TKB Trading Help

JacquiO

Hi everyone,

Looking to place an order to enhance my soaping color pallet. Shame I can no longer get the POP colors especially the blueberry and grape. So I need to get some non-bleeding PH stable mica colorants. I'm gonna get the neons for sure and a pearlizer. What I do need is a good blue and purple too.

Question is what are some of your favorite micas? Don't be shy. List 'em here. If the color morphs but the morph shade is nice please make a note of that as well.

TIA,

Jacs

TKB is supposed to reveal its Pop replacement any day. In the meantime, have you checked out the Conservatorie? They have a number of micas that have worked well in CP soap tests.

As for beautiful blues, UM Blue is hard to beat. I don't care for UM Violets - they morph into grey IME.

I'm very thankful to have stocked up on Pops when they were still available. I've looked into having them duped by a mica supplier but to no avail. :(

I have the root beer, princess pink, violet, indigo, strawberry and lemon lime, 1/2 tsp pp is pretty intense and no they do not bleed but they will morph some with certain fos. Don't care much for the lemon lime but they are all easy to incorporate into the batter and haven't had a problem with colored suds. HTH

Steve

Edited by chuck_35550

I love the Celestial colors. I have the spring and the primary sets. However the Celestials do bleed, so there are certain applications I cannot use them in. Hence the need for non-bleeding micas and oxides.

I checked out the Conservatorie. Their prices are comparable to TKB but they offer no information regarding how their micas perform in CP soap.. At least with TKB some of the comments mention whether they morph or not.

So far this is what's on my wish list:

Neon Orange

Florescent strong yellow

Ultramarine Violet

Queen Kathryn

Midnight Blue

Copper Fine

Neon Green

Florescent Strong Pink

Omega Blue Matte Tone

Neon Blue

Hydrated Chromium Oxide Green

Pearl Green

Pearl Blue

Pearl White

If you used any of the above or had issues with them please let me know. Thanks!

No Problem ah-soy. If you're making your first purchase from Celestial. The primary kit is the one to go with. I love the wine color. And you can make colors light or deep and color blend the primaries. Like I did a really nice sky blue and emerald blend for my blue spruce scented soaps. My next kit will be the Harvest. With the spring kit the Violet and Indigo actually morphs to those colors. So they start out one color and change to the intended color after the gel phase. I had to play around a bit with those spring colors because I found that too much dye takes away from the intended color. Like with the Lime especially. The primaries pretty much stay true to form. HTH

I have some from The Conservatorie I will make a list tomorrow there is a bunch that I have.

Barb

Oh Barb, thanks! Looking forward to your list. I have many on my wish list from the conservatorie and was wondering how they do in CP!

I checked out the Conservatorie. Their prices are comparable to TKB but they offer no information regarding how their micas perform in CP soap.. At least with TKB some of the comments mention whether they morph or not.

So far this is what's on my wish list:

Neon Orange (NO, doesn't morph, but you need a little extra more of it to get a resilient orange.)

Florescent strong yellow (Doesn't morph, but never really got the florescent to come out well)

Ultramarine Violet (Awesome purple ...)

Queen Kathryn

Midnight Blue (Can't tell you. What I have is midnight train that isn't around any more unless it was renamed.)

Copper Fine (Loses luster if you don't use enough. Have not seen that it morphs)

Neon Green (Great lime green .. no morphing)

Florescent Strong Pink (Ummm it could get a little stinky, but it is a fantastic pink)

Omega Blue Matte Tone

Neon Blue (Light to medium blue is what this gives off. No morphing)

Hydrated Chromium Oxide Green (Beautiful green, no morphing)

Pearl Green

Pearl Blue (I believe the pearls are mostly just white and at some certain angle you can see a glimmer of the other color ... wouldn't waste my money on them)

Pearl White (Except, if you want sparkle out of white, this is a good one ... however, you should think about using more than you normally would.)

If you used any of the above or had issues with them please let me know. Thanks!