New Green Men Candles

TallTayl

I haven't shared anything for a while. This summer has been filled with beeswax candles for a 9 week Renaissance Faire. Here are a few of today's "Green Men" candles made of beeswax.

I love swirling colors and am always a little surprised at how they turn out.

IIRC from left to right are Merlins' Forest, something I can't remember, Lemon Verbena, Red Maple Leaf and Rose Wood. All but Lemon Verbena are custom blends. (Don't mind the upside down pillars in the background waiting for leveling. It's a make day...)

post-12349-139458501549_thumb.jpg

This one is scented with Red Maple Leaf. In my mind's eye maple leaves are red, yellow and green with touches of orange and brown.

post-12349-13945850156_thumb.jpg

These are from a few weeks ago. The brown and green are Merlin's Forest. The blue and white is Sweet Pea IIRC.

post-12349-139458501564_thumb.jpg

I'll be sad to see them off to their new homes this weekend.

post-12349-139458501557_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

@saftysue - carefully and with a lot of luck! I let the wax get almost to the melt point then pour close to the mold to minimize the amount that the wax blends. The wax always wants to set up as I pour multi colors, so I have to be quick and have a hot plate and heat gun at the ready for the last passes.

I confess that the multi color one was not offered for sale. I did show him to everyone that seemed interested in the green men and could have sold him 10 times over. But, for now at least, he's mine... all mine.

Give me a sec to pick my jar up off the floor........ Do you sell these on a web site? I know someone who might would buy some.

Thanks for the kind words. I've updated my siggie with my main locations.

I'm making blue and white now in preparation for the upcoming long weekend. It's closing weekend at Bristol Renaissance Faire, so I'm hoping to send a bunch more off to new homes.

• 2 weeks later...
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! do you have a website? I love The Green Man ......

Thank you tlc :)

Sent a PM. I recently pulled my site and blog info because of all the spam. I was getting strange hits on my site... Possibly unrelated, but wanted to make sure before re-adding it to my siggie.