Huh?

Wow... Couple of things weird here. Why would she make incense out of candle wax in the first place? And why the hell would anyone dump water into a pan of overly hot wax anyway? That's like adding water to a grease fire. She's damn lucky she's alive.

I remember when my son and his friends gathered around our fire ring and were burned some old candle stubbs, then they would pour water from the hose onto the fire and the fire would, I'm not kidding, go about 8 feet high!! They laughed about it and called it "Roman Fire". Who knows, they made bottle bombs too with toilet cleaner. Although the bottle bomb inside a snowman was kind of fun to watch from far away. :wink2:

.......ah growing up in the country...........

However, it just shows how "candle making" at home gets a bad rap with home owner's insurance companies, they only see stories like these with complete idiots doing things they shouldn't instead of people following safe procedures.

Come ON, a hole in her ceiling!!!???? Geeezzzzzzz.

*shudder*

Yeah water on a wax fire not a smart choice, but you learn that once. Will say tossing baking soda on it doesn't exactly keep a flame from shooting up either. Hard way for her to learn and lord knows what the hell incense she was making.

My best guess is she meant wax melts as scented things, perhaps in an incense scent? The wax was recycled from various candles, so it kinda makes sense.

I've watched some pretty scary vids featuring out of control wax fires. Time to check my extinguishers again!