My Christmas Column Soap

Barbara AL

Honestly Barb I have a similiar mold and hate it for that VERY reason. I've only used it 4x and each time I've waited 1-2 weeks for the bars to shrink on their own before I could get them out (and they still stick to the dividers. So I have gone back to my original wooden log molds my hubby made.

I used Chrominum Green Oxide, Lake 30 Red Oxide, Brilliant Gold Mica, and Pearl Mica.

Is the red color still the same color as when you poured your soap or did it morph at all? I have been trying to get a red like you achieved for awhile now and all of the colors I have tried so far have started out a beautiful red then changed to pink, brick red, orange or any other color but red. Do you mind sharing where you get the Lake 30 Red Oxide that you used? It is such a pretty red color!

Soapnmomma it is still red but not as dark as I would like.

Here is where I got it.

http://www.tkbtrading.com/item.php?item_id=566

Thank You!! I had seen that red color before but didn't try it because it did not look that red in the powder form, but then again, all the ones that looked really red I ordered and they morphed into anything but red, lol. Just placed an order for some, thank you again for sharing! :smiley2: Can't wait until the soap unsticks from the mold to see cut pics.