Best place to get cups for measuring out FO's?

I do not make scent cups so I do not need lids.

I just found some "medicine" cups on ebay that are super cheap and in my area. Wonder if those would work? Thinking of asking them for a pick up to save shipping.

Today I got all my oils measured out and them stacked up the cups after using. At clean up I picked up the cups (I had an unused stack of them from carry out sushi!) and the bottoms had "melted" out! I need not measure out and pour so soon, I suppose.

I was also considering glass shot glasses.

Do you have a source that you'd suggest?

Thanks!

Oh ye of fancy candle making and experience!

Since I just make for myself, I use a stainless Calphalon saucepan with a double boiler. It is easy if I need just 1 ounce or 2 ounces of oil. I just dump in the bottle.

I have a scale. I pour out the amount of FO I need from a larger bottle into a cup that is sitting on the scale. Did I mention that I am not coordinated? I have a hard enough time getting the oil in a little cup in the right amount! I suppose that I could trust myself to weigh the hot wax in the pour pan. I can picture me dumping half a bottle in...haha!

Well, if you have to :wink2: you can get a small glass measuring cup at Walmarts - they are about the size of a shot glass except have markings for ounces & tablespoons I think - can't get to mine at the moment. Anyway, they work well when you have to use something in between - I use mine to measure FO when I'm making car air fresheners. Just wipe it out really good and you're ready to go again! :yay:

The wax lined 5 oz Dixie cups are what I use for measuring out fo & a scale. 100 in a box for around 2.5-3 bucks. Your fo won't eat thru the cup if it sits for a bit while you're melting your wax.

Edited by marcuset

The wax lined 5 oz Dixie cups are what I use for measuring out fo & a scale. 100 in a box for around 2.5-3 bucks. Your fo won't eat thru the cup if it sits for a bit while you're melting your wax.

Same here.....plain old dixie cups! Not plastic anything as some FO's will eat right through the plastic.

I like that idea. Less paper towel use. Just picked up some generic baby wipes that I've read some like to use a lot for their Prestos. They work good but I have to use a lot of them. Maybe I should look for a larger size.

Well, look what I found!

I worked through lunch but needed a break. I remembered that there is a kitchen store across the street (well, fancy shops/hotels/restaurants semi-attached to our corporation). I took a quick stroll over and was going to get a small little juice glass and then I saw this little guy.

It is still very small (just 3.25" tall) but I can measure 4 ounces at a time. Certainly will still weigh it on my scale. Because it is glass I can hopefully rinse, soap or wipe it out between use. It is the little things (literally) that can make me smile.

post-14519-139458500657_thumb.jpg

Yep, that's like what I was talking about - works great - easy clean.

Thanks!

Online all I was finding were 1 ounce shot glasses. I never usually am adding more than 2 ounces of FO at a time since I do not have a business but since we have covered that I am clumsy, this size will be easier for me to pour into and offer me plenty of room.

Thanks again!

Well, look what I found!

I worked through lunch but needed a break. I remembered that there is a kitchen store across the street (well, fancy shops/hotels/restaurants semi-attached to our corporation). I took a quick stroll over and was going to get a small little juice glass and then I saw this little guy.

It is still very small (just 3.25" tall) but I can measure 4 ounces at a time. Certainly will still weigh it on my scale. Because it is glass I can hopefully rinse, soap or wipe it out between use. It is the little things (literally) that can make me smile.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24541[/ATTACH]

EXACTLY what I use....I have 4 of them and I also have several of the 1 ounce ones. Love them...just wipe w/paper towel and ready to use for next batch. :smiley2:

Edited by puma52

I was using the plastic medicine cups, but some of the fo's were eating away the plastic. I use dixie cups now too, but will look for the wax lined, as I sometimes will see the fo get absorbed into the cup, so not sure how much if any I'm losing.

I place my pouring pot on scale and add FO that way. Why do you all pour into cups???

That is a good idea except for me.... I always have to "pipette some out" heavy hand I guess

But it would eliminate a step and a wipe out of one more thing!