Scentsy Out

redraider

I am so excited. Every November there is a huge holiday themed trade show that attracts about 15000 people over a 3 day period. I signed up for it last year and took mostly candles but threw in some scented wax melts and warmers. I sold out of the warmers after the first day and sold 5 times as many wax melts as I did candles. Scentsy was there at the same show as well and I assume they did very well. Saw alot of their warmers in those clear plastic bags walking around. This show helped get my name out and pick up some customers. I decided to go ahead and do it this year just to make sure everyone knew we are here to stay. The booth cost is not cheap for sure. Any way I received an email this morning from the Junior League chairperson from the show and here is the exact wording.

"We want to let you know well in advance that we are not allowing any items provided by a tier marketing or Multi level marketing company. Theses companies include, but are not limited to:

Scentsy

Mary Kay

Avon

Watkins

It Works Wraps

Stella & Dot

Velata Fondue

Vault Denim

JamBerry Nails

Love Your Du"

Now I really need to rethink my plans for how much to stock in warmers and have much inventory to stockpile of tarts.:yay:

Edited by redraider

Good for you! Craft shows should just be handmade items. I don't know why it is so complicated. Crafts are crafts.

All of my shows except one won't let you show anything that's not handmade. So the tart melters I bought I now can't sell because of that rule. Kinda sucks but I get it.

Congrats on having no Sc**tsy at you show!!! :-)

If you don't like what shows are doing as far as letting in commercial vendors, let them know and be firm about it. Back when I was doing shows, I not only asked ahead of time, but if Home Interiors and other slipped in, I didn't just sit there and take it. The word 'craft' in Craft Show isn't that hard to understand.

Thanks Everyone. The is not even a craft show. It is the Annual event held by the Junior League each year in November that kind of officially kicks off the Christmas shopping season. There are probably 500 vendors there with everything from clothing, furniture, jewerly, cookware, wrapping paper, packaged food items, home made fudge and divinity, kitchen items, did I mention clothing, jewelry(lots of those). That is why I was actually suprised they aren't letting the S company in. They have had a booth there for the last couple years. I kind of think there might be too many ladies in Junior League that sell Scentsy and being that they are too busy running the event they aren't letting anyone else do it. Oh well, works great for us. I think I will contact the chairman and see if the booth space they has been previously assigned to the other company is available.

All of my shows except one won't let you show anything that's not handmade. So the tart melters I bought I now can't sell because of that rule. Kinda sucks but I get it.

Congrats on having no Sc**tsy at you show!!! :-)

same w/ me and my tart melters...I display one with a tart in it to show how the tarts work :) and if anyone asks i say I can't sell it here then give then my business card