jackbenimble

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other day I did a search to see what FO are the same from different companies and in there someone said that JS Serendipity was the same as BCN Cupid.

Here is the link for BCN Cupid. It sounds yummy! http://cart.candlesupply.com/Cupid-Bubbles-n-Lights-pr-20095.html#.UOL5TkLXeRI

Thanks for sharing, I just ordered some. I will compare it to my tarts I have here in Serendipity from JS. :)

I'm really wanting to find this Serendipity FO, too.

Cupid (BNL) - This one is a must-smell! It's a rich, cherry almond coconuty scent! It's awesome in a candle, soaps and B&B products! It's such a soothing, comforting fragrance. I find myself slathering on the bath and body products with this fragrance in the winter. I just love it and know you will too! Many of our customers tell us it reminds them of that comforting scent of Original Jergen's lotion.

JS Serendipity - This is a super sweet concoction that will totally win you over! Sweet, thick, creamy vanilla with confectioners sugar sweet cherry, sweet orange citrus and the tiniest amount of yummy fresh coconut. This is a rich and wonderfully decadent sinfully sweet delight! Excellent in soy and bath and body safe! 200 FP.

The "almond" note in the BCN/BNL scent description has me thrown off. Also, it doesn't mention the orange/citrus at all. I am so curious that I may have to get samples of each to try for myself. I'm not sure I can wait to hear Leisa's results. :-)

Edited by nmhoneybear

The "almond" note in the BCN/BNL scent description has me thrown off. Also, it doesn't mention the orange/citrus at all. I am so curious that I may have to get samples of each to try for myself. I'm not sure I can wait to hear Leisa's results. :-)

Well order ya some samples then girly,..lol. They you can test the HT for yourself. :)

I'm really wanting to find this Serendipity FO, too.

Cupid (BNL) - This one is a must-smell! It's a rich, cherry almond coconuty scent! It's awesome in a candle, soaps and B&B products! It's such a soothing, comforting fragrance. I find myself slathering on the bath and body products with this fragrance in the winter. I just love it and know you will too! Many of our customers tell us it reminds them of that comforting scent of Original Jergen's lotion.

JS Serendipity - This is a super sweet concoction that will totally win you over! Sweet, thick, creamy vanilla with confectioners sugar sweet cherry, sweet orange citrus and the tiniest amount of yummy fresh coconut. This is a rich and wonderfully decadent sinfully sweet delight! Excellent in soy and bath and body safe! 200 FP.

Almond and Cherry are very similar in their scent profile and can be used interchangeable in certain FO blends. Almond has a slight wood note, but it's mostly indistinguishable from Cherry.

Edited by rctfavr3

Thanks to this discussion, I bought an oz of this FO off of Etsy & I'm 99.9% sure it's the one from JS based on descriptions. I made a tart from it & to me it smells like cherry pipe tobacco. ??

Yep, must be the same one, because thats what I thought it smelled like as well. hehe

• 2 weeks later...

I got my order in last week of the Bubbles N Lights (BCN) FO of Cupid and made a few tarts last Saturday and melted one this morning and to me its dead-on with the Serendipty scent that I got in a tart from a vendor. Thats a decent price per lb. :)

ETA: ICS is now carrying Serendipity and the description states a almond note as well.

Edited by leisa2003

I just got this in and it smells like maraschino cherries and coconut.

This sounds like it might be workable. Maybe a little vanilla to get all three scents?

Not even 3 hours ago, I just ordered cherry and coconut to try to make my own blend. Am going to try CC VV that I have here for the vanilla part.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'm going to mix some coconut cream pie and creamsicle FOs with Candlewic "Black Cherry" and see what I come up with. Oh, and a dab of "Vanilla Voodoo" since that was mentioned above. I haven't been blazing through any of those bottles of FO I have so this might help me use them up.

So it smells like Jergens lotion used to? I've never tried that oil.

If it smells like Jergens lotion I want nothing to do with it! Yuck. I think people gravitate to things like that not because they smell particularly good, but because of nostalgia. That Rosemilk lotion my mom used to keep around was pretty horrid too. *shudder*