Theme and name, think I finally decided...Opinions Needed!

kountrytimes

Stinky and skunks I don't think would peak my curiosity if I saw that on the web. Just saying.

Can you pick a company name using your real name? Family last name? Something without stinky.

Believe me, I know what you are going thru trying to decide on a name and a theme...it took me 3 years to get

my theme "right". Actually, for my company name I used my town name.

HTH

Carrie

I can't get excited about anything "stinky." As a customer, I feel frustrated when I try to look up a company name and can't find it because of a unique spelling, like using "K" instead of "C" to spell "Kreations."

I think the skunks are awfully cute! There may be a way to include them without using the word "stinky." Another old-time country name for a skunk is "polecat." What about: Polecat Scentsations, Polecat Creations, Polecat Aroma Creations, Polecat Aroma Scentsations, Scentsual Skunks, Keri's Scentsual Skunks....

Edited by HorsescentS

I also think the skunk is cute but I wouldn't use skunk or stinky in the name

If I was doing a search for candles or B&B and came across that name I don't think I would look further

I like iwantitgreens idea and maybe do something fun with the skunk in the logo with a catchy phrase or something

I really really like the skunk angle, but dislike the name. It's a potential customer deterrent; which ain't good atall.:wink2:

But keeping that cute mascot as your logo is a must! You should definitely play up the skunk jokes and cutsy stuff. Heck, why not add a few more critters and call your candle co...

Country Critters Candle Co. CCCC for short! :laugh2:

I love your theme! If you "stick with the skunk-shtick" (say that a few times fast and you'll say another word that "stinks") then by all means use it to it's fullest potential!!! I think you're on to something good with this theme!

Edited by rctfavr3

Your name is Keri. Your username is Kountrytimes. Why not do something like "Keri's Kountrytime Kreations" You could sell pretty much anything under that business name if you wanted to. Ex. quilts, baked goods, crafts, etc.

I just have to mention that there are 3 Ks, that might not fly in all areas... Just a thought.

As far as a name with 'Stinky' in it, I suppose it depends on your market.

That said, I'm one of those people who NEVER, NEVER, EVER, EVER does business with someone who can't spell or thinks it's cute to spell phonetically. For example, I would RUN, not walk, from a business called 'Kountry Kandles'. It pains me greatly to even type it.

jmho

Stinky and skunks I don't think would peak my curiosity if I saw that on the web. Just saying.

Can you pick a company name using your real name? Family last name? Something without stinky.

Believe me, I know what you are going thru trying to decide on a name and a theme...it took me 3 years to get

my theme "right". Actually, for my company name I used my town name.

HTH

Carrie

Presumably, you mean 'pique'. ?

We do not have 3Ks here in NY, but, that was the first thing I thought of... lol

However, I also dislike names that are spelled cutesy, like grl, or meltz.

Slang like that makes me feel like someone is texting... when texting, its fine. Business... I want things a little more professional.

I'm one of those people who NEVER, NEVER, EVER, EVER does business with someone who can't spell or thinks it's cute to spell phonetically. For example, I would RUN, not walk, from a business called 'Kountry Kandles'. It pains me greatly to even type it.

Same here - the thing of spelling 'C' words with a 'K' is right up there with nails on a chalkboard.

Well I think the skunks are adorable and that part of your theme is cute. I would hesitate using the word stinky in my biz name for all the reasons mentioned.

When I first saw your picture of the skunk it made me think of that famous skunk Pepe Le Pew. People love him for his amorous adventures rather than his stink. So who knows, maybe you can figure out the right angle to use your cute skunk character. Maybe he/she is 'in love' with the scent of your candle.

Edited by Candybee