Indiana Candle Supply favorites?

classiccandle

Oh yes, sorry. Here's what I thought of what I tested. Keep in mind I use 415 soy wax.

Cactus and Sea Salt - great CT and HT. It's a keeper. Good in tarts too.

Cinnamon Buns Classic - good CT but HT was too weak for me. Good as a tart though so if I keep using it it will only be for tarts.

Pink Sugar - good CT but HT was too weak for me. I'll probably use in B&B products as it does smell good. Didn't try in tarts.

Sugared Spruce - good CT and HT. It's a keeper. Good in tarts too.

Orange Chiffon Cake - good CT and HT. Good in tarts too. It's a keeper.

Caramel Macchiato - great CT and HT. Definitely a keeper.

HTH!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I needed more April Fresh Downey so I put in a "little" order of some more something somethings. Let me tell you....I still am in love with this supplier. Not only was the order on my door in Texas in 4 days, but I'm dying here realizing what a great deal I got using the sample packs. Wow.

Ok here is what I ordered, most of them just because but a few I did need: (I've noted where I have already used this oil previously)

April Fresh Downey - Dead on Dupe. My absolute favorite. I have only recently started making tarts from this and they are super strong. Great in every product I've used it in.

Orange Vanilla Coffee - Mega strong in every product. Smells just like it sounds. Lots of orders for this Fall and Winter.

Ocean Mist - I have never ordered this one before, I'm so glad I decided to order a big one. OOB it is a very salty sea spray. It does smell just like you would think! Not ozony, not perfumey. I'm so excited to get this one in product

Cactus and Sea Salt - I love this scent and reordered. Fresh clean, salty, green, and really nice spa type scent. Strong in 415 Soy.

Coffee Bean - Fresh brew, very true. Delicious and strong in soy. If you love coffee scents, this is the straight brew version that will bring people hunting the coffee pot.

Wild Watermelon - OOB very strong a little candy like sweet watermelon. I cannot wait for this in wax.

Caramel Apple Pie - YUMMMMM Strong OOB, you can smell every single layer in this one. Crust, Caramel, cinnamon, butter, apples.

Fresh Squeezed Orange - I can tell that this is the orange that is mixed above in the orange vanilla coffee. If so, it will be awesome in wax. Very strong OOB, sweet juicy.

Lilly of the Valley - This is a repurchase of a fragrance that is dead on like the blossoms. Strong in soy and no fake or plastic notes at all like some I've smelled. This one was a keeper for my floral fans and I don't really care as much for florals but I can tolerate pouring this one.

Heather - I think I smell a little moss in there, and a floral but I have no point of reference as I'm not familiar with Heather. Nice and strong OOB, I think it will do well. Really lovely.

Monkey Farts - I use NG but just wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Smells great and a little more bubblegummy. I love it OOB.

Pink Sugar - I'm so on the fence about this one. Wonderful fragrance, and so is NG which I also have used. Love both. What to do. This one for some reason seems a little more layered.

Lilac - beautiful, strong in soy, true to flower scent

Pineapple Cilantro - Since I got this one on the end of my nose and wore it half the day and didn't get sick of it, I'll say OOB it is nice, sweet juicy pineapple with a very light cilantro note. This may make people happy who do not like cilantro. Strong OOB.

Vanilla Hazelnut - This OOB is so yummy. Smells like your favorite coffee creamer tastes! Uber strong.

Toasted Marshmallow - OOB I can smell sweet yummy marshmallow but also an alcohol rum/brandy light undernote. Not sure what that is or how it will smell in wax but OOB I don't smell the toasted. What ever it is, YUM! If it smells the same in wax it might need a rename but we will see :) Strong OOB.

Vanilla Smoothie - Strong in soy, just like the name, smooth sweet vanilla sort of an icecream shake scent. Vanilla lovers really go for this and my girls aske me to make them roll on with it.

Catch the Wave - Fresh salty ocean scent, unisex type spa scent. Crisp, a little light OOB but then I've been sitting here sniffing everything to this point and so that might not be correct. I like it. Can't wait to pour it. Would be great in sprays too, soap?

Zucchini Pumpkin Bread - I've used ICS Zucchini bread before and it was very strong and wonderful, this one is even better to me. My daughter said that smells like your pumpkin bread. If it performs great in soy, it will be a Fall keeper.

