Ok folks, I JUST have to ask.....What's in YOUR pot this weekend? 10-12-12

I will be making tarts, votives, pillars, tealights, jars, jars and jars!! :yay: I just got in from Candle Science Pumpkin Souffle, Pumpkie Pie ( MAJOR YUMM!!) :thumbsup: , MacIntosh Apple (Several folks here had said that this was the best...WOW!! They are definitely right!! Thanks everyone!!)Buttered Rum (Yummm!!!) Raspberry Sangria!!! People are going to love this one!!! Harvest, Candy Corn, Midnight Vineyard (blend) , Spiced Orange...hopefully some peppermint, Caramel Cinnamon Latte, Vanilla Hazelnut Coffee (ICS), Hot Chocolate ( RE) and Sugared Spruce w/Cinnamon blended in (Someone here had posted this blend...thank you!!) Oh, this is going to be a fun weekend!! What about all of the rest of you good folks? What all kind of goodies are you all making?:drool:

There's nothing in my pot this weekend!! Our church's Fall Fellowship and hay ride is tomorrow, and I have been so busy with that, I have only poured 4 candles all week!! But first thing Monday morning, we are moving my "workshop" from the kitchen to our bedroom, and I am going to start busting out some candles and tarts for the craft show!!:yay: Toasted Marshmallow:drool:, Sugar Cookie:drool:, Pumpkin Crunch Cake:drool:, Apple Dumplings:drool:, and a few others!!!

Guest OldGlory

Aside from my 40+ hr a week job, I've poured, labelled, packed 180 candles, and will pour, label, and pack another 200+ on my next 2 days off next week. I will be pouring 2 sizes of glass jar candles next week, using 6006, in Blackberry Sage, Citrus & Sage, Vanilla Bean, Apple Jack, Fresh Linen, and my own blend of a christmas tree scent. All FO's from Aztec. I am grateful that 6006 is poured hot instead of waiting for 464 to cool,then reheating to get smooth tops (was this week's job).

It's true, I have no life, lol.

I have just gotten a bunch of FO orders in this week so I am having a hard time deciding where to start!

Perhaps against my better judgement, I am doing a "demo" tomorrow with a couple of wayward young ladies who want to learn to make melts.

Megandgarr has such great blends and I have been a VERY simple/careful/cautious blender and since she was so kind to share her blend recipes, I want to try my hand at following some of hers!

Community Candle Mulled Cider will be a for sure and some others I have chosen are Community Candle Cranberry Spice and Fall Harvest and thanks to a couple of other ladies here, I learned of Angel's Candle & Soap and am very eager to try Christmas Blessings and perhaps Butterscotch Brulee and/or Pomegranate Cider.

WOW!!!! Everyone on this board is busier than a cat on a hot tin roof!!! :yes:The busy season is definitely upon us!!! Wishing everyone a successful and busy weekend/week that culminates in us all making lots of money!!! :highfive:

I will hopefully be doing:

Winter wonderland

Rocky mountain xmas

Mistletoe

Peppermint

Pumpkin something- not sure what

Cranberry spice

Xmas splendor

Hansel and Gretel

Pine cones

Amaretto nog

And I found samples In my hundreds of country Xmas AND Xmas cabin to try!

I switched wax since last Xmas so time to re-test the holidays- a little late but it's all good!

I FINALLY got around to pouring tonight! It's been a long wait! My poor baby boy (10 months old) got pneumonia and was hospitalized last weekend for a couple days. :(. So now he's on the mend and I can take a breath and do something fun! Phew!

I am trying out some clamshells and some of the new leaf mold that I just got! It's so cute! I whipped up Amish harvest (oh my goodness, does that ever smell fabulous!) apple pumpkin souffle and zucchini bread. Theyre all amazing! Amish harvest has my house smelling just divine though! I can't wait to test them out!

Wow Old Glory,

That's amazing. I feel lazy next to you. Know you're not alone on having no life though, LOL

A little tip try pouring 464 hot, you'll get less frost, better glass adhesion, and much smoother tops. You can pour around 175 or hotter, I do it all the time. The sacrifice you make on this is you may need a second pour, but a much better looking candle. It depends on your container.

Aside from my 40+ hr a week job, I've poured, labelled, packed 180 candles, and will pour, label, and pack another 200+ on my next 2 days off next week. I will be pouring 2 sizes of glass jar candles next week, using 6006, in Blackberry Sage, Citrus & Sage, Vanilla Bean, Apple Jack, Fresh Linen, and my own blend of a christmas tree scent. All FO's from Aztec. I am grateful that 6006 is poured hot instead of waiting for 464 to cool,then reheating to get smooth tops (was this week's job).

It's true, I have no life, lol.

Edited by Jeana

I FINALLY got around to pouring tonight! It's been a long wait! My poor baby boy (10 months old) got pneumonia and was hospitalized last weekend for a couple days. :(. So now he's on the mend and I can take a breath and do something fun! Phew!

I am trying out some clamshells and some of the new leaf mold that I just got! It's so cute! I whipped up Amish harvest (oh my goodness, does that ever smell fabulous!) apple pumpkin souffle and zucchini bread. Theyre all amazing! Amish harvest has my house smelling just divine though! I can't wait to test them out!

Oh goodness QTSMUM, I am so happy to hear that your baby is getting better!!! Our babies really make us worry at times!!! Yes! Amish Quilt is wonderful!! This is such a fun time of the year for us chandlers!!:smiley2:

Edited by puma52

Planting Garlic. And no that is not the name of a fragrance oil!! :laugh2:

Working in the garden while the weather holds and getting that garlic in the ground!

No candles for me. But I do have Amish Harvest going in the tart warmer thing. I wish someone would get the smell of my wild cherry tree leaves. They are dry and crispy and when you rake them the SMELL that surrounds you is divine!! It's dry leaves, outside and sweet cherry fruit with some wood too. MMMmmmmmmm.

Guest OldGlory

Jeana, I'll try pouring hotter again. Seems when I go hotter than 135-140 I get a rough top. But what the heck, I'll try it again. Thanks for the suggestion.

Pouring this weekend...

Pumpkin Log, Hillbilly Homebrew, Cranberry Woods, Roasted Hazelnut in candles and waxed melties.

Dipping a few toilet papers in Pine and spiced cranberry FO's.

Bears, bears and more bears... 30 in the works for this weekend and into next week.

Got my first BW order in yesterday afternoon after I had poured all I "planned" (yeah, right) to pour this weekend.

OOB I like all I chose so I would enjoy getting some in wax to see what I really think. They all are apples, gingerbreads and pumpkins.

So now I am contemplating firing everything back up again this afternoon (had it all cleaned and nicely ready to put away) and pouring some to continue my wax testing.