Plastic Storage Containers

ladysj

I just bought some Sterilite containers to put my soaps in. My question is will they dry as quickly & thoroughly in these with a lid on them as they would in the open air? Probably a dumb question but then maybe not. I had some in a plastic drawer & they seem still kind of tacky to the touch. Hope I'm making sense.

You still can stack them. Find some thick paint sticks (you can get them at walmart or any hardware or paint shop) they are the ones for the 5 gallon buckets. Lay them over the top of the first container (I'm not sure how large your containers are, so you may have to find boards instead) and then stack the next one on top. Depends on how heavy you load them too. But it will work to get air to the ones on bottom. Just don't lay your lats right next to each other. Use them like slats on a bunk bed.

I air dry my soap for at least a month and then store in plastic boxes with the lid on and use a paper towel for liners and this has not affected the soap in any negative way (so far). I label the outside of the boxes for easy retrieval and stack them in the shop. I can't remember if its the triangle with the 5 or the 3 in it that is supposed to be safe for storing scented products. Somebody help me on that one. HTH

Steve

What kind of boxes did you try Steve? I've tried the ziplock containers and regular plastic shoe box kind and they both absorb scent and turn into a saunas inside them. Now I found a bunch of bars a couple weeks ago in a box in open plastic bags and they were fine no DOS or scent loss and they were over 4 years old. We have lots of humidity too and those soaps have a high % of soy and canola.

i also use the shoebox size plastic containers.

I don't put my soap in them until they are cured..

I use my Candle lighter to melt small holes all around the box..

2 holes on the narrow end..3 or 4 on the long side..

it works great for me..I have never had a problem with sweat or dos..ect.

I bought some cardboard baseball card storage boxes. Soap fits perfectly, they breathe and have lids. You can get them in single trays, up to four column trays. I bought the singles and the card box house. It has four rows across, three rows down to hold 12 different scents. You just slide the single trays with lids into the compartments. I label the front of the box with the recipe name, scent name and date "born".

Edited by ah-soy