Supplier Rant:0(

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna try and call her tomorrow then! I will tell you all then..is that fair? I just want to do everything right and give her the opportunity to do what's right. I am not the type of person to bad mouth others but this really has me upset! Thank you all for your help! :0)

That is exactly what I would do and I think what others were encouraging. Giving people or companies the opportunity to make things right, first. Sure wish you the best and that your call will be well received and you will get positive resolution!

I think she's been patient enough. She already called & they told her the oil was fine. Whomever the owner has entrusted to work the phones for her business answered her.

In other words, I'd name the supplier. You shouldn't have to wait weeks and get a hold of the actual owner.

When ever I have called NG they have answered the phone. They also have a facebook page. Why don't you post there and ask Deborah about the problem with your bottle. She could smell the stock they have in and see if it's different. Maybe send me a sniffy of the oil to see what I think. Or someone else.

This is part of the reason I'm easing out of this hobby. I'm trying to buy just enough supplies to match up with what I've already got to finish it all out. It seems like the quality in the last couple of years is going downhill. Add that to prices going up and it's not worth it.

I haven't tried NG yet, and a couple of years ago a shop owner told me they were very good, but lately I've seen some comments here about their FO's not being as strong or complex as they were. I wonder what's wrong.

I'm glad I used my last bottle from them this season. I'd use them but only for soap. In soy candles they are just not strong enough for me. These are JMO's though.

I personally do not like NG's version of Ginger bread so I assume I would not like gingersnap. I don't like several companies ginger type FO's including favorites from this board. I bet you did not get a sample. I am taking up for them because the ginger bread smells like yuck to me too. Although I love the many scents I use from there. The ones I do have are wonderful and not weak. JMHO

I have had hit and miss experiences with their oils. I watched Kimberly make earl gray tea soap and she said it smelled so good. I tried it and the soap is soft and I can't smell it at all. Fairy dust is almost undetectable also. Tommy smells like Cool Water to me. But I have hit and misses from all suppliers and I usually try them all out in soaps first now and then decide if I want to keep them for candles also.

Well ok, am I the only one that did NOT see that one coming ?

In my experience with them the customer service has been fine but the FOs weren't strong enough in my wax.

What surprised me is I expected they would have replaced it or offered refund.

Edited by jeanie353

I bet you did not get a sample. I am taking up for them because the ginger bread smells like yuck to me too. Although I love the many scents I use from there. The ones I do have are wonderful and not weak. JMHO

In post #10, she said she got a sample.

I had the same problem with the green apple cotton candy, I b***hed & she said it was just my nose. That stuff was god awful & it did not get any better in wax. Good Luck, getting anything done about it. I even posted on their FB page. Nothing.

I will just say I've never ever had any problems, their CS has been exemplary, and they have bent over backwards anytime there is any issue I've ever had, regardless of the problem big or small. They've even followed up with the problem afterwards on one issue to make sure everything was ok. I'm sorry you had this experience but I do think you need to reach out to the owner herself and see what you can accomplish. All companies have hit and miss oils in our various waxes, we cannot expect all the oils to work with each of our systems. We all have different sniffers and customers. I hope you can work this out because I hate to see an amazing company get dissed by people who didn't have such an experience.