Thoughts on palm....

LeahRB

Where do you buy your wax? Being a container wax, does it still slide out of the bowl?

I've used glass glow container from Peaks, Candlemakers Store, C&S, and in the old days CS. Now I use crystal container palm from Candlewic because they blend their own wax and its more consistent than any other palm source I have used. Yes the melt still slides out of the bowl.

I had my doubts too before I used it. Just one day I was pouring containers and had some leftover wax. So I poured the wax into my melt molds. Thats how I started using them. After that, I was hooked. Now I just buy the same wax for my container candles and my melts.

I love how one push with your fingertip and the whole melt slides out of the bowl in one piece. Easy peasy clean up.

I've used glass glow container from Peaks, Candlemakers Store, C&S, and in the old days CS. Now I use crystal container palm from Candlewic because they blend their own wax and its more consistent than any other palm source I have used. Yes the melt still slides out of the bowl.

Thank you so much for the info!! I'm going to order some container palm for sure!

I love how one push with your fingertip and the whole melt slides out of the bowl in one piece. Easy peasy clean up.

I think I like this feature even more than I love the throw.

I typically make my melts several days in advance of selling. I like to cure my palm melts and candles for a minimum of 3 days to a week. It allows the wax to fully crystalize and harden. I like the burn quality from a cured candle/melt.

I realize that the wax gets hard very quickly, and yes you can burn your melt or candle the same day. But if you do a back to back burn test of a cured candle to a freshly made one you will notice a difference in the burn quality.

What wattage are the scentsy warmers? I use feather and sparkle palm wax in my warmer from Wally World and have not had problem at all. Most of my warmer's 15 watts.

I think they are 25.

I'm so excited, my sparkle palm container wax will be here tomorrow. Thank you, Candy, for the idea!!! :-)

• 8 months later...

Yes it does. I use gb464 and feather palm. I tried the container palm mixed with soy also but as it hardens, it's "squeezes" the soy out and it puddles on top. Feather works perfectly for me.

I mixed 464 with container wax last night and I was wondering what was on top of my melts.  KrazeKelly have you ever tried 90/10 (container palm/soy), if so did it leave the puddles on top?

• 2 weeks later...