Iced Lemon Biscotti

kandlekrazy

I can't verify this but it was posted in fragrance twins thread that NG's Pound Cake is a dup for Lemon Biscotti. Have you tried NG's? I'd like to find a dup for this oil as well. It wasn't a "best" seller but it held its own. More importantly it was one of my personal favorites. I checked her site today as she posted the last of the oils she has to sell but Lemon Biscotti wasn't available.

FMC"S Cold throw is very good, but can't get a good hot throw with this one. To me this one could pass as lemon pound cake!

I did try Berts a long while back, and I don't think FMC's is a dupe to it. Bert's had more of a burnt smell to me. I did not care for it.

Edited by Seamist

This is avail at Fillmore and several other suppliers, does anyone know if it compares to the Lemon Biscotti that Bert carried? I'm getting tired of testing a dozen companies before finding one that comes close to her scents that I carry.

This is from another thread: icon1.png Re: Filmore Reviews

Have you tried their Iced Lemon Biscotti? OMG its ultra divine! This is the second year I've been using it.

I hths!

I may just give up on this scent. I don't want to test another 10 companies to see if they compare, I've been doing that with a couple of other scents and it's exhausting and frustrating...did I mention costly! I'm sure some of the other companies have "great Lemon Pastry scents" but if they are not really close I can't bring myself to market it as Lemon Biscotti since my customers expect consistency. I really should cut back on fragrances so this might just be one that gets cut.

It would be a shame to cut back on the fragrance if you just could find the right replacement. FMC Iced Lemon Biscotti throws very strong for me and customers love it. It does have the biscotti cookie note-- not pastry. PM me your address and I'll send you a sample if you want to give it a try.

It would be a shame to cut back on the fragrance if you just could find the right replacement. FMC Iced Lemon Biscotti throws very strong for me and customers love it. It does have the biscotti cookie note-- not pastry. PM me your address and I'll send you a sample if you want to give it a try.

That is so funny yours smells like biscotti.. Mine is definitely pasty.

I had bought a pound of the oil I am selling mine on my sale shelves a lemon pound cake because it smells like pastry and not a hint of biscotti.

FMC Iced Lemon Biscotti throws very strong for me and customers love it. It does have the biscotti cookie note-- not pastry.

I can vouch for this. I've tried Candybee's candle in this scent and I have to say, it smells like authentic lemon cookies, no pastry note. Her candle is the only lemon type scented candle that smells realistic to me. All other lemon candles I've tried smells like fuel to my nose, and I've tried lots of lemon scents from different candle companies... because I love lemon!

This is avail at Fillmore and several other suppliers, does anyone know if it compares to the Lemon Biscotti that Bert carried? I'm getting tired of testing a dozen companies before finding one that comes close to her scents that I carry.

, I have been looking to replace this one as well. I tried Fillmore a few weeks back and jumped for joy when it came in. It is as close, if not the same as Bert's Lemon Biscotti. I think you will be very pleased with it.

I can vouch for this. I've tried Candybee's candle in this scent and I have to say, it smells like authentic lemon cookies, no pastry note. Her candle is the only lemon type scented candle that smells realistic to me. All other lemon candles I've tried smells like fuel to my nose, and I've tried lots of lemon scents from different candle companies... because I love lemon!

I almost forgot you got one of my candles. Hope you liked the vanilla one too!

I haven't tried it yet, but Wild-Fire has Iced Lemon Biscotti, and her FOs get rave reviews.

I had to pull it out and burn one after this thread. :laugh2:

So I am burning one now and it smells like Lemon Pound Cake.

OOB I can smell the biscotti note, but not when burning.

Goes to show everyone's nose is different.

What % did you use in your wax? I know a higher % and mine starts smelling cakey lemon curd. Its a strong oil so try cutting back and retesting at a lower %.

What % did you use in your wax? I know a higher % and mine starts smelling cakey lemon curd. Its a strong oil so try cutting back and retesting at a lower %.

Ahhh.. That could be it. I am using 1.25oz p/p.. Thanks for the tip Candybee!! :)

Edited by Seamist

I almost forgot you got one of my candles. Hope you liked the vanilla one too!

Well of course, darling! The vanilla one was a very pretty scent, and it was strong! But that Lemon Biscotti one is TO DIE FOR. lol That one was my absolute favorite. It's hard for me to find good lemon scents that smell like "lemon" in a candle. I have a HUGE Gold Canyon candle in Lemon Bars, and while it's great, it's not Lemon Biscotti. I'll be hittin' you up when I finish it off. lol

I don't get the whole pastry/biscotti thing...biscotti is an Italian pastry/cookie so you should smell some bakery type scent in this not just lemon.

Its hard to explain but it does have that biscotti scent with lemon. Almost like a cookie but not the same. Just like biscotti smells to me. Some even call them cookies or bisquets but they aren't the same. They were originally made to dunk in your coffee and thats also why they have that long rounded shape-- for dunking.

CS used to have a Chocolate Chip Biscotti that was awesome. I thought it was a very sophisticated cookie type scent but better than chocolate chip cookies. But they dropped it. Pity.

Edited by Candybee