Supplier Rant:0(

I would have bet it was ICS because she treated me the same way. I'm really surprised it was NG, too.

I would have bet it was ICS too. I do not order from NG often, but all of my experiences have been good ones in the way of customer service and prompt shipping.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted on fb..guess crossing my fingers i hear back! I need to place an order for quite a few oils but I've been kinda waiting to see how this goes!

Did you ever get a resolution to the problem? Reason I ask is I am right there with you but not with FO- with wicks

They changed them and I can't an answer either- supposedly they are talking with the owner and checking into it....I have hundreds of wicks that are useless to me at the moment!

And I am shocked- I don't order much from them but have always had top notch service - I am baffled

Edited by moonshine

Did you ever get a resolution to the problem? Reason I ask is I am right there with you but not with FO- with wicks

They changed them and I can't an answer either- supposedly they are talking with the owner and checking into it....I have hundreds of wicks that are useless to me at the moment!

And I am shocked- I don't order much from them but have always had top notch service - I am baffled

What do you mean they changed wicks? How can wicks change? That is strange.

The CD's I have always ordered from them in the past and I don't make tons of candles so its not by huge numbers I am talking but they have always had the the taller neck on them- 6mm I believe with a 20mm base- they were always sturdy and extinguished at a safe level in the candle

Well I ordered more 10- 12- 14 and 16's awhile ago because I was getting low and couldn't figure out why they were so floppy and "thin" feeling- the neck on these is more like 3/8 so along with burning way further down in the jar and causing a lot of heat they are not as "rigid" I think the word is I am looking for because they are hardly crimped on this small of a neck height

So I was surprised to get this difference when it doesn't state on their web a choice or a change and it has always been the taller necks on all my previous orders

I am still waiting for another call back about this but in the meantime I am switching to either lonestar or BCN because they DO list the dimensions and have the taller neck....if that all makes sense- LOL!

MS try CWs CDs. I bought LSs sampler pack of wicks. Once I started buying from CW, CS I realized the difference in quality!

The CD's I have always ordered from them in the past and I don't make tons of candles so its not by huge numbers I am talking but they have always had the the taller neck on them- 6mm I believe with a 20mm base- they were always sturdy and extinguished at a safe level in the candle

Well I ordered more 10- 12- 14 and 16's awhile ago because I was getting low and couldn't figure out why they were so floppy and "thin" feeling- the neck on these is more like 3/8 so along with burning way further down in the jar and causing a lot of heat they are not as "rigid" I think the word is I am looking for because they are hardly crimped on this small of a neck height

So I was surprised to get this difference when it doesn't state on their web a choice or a change and it has always been the taller necks on all my previous orders

I am still waiting for another call back about this but in the meantime I am switching to either lonestar or BCN because they DO list the dimensions and have the taller neck....if that all makes sense- LOL!

Wick tabs of 6mm is becoming (or is) the industry standard now rather than the 3.8mm which was standard at one time. Also, many companies are now priming their wicks with prime that is 200 degrees to keep the wick stable during a burn.

After a mishap with my DIL, I won't use any wicks with prime under 200 degrees or use wick tabs under 6mm. She was able to get the MP hot/deep enough with power burning to cause the wick to tip over with lower MP prime and also was able to burn the candle down to the very bottom. With the 6mm tabs she cannot do that anymore. I always torture burn my candles before they go to testers and never had it happen here. But she did and when the wick tipped, it kept burning in the jar.

HTH and GL

Wick tabs of 6mm is becoming (or is) the industry standard now rather than the 3.8mm which was standard at one time. Also, many companies are now priming their wicks with prime that is 200 degrees to keep the wick stable during a burn.

After a mishap with my DIL, I won't use any wicks with prime under 200 degrees or use wick tabs under 6mm. She was able to get the MP hot/deep enough with power burning to cause the wick to tip over with lower MP prime and also was able to burn the candle down to the very bottom. With the 6mm tabs she cannot do that anymore. I always torture burn my candles before they go to testers and never had it happen here. But she did and when the wick tipped, it kept burning in the jar.

HTH and GL

And that is exactly what I am afraid of- I made a batch with these wicks and it's not going to work out! LOL

I wonder if NG is buying supplies elsewhere or were given a good price on these- either way when your used to getting a certain product and are not informed it changed and can't get a call back is unacceptable

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...