Last Weekend's Setup

Alajane

Guest OldGlory

Very nice set up. The black table skirts (I use a dark navy) are a nice touch - they really make the product POP. And I like how this layout would allow many people to shop at the same time. I will remember to try this if I get to do a show again.

I bought 14" risers for the legs of each table when I was doing shows. Seemed to help quite a bit to have some things along the back of the table (up on crates) at eye level. Bed Bath and Beyond used to carry risers - don't know if they still do.

Thanks so much for the nice comments! I love the table covers--had wanted some for years but was too cheap to buy them until I ran across them at Linens-n-Things online for less than $20 each--I posted about it here at the time (it's been over a year ago). I just love using these because they're the fitted ones that you don't have to worry about tucking in to keep people from tripping on the corners.

Someone asked how I did--it doesn't sound like much, but for such a small-town show that only lasted 4 hours, I was pretty pleased--we took in a little over $300 and the booth fee was $15!!! I normally do 3-day shows once a month and the setup took me just as long for this short one, but I wanted to support my little town and for the amount of time the show lasted, I was very happy with the total.

Edited by Alajane

Sorry, mzphee--somehow I didn't see your question when I posted earlier. I don't have time to search right now but I "borrowed" this idea from someone else on here (of course--I have no imagination of my own!) and hate to take the credit for it. I use 6-inch pegs on black plastic pegboards (16x16 size) from Home Depot (photo below--you can find them online with a search using the word "pegboard). I attach the pegboards together with zip ties and have plastic shelves behind them--the pegboards and shelves are all attached very securely with zip ties and then the shelves are attached to my table with C-clamps.

I do all this reinforcement because the first time I used this system, I had just tied all the pegboards together and leaned them back using long pegs in the back to make them stand-alone. I had 72 pegs, each with 5 clamshells on them, and it started falling from the far end and they all tumbled into the floor!!! So now I make sure everything is VERY securely attached to the table--takes me longer to set up the shelves and pegboards than all the rest of my display put together!

Hope this explanation makes sense--I'll try to get back on here this weekend to see if you have any other questions.

Jane

21939c17-11e4-4c7f-a912-f2e5a5a7a245_300.jpg

I was typing a response to your PM, Quietgirl, when I realized the same question was asked here also so I thought it would be more informative to provide the info here.

I searched at Home Depot, where I got everything for convenience, and can't find it online but did find what I think is the same thing at Wal-Mart--I couldn't copy the picture to insert here but this is the name of the product as shown at WM:

Environ Elements 4-Tier Shelf Unit, 14x22, Black--$19.97

OK--here goes my defective descriptive powers!!! What is shown is a 4-shelf unit but I make 2 sets out of each unit, each with a top and bottom shelf only. (You'll have 4 legs left over from each unit purchased.) For my display, I make up 2-3 sets of shelf bases (whatever fits on your table space) and attach those together with wire ties for stability. Then I attach my 16-inch-square pegboards together to fit in front of the shelf bases and secure those to the plastic bases with wire ties. For extra stability, I attach the bases of the plastic shelves to the back side of my table with 4-inch C-clamps. Since there's a top on the shelves, I can set up my warmer display there. Sorry I don't have any pictures--if it's still not clear and you guys want me to, I'll try to remember to take some pictures as we set up for our show next weekend.

Was that "clear as mud"????????

Hope it helped.

Jane