Bars of Lever!!

tlc

I was showing off my new M&P soapies that are still in the mold to my DH just a bit ago. He asked me how I made them so I filled him in on how it arrives and what you do with it. Then he says "can't you just go to Costco, buy a bunch of bars of Lever and cut them up and melt them then pour those into you mold instead of ordering the soap?" I just gave him a blank look. :rolleyes2

It sure has been nice knowing him......

I have a case of Costco Lever soap in the back of the closet from ages ago. I did shred up one of the bars to experiment with making liquid soap - you know, that stuff they call snot!!

You'll have to make your DH some soap or shave soap with his favorite manly fragrance - that's how you turn him to the dark side!!

You'll have to make your DH some soap or shave soap with his favorite manly fragrance - that's how you turn him to the dark side!!

Since he likes beer I wonder if they have a scent for that. Gotta turn him from the dark side. :laugh2:

MEN!!!! uuug lol

I had that with my EX.. He never understood why I went to all that trouble making soap when we could just go buy it.

Then he accidently took a shower with a homemade bar and was hooked.

Never did buy anymore store soap.

Gee, wonder if he misses my soaps? mwahahahaha:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

The men who share the addiction understand. My sons "get it" - they just wouldn't go to the trouble for themselves, but if Mom wants to lay great homemade soap on them, they're happy not to use store-bought. #2 son is moving back here soon. I plan to turn his GF to the dark side (same as I did the last one). Muahahahaha!!

At least your DH is interested enough to ask a question (however misguided)... my ex never asked any questions for fear he might accidentally learn something he never wanted to know in the first place. Wonder what he's reserving all that empty brain space for, anyway?

MEN!!!!

I second that!

He did go in and pick one up last night though so I have to give him a little credit. He just looked at it and said humm, yep those are nice. I'm not sure if he really meant it or just didn't want to hurt my feelings or the evil glare could have got to him..

I can't DH to hardly use anything I make. The only thing he does is a tube of lip balm because it works really well. But, soap, lotion, body butter, nope. And, he doesn't get sugar scrub at all, he thinks it will be sticky. He's one of my best salesman though and knows that others really like my stuff. I think he's afraid of losing his 'Man Card'. :)

Edited by ProudMarineMom

Have you noticed the TV commercials lately? Men are being targeted for moisturizing lotions & body washes. My DH is hesitant to try anything new for fear it will make him smell like a girl so when I want him to use a particular product, I make it in HIS fav scent and I get no arguments from him.

My boys are all over everything I make. And all they care about is do they like the scent, doesn't matter if it's feminine, masculine or unisex. They both wear cologne anyway. But DH really doesn't have a favorite scent. He doesn't wear cologne, after shave or anything. The only fragrance he does like Lilac but only in candles and such. Probably should just make him something unscented cuz I haven't been able to change his mind. *dead horse*

Have you noticed the TV commercials lately? Men are being targeted for moisturizing lotions & body washes. My DH is hesitant to try anything new for fear it will make him smell like a girl so when I want him to use a particular product, I make it in HIS fav scent and I get no arguments from him.

My hubby uses Dove body wash for men.

Edited by periwinkle

Since you guys were talking about the men and scents and flowers... yall ever notice its the MEN who pick up , and buy, all the flower type scents.... gardenia, lilac, rose, etc... women in my experience, will pick it up one time, for every 10 guys that do ... WEIRD ! I actually had someone fighting over some Oakmoss before, because the one I have is manly at first, then hits with a nice powdery note that the women love... but I couldn't get her to smell a Flower scent for nothing !!

I couldn't get my hubby to use a moisturizer bar if his life depended on it. He says it makes him feel sticky. He likes the feel from "Lever" type soaps. I'm going to have my work cut out for me turning him over.stick.gif

Hey now, us guys need to feel pretty, too! lol

I personally prefer the more masculine scents (Merlin's Forest and French Vanilla and Oak are 2 of my faves), but florals have their place. As far as soap, I use my own or a bunch I got from Barbara (goat's milk makes me so smooth and soft...). I sell alot of candles to men in many different scents, but they are usually buying for wives. But I have yet to see any guys buy tarts! Must be too "girly" lol.

I personally prefer the more masculine scents (Merlin's Forest and French Vanilla and Oak are 2 of my faves), but florals have their place.

Thanks for that bit of info. I will file that in my weaponry for attack. :thumbsup:

Get this mold:

:yay:

shred up a bar of lever, combine the shreds 50/50 with M&P. After it has hardened, wash it a bunch to make it look like a used bar and stick it in the shower. When that's gone, make the next bar 25/75...hehehehe

Sneaky girl, sneaky.lol.gif

My husband used to have gobs of colognes and smelly stuffs when I met him and he was dating this high maintenance b*tch but after we got together and the bottles eventually ran out,he just stopped using smelly stuff for a while.Then he started using Axe sprays and deodorant.He never tried anything new until just recently he was at Walmart and came home with a lemongrass and grape seed oil body wash and he was just so proud of himself.(Doesn't it smell so good,and aren't those little beads in there the sh*t!Lol!)I see that it had to be "his" idea to try something new,and not me saying,sweety,you stink or something!Lol!

Also,When I make candles and tarts,he's putting his 2 cents in and i'm like,sweety,I value your opinion,but frankly it's a stupid one.I don't tell you how to change the brakes on the car do I? Let's just stick to what we both know k?Lol!