Lavender Silk & Cream, Mulberries & Cream

Sara

A couple of my recent batches: (sorry if this is all a repeat - posted the same on the 'Dish as here - :rolleyes: )

We have mulberries growing by our soccer field and I've always wanted to soap them. Since they stain the crap outta the kid's faces I figured they'd make a really rich colored soap. Uh... no. Not really. I put cream in here as well. It is a "mostly soy" experiement, no OO at all, hence some of the shine, I think. Anyway, here it is:

mullberris_and_cream.jpg

And then there's my lavender batch. Used silk and cream in this one as well as sugar and lavendar EO. I think I'm in love!!

lavender_soap_log_2.jpg

And it made the neatest swirls - looks like a face to me. I had so much fun with this batch, can ya tell?

lavender_soaps.jpg

Your soaps look nice. they look so creamy and the lavender is just gorgeous. Did you use soy milk in these? I tried it once, and it was my one and only batch that was a complete disaster. Couldn't even save it on rebatch - it didn't make it that far. LOL

Yah, I would expect the mulberry to more of a purple color, or at least SOME color, how weird. :confused:

So, have you tried it out yet? How is it? That's what really matters. ;)

I love the color of your lavender, and those swirls are beautiful-definitely can see a face in at least one bar. :)

I scented the Mulberry with Pomegranate - LOL. It does smell nice, though. And it feels nice as well. I totally replaced my OO for soy in that batch. I do wish the color would have came out more, but ah well.

Cream does feel nice - Feels richer to me. I don't know if it is a placebo effect or what, but I think I can tell the difference. I add it at trace.

The top of the soap is lavender buds.

Hope I answered all Qs - thanks for the nice comments!!