Fireside - Now I've smelled fireside from two other suppliers, and this one is not the same. This one is kinder, a little more mellow smoke, a little more lush in the vanilla area, maybe a peppery hint. If you want the smokey scent and don't like the bitter rush of harsh smoke of some of the other firesides this one might work. This was a little gem of a upscale scent. Can't wait to try it.

Get a couple of their sample packs, you will have a huge amount of oils to test out and it is easy on the pocket book.

i have tired many suppliers Pink Sugar..some a lot more money..

I have not found anyones pink sugar that compares to ICS..

it takes a little longer cure..but so worth it..

I have been eyeing the pineapple cilantro..let me know how you like it..

Edited by 8-GRAN-ONES

Thanks for the reviews Lorelei! I too use 415 and am constantly looking for FO's that throw well in it. How similar are the Cactus and Sea Salt and the Ocean Mist? Are they distinct enough to sell both of them?

Please keep us updated on your CT and HT results!

Classic, those two smell completely different. Today as I'm burning my first test of Ocean mist, I get a briney...really salty, light suntan ocean mist. The note that came out in the burn was the suntan oil which I didn't smell before OOB. This one is great. There is a tiny smoky/earthy undernote, that really brings it all home. This one is going to replace Sun and Sand in my lineup I'm pretty sure.

I'm burning Catch the Wave now, a completely different scent. You can smell the mossy/briney notes but there is a slight ozonic note making it more fresh and clean. I haven't burned in a candle yet, only tart. I'm loving these too! What to do????

Well I just placed my order!

Blueberry

Spiced vanilla

Strawberries n cream

Vanilla smoothie

White cake

Pink sugar- usually use JS

Raspberry lemonade

Pumpkin spice latte

April fresh Downey- usually use Peak

Sex in the beach

Cactus and sea salt

Orange vanilla coffee

Vanilla bliss- usually use JS Becky's Ulitamite

Catch the wave

Pineapple cilantro

Last thing I needed was more samples- I have soo many from so many places but have yet to pour them - a lot of them I don't like OOB so I keep putting it off but I know you can't judge them until you get them in wax....

Now with ICS their premium sample pack 1 ouncers is 18.00- but to buy them separate they are 1.75- am I missing something here? It's cheaper to buy ala carte

Also- do the "non" premium perform as good in 415?

Bummed zucchini is out of stock- I have been looking for a good one to add- I don't have nearly enough foody or fruity scents- I like more the herbal and earthy ones so always tend to go for those!

Some of the premiums are 2.00 some 1.75 I think. Yes the nonpremiums work as well and are as strong as the non.

Also if you test the Pineapple Cilantro before me tell me what it is like. Let me know if you smell the cilantro or is my nose just off. :)

Edited by Lorelei

My favorite Pink Sugar (and I am a Pink Sugar fanatic) is from AH/RE (SNC) Great hot & cold throw amazing in candles, tarts, oil warmers and Bath & Body products!! I have tired KY, BCN, ICS, NG, JS and AH/RE my Top ones were AH/RE...NG...BCN...ICS, Just give AH/RE a try, I think you will love it too!! I carry it as a body spray, people are always stopping me to ask me what I am wearing, in the stores, the Dr office, at the hospital when I had my mom there at the ER and even at the car rental place!! I have gotten several sales from strangers from this one!! LOL

• 2 weeks later...
Cinnamon Buns Classic - good CT but HT was too weak for me. Good as a tart though so if I keep using it it will only be for tarts.

Pink Sugar - good CT but HT was too weak for me. I'll probably use in B&B products as it does smell good. Didn't try in tarts.

I used to use 415 and I always got excellent HT in both of these oils. I agree with the rest, cure the PS longer, the cin bun classic has been throwing like crazy in every wax I have ever used!!

HTH

• 3 weeks later...

I just placed my very first order with them a couple of days ago.

Hope I got some good ones. They were rated well, anyway.

I chose:

*Cinnamon Buns - Classic - Old Formulation

*Nana's Kitchen

*Vanilla Frosted Grahams

*Apple Brown Betty

*Holiday Homecoming

*Lavender Laundry

I just placed my very first order with them a couple of days ago.

Hope I got some good ones. They were rated well, anyway.

I chose:

*Cinnamon Buns - Classic - Old Formulation

*Nana's Kitchen

*Vanilla Frosted Grahams

*Apple Brown Betty

*Holiday Homecoming

*Lavender Laundry

I have used all of them that you have chosen and they are all good ones,..you wont be disappointed.:)

• 11 months later...