Why choose Soy?

Since you read "ALL posts in these forums," you know I've posted in less than 1% of all soy-related threads on craftserver, and I rarely comment in the Veggie Wax forum, although I have every right to post here whenever I have something to say, just like the soy chandlers who often post on threads about paraffin candles in the General Candlemaking forum.

I am not threatened when soy chandlers chime in on threads about paraffin candles, and you should be able to handle it when paraffin chandlers have something to say about soy.

Bottom Line: Any time I see a soy chandler posting hype about soy that is not true, I am going to comment about it, period!

And any time a newby shows up asking for honest opinions about whether to work with soy vs. paraffin, I'm going to give them my honest opinion so they can make an informed decision after hearing from both paraffin and soy chandlers about their waxes.

And I don't care if you like it, and I don't care if I get flamed by a hundred angry soy chandlers in a thread five thousand nasty comments long, I have a right to speak up about it, and I will.

I can see why you have a problem with me speaking up after reading what you wrote about soy candles on your "Mountain Soy Candle" Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mountain-Soy-Candle-Company/183727485009786?sk=info

About

"Hand Poured Soy Candles

"Description

"Hand Poured Soy Candles with natural soy wax and 100 % cotton core wicks!

Soy candles are a great alternative to parrafin wax candles. Soy wax does not get hot like parrafin and burns 50% longer. Soy wax spills are easy to clean just use soap & water. My favorite part is the smell wonderful and you are not breathing in the those toxins from parrafin wax."

So, you really wrote: "TOXINS from parrafin"????? lol Soy wax is "natural"? Really? Where in nature is it found? Thank you!

Also, there are some very long-burning paraffin blends, like my 4627, so I doubt your candles "burns 50% longer" than mine...but if they do, more power to you!

Now, moving on to what you said on your blog:

http://mountainsoycandleco.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2009-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2010-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=3

"All my candles are 100% guaranteed.

Soy burns 50% longer then parrifin & will have less soot."

We all know that soy wax produces the same amount of soot as paraffin, according to the National Candle Association!

WRONG AGAIN!!! Thats not my facebook page or my Blog. You should go back to google and get your facts straight. Better yet here ya go. http://www.facebook.com/mountain.soycandle. This is the second time you have accused me of putting crap on the internet about my candles. Think you would have learned the first time I proved you wrong. Apology accepted.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG!!!!

It's the CONSTANT "TRYING" to find SOMETHING wrong with every soy persons representation of THEIR product and YOUR interpretation that you CONSTANTLY shove down people's throats that people HATE and yet you STILL keep going....you owe mountain Soy a HUGE apology for what you just did! That was soooo wrong on so many levels!

And I 100% agree with Beth this thread needs to die!

That's why I suggested cupcakes and ice cream cones!!!! But does anyone listen? Noooo.

So, back to cupcakes and ice cream cones; only poured 4 thus far and they sure look pretty. Paraffin and 415 to help me achieve the look of a "rough" topping :cheesy2:

Don't ask for pics; I'm a computer fossil and don't know how to upload pics here.

Also saw some really cute ice cream scoops molds; they'll probably be in my next shopping cart; yep, they have some cute molds there (Etsy).

Think this thread needed a bit more assertiveness. Fluff just wasn't gonna do it Ravens :laugh2:

I know, Jeanie, but I did not want to lose my cool. I can be quite rude and pissy, but that's no feather in my cap, anyone can be an ass - nothing to feel proud about. So I chose the Donovan's route: peace and cupcakes, bwhahahaha :laugh2::laugh2:

Seriously, the disagreement seems to have settled down; glad for that.

Ommmmm :meditate:

I know, Jeanie, but I did not want to lose my cool. I can be quite rude and pissy, but that's no feather in my cap, anyone can be an ass - nothing to feel proud about. So I chose the Donovan's route: peace and cupcakes, bwhahahaha :laugh2::laugh2:

Seriously, the disagreement seems to have settled down; glad for that.

Ommmmm :meditate:

Yes, it has settled it seems. I was referring to Beth's reply and joking around w/you that's all. No seriousness in my post. I need to begin reinserting the smiley faces more often. Typed words don't often relay things right :):)

Jeanie, I was sure you were kidding around; think we know one another pretty well. BUT... I do have a question/request for Jillsthings: will you please send some unicorn crapcakes our way? Ooops, I meant "cupcakes"; will you post pics? Btw, rainbows and butterflies are fine with me :wink2: If you remember the 60s.... "Hang loose, man; it' all cool, man", lol

I wasn't born in the 60's, unfortunately. :embarasse I would have loved to be around back then, minus the drugs. I'm silly and happy enough without them. :tongue2:

And I would love to post pictures of my unicorn, but sadly, I can't get any good pics. I guess it has something to do with the magical qualities, and it just shows up as this big blur. It's really unfortunate because she is beautiful! :yes: