New labels, thoughts?

Your labels are among the very best I've seen! I love them! Love the font and the paper a lot! They really convey the image you're going for, like Medieval enchanted mystery. Love it!!! And I love the cello bag tied with twine.

Edited by HorsescentS

I think the weight means nothing. Most folks have no grasp of weight anyway. Do you put the warning label directly on the bottom of the candle or the bottom of the celo bag?

I put the safety instructions on a sheet inside the celo bag on the back.

There really aren't alot of requirements for candles (safety instructions are not even required, lol, but I do not know anyone who does not include it, for obvious reasons), but the actual weight (not jar size for containers) is a requirement, as well as the contact info for the manufacturer or retailer. There is even a requirement on what part of the label it has to be on, lol! I can't remember the exact info, but I know Stella has it.

But the labels do look pretty cool. I am not artistic enough to do those type of labels, mine are pretty boring, lol!

Cheers.

There really aren't alot of requirements for candles (safety instructions are not even required, lol, but I do not know anyone who does not include it, for obvious reasons), but the actual weight (not jar size for containers) is a requirement, as well as the contact info for the manufacturer or retailer. There is even a requirement on what part of the label it has to be on, lol! I can't remember the exact info, but I know Stella has it.

But the labels do look pretty cool. I am not artistic enough to do those type of labels, mine are pretty boring, lol!

Cheers.

It's sad to admitt that aside from Lead Wicks there are no mandated requirements that I could find for the manufacturing of candles. Cananda, the UK and parts of South America have standards for Candles and the Great USA has let us down.

It's up to us to do our best to make safe products for the people who buy them. I read some peoples post here that say "if it's not required, I wont do it" or "It's not even required", this saddens me as well. I personally would not want on my concious someones home burning and possible death due to burning one of my candles or because there were no saftey instructions on it in some way. Before you slap my hand for saying that, I know just because you put it on the label doesn't mean that they will read it but at least youv'e done your part to make them safe. The fact that the government has not mandated any safety requirements is fine but that is only half of the problem. You can still be sued for manufacturing unsafe or untested products and for lack of warnings or safety information on your products and held liable for death and or damages if something would happen. Proper record keeping will help prove what testing was performed to make your products safe. For me its a NO BRAINER, prevent accidents before they happen, its cheaper to pay a little extra for lables now than to pay for damages later. IMO!

Pulled this off of the NCA website, under F.A.Q.'s.

What kind of label information is required for candles?

Federal law requires that consumer commodities like candles be labeled with the manufacturer's name and location, as well as basic product weight and measurement information.

In addition, candle industry standards call for cautionary labels on candles or their packaging to inform consumers of the basic rules of fire-safety. All NCA members place cautionary labels on their products, and usually supplement them with additional burning and use instructions. Always read and follow a candle's cautionary label and burning instructions before using a candle.

I love the label very creative I do however think it's a little too big for your candle unless it's just the photo. The label imo overwhelms the candle thus taking away from the candle itself. I would try going with a smaller label.

I like the labels a lot. Hopefully, the smaller print is easier to read in person than on my monitor.

I do not put weight on my pillars - I put size such as 3x3 or 3x4. I have never seen weight listed on a pillar. I do put net weight on my jars and melts, but size on pillars.