Pricing on Clamshells?

quietgirl2004

Wow - I am really high....$5.00 or 3 for $12

My individuals are $2 or 10 for $15 And have sold great

I just started making clams- maybe I need to lower my price

I sell mine for $4ea or 3 for $10. I can't do it for less than that and no one has complained yet. If they did they can get it cheaper somewhere else.

$4.50 for me. If Scentsy can sell their's for $5.00, ours are worth it just as well. I don't know how anyone makes much on them at all if they sell them less than $4.00, unless they have a huge customer base and can buy all the supplies in larger bulk. To me it would not be worth it, if I sold less then $4.00 and maybe even $4.50. The bummer thing is, are the low costs ones at Walmart, Walgreens and now even Big R!!!! I cannot compete with those prices.

Edited by Holly

Exactly! One day you'll be able to buy in bulk & sell much cheaper. Then you'll post a thread showing us how to do the same. JBN you are all Sweetness!

I think that it is possible to get a lower cost clamshell like the previous poster has and compete with Walmarts of the world but it's about buying in bulk quantities. Which I'm sure you all know. As for me I do what what I can do for now and I'm ok with that.

I think that it is possible to get a lower cost clamshell like the previous poster has and compete with Walmarts of the world but it's about buying in bulk quantities. Which I'm sure you all know. As for me I do what what I can do for now and I'm ok with that.

I agree. Some of us are just not to the point to buy in a large enough bulk to get the prices down, especially those like myself that just got back into the biz and moving really slow for various reasons. That is another reason why it is not always a good idea to have too many fragrances, which I am guilty of doing. One would have to have a large customer base and consistent sales to order in bulk for many different oils.

Edited by Holly

Well I remember back in the day when we would pour them in the clamshells, pull them out and bag them for $2.00, then we moved to $2.50 a bag... Then got tired of the bag and went strictly clamshells for $2.75. Now for the past 6 - 9 months we retail at $3.00 and wholesale at $1.50. Been thinking of raising it up to $3.25 or $3.50 and do as many said, 3 for $x. We just opened a retail store so the increase would be justified... I just hate raising prices tho...

Oh I should mention that run with the 2x wholesale, 3x or 4x for retail price plan tho...