The Candle Source FO prices are great, how is the quality?

AlwaysWondering

I'm amazed at how reasonable the FOs are at The Candle Source, especially for the 4 oz size at only $4.69. Normally you don't see that "$1 per oz" price until ordering a pound or more.

Overall, how is the quality. They all have hits and misses but how would you say more hits than misses regarding accuracy of scent and hot throw?

I did a search but most reviews are very old since the search function has not been fixed.

Thanks.

I have alot of their oils.They aren't far from me.All have been good so far.Not real keen on the Christmas scents but all other I like.I need to check and do a order soon.Want to see if they have some new ones recently.I've decided to slow down.

OMG, I absolutely loooove Sugared Spruce!

Be sure to add Sugared Spruce to your list if you haven't ordered already -- might just be my favorite from them :) I see that Carol doesn't like Blue Christmas, but I actually do -- didn't have great HT in a candle, but excellent in a tart!

I have also purchased from Loren at the very beginning & found him on Ebay too!!

My favorites are J & J Bedtime Bath, Moonlight Path, Vicks(POPULAR), Pumpkin & Vanilla(my top seller for the past 3 yrs), Coffee Caramel Cream(i dont like coffee but LOVE this)....his fragrances rank in my book HIGH...!!

Let us know what you decided to get!

Don't see Sugared Spruce on ICS. Apparently they're out.

It's there, just type spruce in the site search box and it'll turn up!

[Edited to add] It's under "Premium Oils", not the regular alphabetical listing. :)

Edited by mzpickles

• 4 years later...

I use parasoy (tarts) and lots of The Candle Source throw great for me. Two of my favorites (with killer throw) have been discontinued in the last year, though :(   ...they are Blackberry Cobbler and Starfruit and Mango. I have not found any others that are similar, unfortunately. Starfruit and Mango from NG was not nearly the same as TCS's. So frustrating. Anyway, to answer the original question, the quality is outstanding and I always have more hits than misses from TCS.

Sample sizes are only $1.50, which is great.

Edited by maryta
  • Like 1