when i tested them, i only had a small amount of the fo. So I want to get more to test again...

Biggest problem seems to be the 10 that you spend $ on to try prior to finding one that's suitable and I absolutely hate 1 oz bottles. Wish I would have kept some of the Dk choc mint to

have it duped.

Apple Cinnamon (I think that was name, smelled like baked apples - no crust) I may be able to dupe this one myself.

Dark Chocolate Mint (Andes) (tried at least 12 different ones) Use the one from Venus right now, least complaints but doesn't last very long.

Christmas Tree (I just got one from the candle source that I think is actually going to work for this replacement)

Creme Brulee

Lemon Biscotti (although this is not a great seller so wouldn't mind dropping it.) And I've heard DS is about the closest to it.

Chamomile (I've tried dozens and they are just not as strong or long lasting)

Red Hot - haven't tried any others yet in this scent

That's all my brain is coming up with right now.

I've never smelled Berts CB but I LOVE Cajun's! It smells different than any of the others.

Starrville also has a good one. They have more than one but from what I've read the one that says Mike's Brulee is the best. I have it here and it does smell good OOB, just haven't put it in wax.

HTH

Love Cajuns too!! Rich and creamy! :)

I just ordered the Mike's Brulee from Starville along with their Chocolate mint, red hot and french market. I don't like their website, it's awful. Have to keep going back into fragrances each time you put something in cart...back button takes you to descriptions only and couldn't get to payment option it stuck on local pickup...hoping I can call in a credit card. If I can replace 3 of the fragrances here it

will be worth the hassle.

Does Cajun's have a caramel smell? I looked at description and it doesn't say anything about caramel.

I don't think it has a caramel smell, it has a slightly burnt super creamy vanilla. It is super strong and it can be blended into other scents to add richness and if you wanted to add a buttery caramel to it, you would create an awesome scent.....hmmm a great blending idea there Kandlekrazy.... :)

Ok just got my starville order.

Mike's brulee is downright yummy oob it's not the same as Berts but I think this one will be a winner.

I also got French Market - Super nice OOB not overwhelming like I expected

Lime Cilantro - May just be a dupe I've been looking for.

Red Hot Cinnamon - Exactly like the candy oob

I'm excited to get these into wax as I may have 3 replacements here and a nice floral to boot!

• 2 months later...