This is why I needed Accents and Charms

Nitewing

Wow, those are beautiful! Do you mind sharing how you make them? What happens when the candle gets to the point where the charms are... do they just melt off? Or are they low enough that the candle is near the end anyway?

Would love a link to your store if you have one, too! These are really, really cool. :)

Thank you for the compliment. It is appreciated. Nobody burns our candles which makes it a bit difficult of finding repeat customers. Most are placed in china cupboards and book cases. The purchases after the first usually are intended as gifts but never get to the recipient. On these candles, we place the accents low enough that the accents usually don't fall off but then again, only we burn them. We don't have a store or website but we are thinking about it. We only have about 150 candles right now so it is not enough to set up a website and I really don't have time to go at it full time right now. These are 7 inches tall and weigh about 2 pounds. Because wax and shipping is so expensive, we only sell locally through ladies who need a little extra income. There is only one place in the country right now to get that particular palm wax but hopefully at the end of the month, there will be a second which will cut our costs quite a bit. The Lion is my personal pride and joy but the Lion iteself has to be ordered at 144 at a time. I like the bee also too. I really am proud of them and I really do appreciate your accolades.

Only one place in the country carries it.
REALLY?

I think CandleWic carries it...(they call it Palm #2)

http://www.candlewic.com/store/Product.aspx?q=c19,p760&title=Crystallizing-Votive%2fPillar-Palm-Wax---Palm-2

Peak carries it...

http://www.peakcandle.com/category/waxes/Palm-Wax.aspx

BCN has it... (they call it "granite")

http://cart.candlesupply.com/product.php?productid=19991&cat=398&page=1

IGI still distributes it...

Starburst Blend

IGI R2778A

But it doesn't look like straight starburst... it looks like a blend of starburst and feathering... If it is, I think the blend benefitted the feathering palm because straight feathering isn't as pretty as starburst to me...

They are real candles. They burn.
If they have a wick and will burn, the embeds could easily cause a blowout in palm pillars. Metal heats up. I hope they are removable Edited by Stella1952

First of all, the charms are not embedded much so I don't think they would "blow out". Also if they are lit I don't think it would matter at all. Haven't you ever seen "jewelry" for candles? or studs you put into them?

The candles look wonderful and if you have 100plus I'd say you have enough to sell online. I'd try an Etsy shop first though.

If the directions are followed and the candles is only burned one hour per inch where the wick meets the wax, they burn nicely although irregularly because of the shape. These are 2 inches across at the top and it tapers to 3.5 inches at the bottom so it is basically a 2-3 hour burn per session. The accents are not embeds. The items are placed low enough that we have not had blowouts. However, my wife "test" burns these and lets them burn for up to 8 hours at a time so see how they work. (That is what she says. Personally, I think she might be too lazy to blow them out. Then they will drip like crazy.) As I said before, nobody burns them anyway. We have fun making them to see what see what we can come up with. Anybody else have 8 candles burning at one time? If so does your house look like the inside of a chimney too?