selling candle tarts on line-what makes you want to buy them?

country bee

A description that makes your mouth water. If you go to a new restaurant I'd bet you're going to select something that sounds tasty. Chances are that delicious sandwich on the menu has a better description than: meat and bread $9.99 :P

yeah,always trying to improve my pics and I do need to list more fragrances,I think that maybe a down fall for me.I sell at the farmers market and my on line gets no attention this time of the year.I just closed down the booth at the farmers market and plan on really working on site now.Thanks for your info!

First, great photos. I won't read a listing unless the photo strikes me. Doesn't need to be fancy or staged, just clear and some how interesting enough to look further.

After you get my attention, very well written copy that evokes a memory or sensation.

Then packaging. I may be buying for someone i thought about as i read the copy. I want it to look nice as i give the gift.

Names fit into that equation too.something charming or witty will get my attention.

Where online, on your own website or on Etsy? If it is on sites like Etsy with plenty of competition you got to catch the customer's

eye first to make them want to look at your tarts. So it is a great picture and pretty packaging. Of course the quality will keep the customers coming back but you got to get them into the front door first.

This woman sells a lot of tart melts http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheBathingGarden/sold?ref=shopinfo_sales_leftnav There pretty and catchy.

I'm must be the dummie of the year because I can't figure out how to use Etsy at all. I went to The Bathing Garden link and all I could see was "sold" by each item and no way to see prices. When I go back to the homepage all I get is a search bar where entering wax, wax tarts, wax melts brings up nothing. Is there a trick to this?? Her clams are beautiful with the sprinkles and sparkles and little add ons like the rose. I'd like to know what they sell for, but how do you get there? Can anyone explain this to me? I went through their tutorial but it didn't help :(

thanks,

Jackie

Do you know if they are soy or paraffin? I spent some time looking at glitter and little cute things and it's not cheap by any means. I suppose not much is used, just a dusting. To put glitter on, would you have to wait for the wax in the clamshell to set up a bit or would it be put on right after pouring. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

Yea she has a group page on Facebook that you need to join and then you email her the order when she announces a restock. That's how I just got my order :) a few days ago. Her tarts are very strong right off the bat, however I had Graveyard Pumpkin in my hot plate melter and it literally only lasted one day. It was 2 cubes. Filled the whole house for about 2 hours and then slowly faded to nothing. That to me isn't nearly long enough.

Do you know if they are soy or paraffin? I spent some time looking at glitter and little cute things and it's not cheap by any means. I suppose not much is used, just a dusting. To put glitter on, would you have to wait for the wax in the clamshell to set up a bit or would it be put on right after pouring. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

I think they are a soy/paraffin blend. I do not know if she waits to decorate them, they look really pretty.

Yea she has a group page on Facebook that you need to join and then you email her the order when she announces a restock. That's how I just got my order :) a few days ago. Her tarts are very strong right off the bat, however I had Graveyard Pumpkin in my hot plate melter and it literally only lasted one day. It was 2 cubes. Filled the whole house for about 2 hours and then slowly faded to nothing. That to me isn't nearly long enough.

I love her lemon curd and rose and blackberry and lemon one, really lovely scents. I think lots of people here make tarts just as lovely.

I think they are a soy/paraffin blend. I do not know if she waits to decorate them, they look really pretty.

I always wait until they are just set up enough that the wax won't melt the sprinkles or they won't sink. Like when the wax is pliable.

I would love to know where she gets those mini mini metallic dragees from. I dont think they are edible