Which is the best font I should use?

Trappeur

I have to make some new labels for the very small 5oz jars I use so I'm modifying the label a bit.  Which Font do you like the best for my name, Trappeur's Lodge?

Either 1,2,3, or 4?  That is all I have to do is pickout the font I want and I'm ordering them.

I'm liking #1.

The reason why the birch tree doesn't go to the top of the label is because I had to reduce all the artwork smaller because once I get the labels I have to cut them down even further on all 4 sides.  When I cut them down, the birch tree will run to the top of the label.  I don't print my labels so that is the way I have to do it.

Trappeur

#159bc3bf0bb774_SmallTrappeursLodgeLabelfor5oz4.thumb.jpg.de7c8300e29622dfee5bc555f5151dad.jpg

59bc3c2f88d90_TrappeursLodgeSmallLabelfor5ozjar1.thumb.jpg.7b087615c50ed9d36c0a65627c5b65c6.jpg

59bc3c61155a5_SmallTrappeursLodgeLabelfor5oz3.thumb.jpg.65a1f1662afc99b8f0a3ee9840f37272.jpg

59bc3c850521f_SmallTrappeursLodgeLabelfor5oz2.thumb.jpg.70a1c29f284866fc392a17bcb351b998.jpg

• Like 1

I agree that #1 looks the best for the feel of the label.
What is the name of that font?  It's very nice, really.

Although #2 is pretty, it's much more formal. #3 imo would be better with a more fanciful design and I think #4 would be better on a more plain label.  If #1 wasn't available (I know that doesn't happen, just saying it this way), I'd then go with #4, but take out some of the decoration, the tree trunk/branch perhaps.

Those are my feelings about them anyway!  They all look good in themselves, but I think #1 is the best match for your label design.

Edited by birdcharm
Edit to add ... pretty label !!

You know when I was searching artwork for this label a couple years ago I happened on this design and just loved it as I wanted something natural, with pine trees and pine cones and I have always loved birch but never thought about it till I found the design and it had everything that I was looking for.   I thought about that too, the heart, I wasn't sure....but there is no way that I could remove it off the tree as it is part of the design.  So I left it and no one has ever said anything about it and I've had this label for a couple of years now.  So it is what it is....No problem asking....though.  I know where your coming from.

Actually I did some labels and put my initials and my husbands initials in the heart last year and put on the candles.  Being that my husband died a couple years ago and we had built a store business together I wanted something special to me that only I would know what the initials stood for.  For some reason I must have deleted the initials off the label as an accident  while back and didn't even notice it till you brought up the heart.  But that is ok.

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur

@Trappeur... that's an interesting & touching story about your label ... thanks for both explaining and understanding what I was thinking.  Now that I understand, I can see how that is special to you.

You've most likely seen these kraft heart-shaped hang tags, they're kind of cute if you need a hang tag for some reason, they might go with that theme.

I'm happy to see #1 won!  :)

18 hours ago, Trappeur said:

You know when I was searching artwork for this label a couple years ago I happened on this design and just loved it as I wanted something natural, with pine trees and pine cones and I have always loved birch but never thought about it till I found the design and it had everything that I was looking for.   I thought about that too, the heart, I wasn't sure....but there is no way that I could remove it off the tree as it is part of the design.  So I left it and no one has ever said anything about it and I've had this label for a couple of years now.  So it is what it is....No problem asking....though.  I know where your coming from.

Actually I did some labels and put my initials and my husbands initials in the heart last year and put on the candles.  Being that my husband died a couple years ago and we had built a store business together I wanted something special to me that only I would know what the initials stood for.  For some reason I must have deleted the initials off the label as an accident  while back and didn't even notice it till you brought up the heart.  But that is ok.

Trappeur

Trap, if these were my labels and I was your husband I would want those initials back on there. Its the little things like those that make your products yours and add that personal touch to it. Im sure your husband would love to see them stay that way as well. So I say go ahead and add them back in! ❤

Gone...but not forgotten. This way every label you see or put on a jar, you can smile a bit knowing he would approve :)

Edited by Clear Black
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Clear Black said:

Trap, if these were my labels and I was your husband I would want those initials back on there. Its the little things like those that make your products yours and add that personal touch to it. Im sure your husband would love to see them stay that way as well. So I say go ahead and add them back in! ❤

Gone...but not forgotten. This way every label you see or put on a jar, you can smile a bit knowing he would approve :)

Oh my gosh Clear Black...how so meaningful what you just said to me....I so appreciate that and I will tonight or tomorrow go back and put my initials and my husbands.  (S&S) are the initials which stand for me Suzanne and Scott.....Wow, what chills I have just thinking about this again..I had a plaque made where I have on my little 5 acreage piece of property where my horses are that at a time awhile back we were going to build a little cabin and this plaque says exactly what you just said....."Gone...but not forgotten"...:(

Thankyou Clear Black.

And no problem what so ever Birdcharm about asking about the heart.   No one knew but me.....why I kept.  Thankyou too for such kind words.

Trappeur

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Oh my gosh Clear Black...how so meaningful what you just said to me....I so appreciate that and I will tonight or tomorrow go back and put my initials and my husbands.  (S&S) are the initials which stand for me Suzanne and Scott.....Wow, what chills I have just thinking about this again..I had a plaque made where I have on my little 5 acreage piece of property where my horses are that at a time awhile back we were going to build a little cabin and this plaque says exactly what you just said....."Gone...but not forgotten"...:(

Thankyou Clear Black.

And no problem what so ever Birdcharm about asking about the heart.   No one knew but me.....why I kept.  Thankyou too for such kind words.

Trappeur

Maybe someday you can still build that cabin. You never know!