Crazy names of Scents...

leisa2003

I'm getting some good giggles thinking bout these names and it really reminds me about the old days(30 years ago)

when I served drinks for a couple years in a bar. I'm thinking of all the cocktails and shooters with similar names that

folks seem to enjoy like sex on the beach, blowjob, monkey brains and slippery nipples are but a few that I recall, but

I know there are dozens. Perhaps a drunken crowd would go crazy for some monkey farts soap to wash away the boozies.

I have a monkey farts soap, so far I've only seen smiles on faces when someone picks it up.

I'm getting some good giggles thinking bout these names and it really reminds me about the old days(30 years ago)

when I served drinks for a couple years in a bar. I'm thinking of all the cocktails and shooters with similar names that

folks seem to enjoy like sex on the beach, blowjob, monkey brains and slippery nipples are but a few that I recall, but

I know there are dozens. Perhaps a drunken crowd would go crazy for some monkey farts soap to wash away the boozies.

I have a monkey farts soap, so far I've only seen smiles on faces when someone picks it up.

Oh, please, don't give them anymore ideas! :laugh2:

LOL Just a little Christian "inside humor" ya'll, please don't take it seriously! I'm joking about the stereotype that Baptists, who believe in Eternal Security, might whoop it up more, whilst most Pentecostals, who believe they must maintain their salvation through holy living, might be more puritanical, at least superficially. I'm not slamming either side, I'm a product of both, love them both, if anything I'm "Bapticostal" - Eternal Security, plus Baptism in the Holy Ghost, like Joseph Prince and Andrew Womack, but don't agree 100% with anybody...see ya in Heaven, just keep your smutty candle names away from my virgin ears! :laugh2::laugh2:

I was only teasing too. I was raised penticostal, and married a Baptist preacher, who is the son of a Baptist preacher, and my oldest 2 sons.... you guessed it! Baptist Preachers!! We go through chicken like nobodies business!! But my DH says all the time, we don't claim denomination, only the blood. I can just imagine my pastors wife, or anyone for that matter, saying "Can I get one of those Lick Me All Over candles" well Id probably fall in a crack and die!! "

I was only teasing too. I was raised penticostal, and married a Baptist preacher, who is the son of a Baptist preacher, and my oldest 2 sons.... you guessed it! Baptist Preachers!! We go through chicken like nobodies business!! But my DH says all the time, we don't claim denomination, only the blood. I can just imagine my pastors wife, or anyone for that matter, saying "Can I get one of those Lick Me All Over candles" well Id probably fall in a crack and die!! "

LOL I just thought of a churchy name for "Lick Me All Over"...wait for it...wait for it..."Bathsheba"

Edited by HorsescentS

haha. I totally cracked up at And he knew his wife on the beach... or he lay with his wife on the beach. Lol.

I totally understood that you were only joking around. I am a strong Christian who is mostly baptist in my beliefs but I usually just say I am a Christian. We make fun of ourselves all the time. Especially about food, there's always food! I don't see Baptists as people who whoop it up because we believe in once (truly) saved always saved. Baptists are usually pretty conservative non-drinkers, non-dancers. But not always. I don't drink but most of my friends do. Anyway, sorry this thread got changed to a semi-church discussion. :)

I do not sell, but one of my tarts has a cute name, kinda as a joke between my friends and I..

Sparrow's Missing Rum - CS montego bay.. spice, rum and salty sea air.

I'd use monkey farts, lick me all over or something like that in a heartbeat!

The names such as Monkey Farts, Lick Me All Over, Duck Farts, etc... are they more of a turn-off for customers or do most people just giggle and think they are cute?

I just had a lady on my FB page commented that she would never buy such names. What do you all think?

Poor her, but then again I have a partner who was way skeptical about the same thing till he saw people enjoying the names lol.

And that's the truth. I've given the same scent made at the same time with the same formula different names and different labels. People will like one but not care for the other.

Okay, well, if the racy names sell THAT much better, I shall have to rename "Macintosh Apple" to "Forbidden Fruit."

Yes, I would love to hear their scent review of "Forbidden Fruit"!

Or what about using even the most basic of scents like: orange or patchouli, frankincense and myrrh, pine or cinnamon. Scents everyone has...but named provocatively?

It would be really interesting to delve into the psyche of scent names and the perceptions they create. If I were still in college this would have made an intriguing research paper.

Edited by rctfavr3

Or what about using even the most basic of scents like: orange or patchouli, frankincense and myrrh, pine or cinnamon. Scents everyone has...but named provocatively?

It would be really interesting to delve into the psyche of scent names and the perceptions they create. If I were still in college this would have made an intriguing research paper.

That would be really interesting! I'm thinking of renaming "Salty Mariner" to "Captain Save-A-Ho."

This would be a fun challenge for the upcoming Christmas season. Change a standard Christmas scent to "Frigid B!tch" or something of that nature; And see which sells better. I'm thinking a blend of witches brew and peppermint! :wink2: For a control, I'll also sell it as Snow Queen.

Edited by rctfavr3

This would be a fun challenge for the upcoming Christmas season. Change a standard Christmas scent to "Frigid B!tch" or something of that nature; And see which sells better. I'm thinking a blend of witches brew and peppermint! :wink2: For a control, I'll also sell it as Snow Queen.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: Oh, I so hope and pray you will do this, and report back to us! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

• 5 months later...