Supplier Rant:0(

I ordered 12 bottles of oils 3 weeks ago from a supplier I have used for 5 years. I smelled the Gingersnap cookies and OOB it smelled like a household cleaner. Hoping after in wax it would be better.. NOT! I Emailed them and waited 5 days..no response. Then called and was told they would check into it and get back to me in a couple days. Waited another week..nothing. Called again and was told they checked into it and the oil is fine. I said..um, no its not fine, there is no way this is how Gingersnap Cookies smells. It is disgusting! Something is not right. I've bought oils for 5 years from you, this has never happened before. Well they will talk to the owner and she can get back to you. That was another week ago. I'm so irritated, I counted and have 42 of oils from this company so it's not like I'm just trying them out! OMG! How would you all handled this?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently had that happen.... my Vanilla Bean Noel had Zero scent OOB & in wax. I emailed & was told no one else had reported a problem. Thankfully it was only a sample. I would definitely keep calling & trying to reach the owner.

That sounds like the place I just had it happen from. Several scents were changed. She said "what you got is what you got". In the end she did emailed back with "Oh there was something wrong". Alot of the same oils Ive used from this place have changed (and not just from the phalates removal..Its MAJOR). Sorry that happened to you!

I hate that has happen to any of yall. It's frustrating on a level that , well, yall know what I mean.

But I have to ask.. which suppliers and which other oils have done this/been this way.

Sure, I'm nosey but I also ask because someone else might have had this problem and be afraid to say something for fear that they are either a whistle blower, OR that they are overreacting.. and another reason to tell us is because someone might have had to deal with this situation and can give you a heads up on how to deal with that particular company.

We all might be competitors when it comes down to it, but we're all still family too, and we need to look out for each other whenever we can, especially with the ups and downs of this business. I think we need to know if a supplier who is taking advantage of some us.

But............ that's JMHO. When I get to start back up, I don't have the luxury of buying from someone who has been having issues with their CS and products and not correcting it .

I agree that you should say which supplier you're having problems with, to protect the rest of us from ordering large quantities of bad FO's from them, instead of ordering samples to make sure the problem has been corrected first. It's always important to speak directly to the owner on the phone because sometimes they're not aware that their employees are screwing them over. If they won't replace the FO's or refund you, a letter to the Attorney General's office carries a lot more weight than complaining to the BBB,so just tell the owner you're contacting the Attorney General.

Edited by HorsescentS

Did the supplier replace your FO?

That sounds like the place I just had it happen from. Several scents were changed. She said "what you got is what you got". In the end she did emailed back with "Oh there was something wrong". Alot of the same oils Ive used from this place have changed (and not just from the phalates removal..Its MAJOR). Sorry that happened to you!

I ordered 12 bottles of oils 3 weeks ago from a supplier I have used for 5 years. I smelled the Gingersnap cookies and OOB it smelled like a household cleaner. Hoping after in wax it would be better.. NOT! I Emailed them and waited 5 days..no response. Then called and was told they would check into it and get back to me in a couple days. Waited another week..nothing. Called again and was told they checked into it and the oil is fine. I said..um, no its not fine, there is no way this is how Gingersnap Cookies smells. It is disgusting! Something is not right. I've bought oils for 5 years from you, this has never happened before. Well they will talk to the owner and she can get back to you. That was another week ago. I'm so irritated, I counted and have 42 of oils from this company so it's not like I'm just trying them out! OMG! How would you all handled this?

This is why suppliers sell samples.

If you tried a sample, then ordered and got something different, you would have a legitimate complaint.

Truthfully, you could try 5 different Gingersnaps from 5 different suppliers and all five would probably smell different with none of them smelling like the cookies you ate years ago. Scents are highly subjective. But really, if you didn't try a sample first, I don't see a legitimate complaint.

Yep, I did get a sample first! So do ya all think I should call back and ask to speak with the owner personally? I have no issues mentioning which supplier it is, I just get all your thoughts on how long is too long that the problem should of been corrected. I'm just amazed..not in a good way, that this is all happening. It is a very large well known business. Like I said, if ya all think I've handled it correctly, I'll mention which supplier it is! Thank you all so much for your opinions, I respect them so much!

Yep, I did get a sample first! So do ya all think I should call back and ask to speak with the owner personally? I have no issues mentioning which supplier it is, I just get all your thoughts on how long is too long that the problem should of been corrected. I'm just amazed..not in a good way, that this is all happening. It is a very large well known business. Like I said, if ya all think I've handled it correctly, I'll mention which supplier it is! Thank you all so much for your opinions, I respect them so much!

The owner needs to know what's going on, so you should talk directly to the owner.