Lets Talk Stick Blenders!!! looking to replace mine

tlc26

Ok, so, I have used a Braun (all plastic except for the blade) for oh, probably 6+ years. I love love love it. But it is getting beat up. The seam of the blender is coming apart and it gets really hot when I tear it up doing big batches of scrubs that take several hours of almost constant blending. It doesn't spit my mix out of the bowl... just love it, but it is about done...

So I have used a kitchenaid 9-speed before but I don't know which it was. The KHB100, KHB200, or the KHB300. I was hoping that someone may know the differences between them. I have been looking and looking but now that kitchenaid has stopped making those models and switched over to a new style that I don't like, I am hard pressed to find the info I need on the old ones. I am considering purchasing the old style on ebay but I am not sure which one to go for... Any help?

I bought the new 2 speed Kitchenaid sold at Target and didn't like the grip for the handle. It is to small. I realize these are made for women with normal sized hands but I have really long fingers and a larger grip and prefer the older models. I took it back. All the new models have that same smaller area for the grip. Plus, it seemed to really "scratch" against the sides of my bowls.

I bought an Oster on Black Friday sale for $16 at Target and just used it this weekend and I like the grip better but it really flings my oils out of the bowl!!! I had oils on the ceiling fan, me, the counter, pouring pitchers, the floor, even over the counter into the living room.... So I don't like that one either.

I was looking for some opinions on other blenders too. What do you use? What did you pay? Any info on the old Kitchenaids? Any ebay sellers you would buy from?(I am ebay ignorant) :confused:

Or, anyone have a few year old 9-speed Kitchenaid you would want to sell me?

the white one is what my Braun looks like, only one solid piece.

The red is the newer Kitchenaid and I just can't grip it and press the button at the same time

the black is the older style that I want

post-271-139458495071_thumb.jpg

post-271-139458495073_thumb.jpg

post-271-139458495074_thumb.jpg

Edited by tlc26

I like the Hamilton Beach Type HB08 so far. Bought at Walmart for $29. My hand is 8" with long fingers & large grip. The SB feels very comfortable to use. No flinging unless I accidently pull out of mix. I haven't used any others so can't compare. HTHs!

I second the Hamilton Beach. Its a 225 watt motor and this sucker is powerful. It has bothe the wand and whisk tools so you can switch it up. Stainless steel and diswasher safe. Got mine at Walmart too for the same price. I am loving this!!

oh gawd, I don't want to hear that! I love my old Kitchenaid. Maybe the Cuisinart SmartStick is close?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005GZ1WLU/ref=asc_df_B005GZ1WLU1928564?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B005GZ1WLU

Saw this one as well. Looks like a one piece, but it's got that new style top as well, unfortunately.

http://www.everythingkitchens.com/toastmaster_immersion_blender_1740.html

Edited by ProudMarineMom

I love Rival. I have an older one, I just checked to see if it has a model # etc. on it and it doesn't. I found them at Goodwill and tag sales for a couple of dollars. The one I am using now I paid $3.00 for and gave used it for 3 years. The last one lasted me for 4 years.I have 2 more in stock that I have paid less than $4.00 for. I also have an old kitchenaid mixer that does a great job on scrubs when I want to pull it out. It doesn't splatter at all and is heavier than a SB for bigger batches. I just found a picture of the sb on amazon mine is an older model but very much like this http://www.amazon.com/Rival-Ultrablend-2-Speed-Handheld-Immersion/dp/B00006IUYG/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I believe the model of kitchenaid on the picture is KBH100, black would be KBH100OB (Onyx black), red- KBH100ER (empire red). I have two of those, just checked my amazon receipt

i don't know what 200 model would be, but KHB300 is the same thing but it comes with extra attachments (like a chopper cup, whisk, etc), and was sold for a double price.

Edited by NNK

You don't have to use a sb but I just don't have the patience to stand and stir. It only takes a couple of bumps with the sb and you're there and then you can play with swirls and other stuff. If its a really soft recipe you have to stand forever and ever stirring and you start thinking of other stuff you need to do and how you wish your're partner would come down to the lab and take over, lol. My dw doesn't even darken the door, so I know that won't happen, lol.

• 3 weeks later...

NNK- thanks so much for clearing that up for me.... yay! No I can go get one on ebay! Oh and I think I remember you from way back in the day... didn't you post pictures of soaps like the ones in your profile pic (or maybe those are the soaps you posted) Anyway I remember how much I loved loved the color and to this day those are some of my favorite soaps ever seen!

Chandlerwicks, Candybee, and Chuck_35550 - I am checking out the walmart website and the only one I can find that is $29 is the one with the clear plastic end... is that the right one? I think I want the plastic end (my bowls are scratched up now)

tlc- i was actually using mine to make a scrub-- figured most/more people on this board use thiers for soaping so I stuck the thread in the soaping section. Chuck gave ya good advice and yes you will want a stick blender.... one of the best tools since the screwdriver... I swear by mine!

Edited by tlc26

I've been wanting a stainless steel end, because the liquid soap doesn't like my cheap one. I so miss my braun so much though that baby could take the heat lol. The ones on walmart I've been eyeing are the stainless steel ones the hamilton beach with the whisk or one with the chopper if that is what your talking about. They do look plastic in the pic though.

On the Hamilton Beach at Walmart it has two stainless attachments; the basic blender stick and the whisk. They pop on and off with a twist. I have never had to sb for longer than 30-45 seconds before getting medium to thick trace. Usually a quick burst or two is all I need. Almost takes the fun out of it.... almost.. Tehehe!