Platypus Dreams

chuck_35550

Has anybody ever checked out this company in Australia? There are some good Youtube vids as well. The cake slices are just unreal and I sure would like to know how to make those suckers. There's a good vid of Sharon unmolding and cutting a cake. Anybody ever made one of these things? Share.

Steve

Has anybody ever checked out this company in Australia? There are some good Youtube vids as well. The cake slices are just unreal and I sure would like to know how to make those suckers. There's a good vid of Sharon unmolding and cutting a cake. Anybody ever made one of these things? Share.

Steve

We must have been in the same room watching you tube!! I love that vid!! Nice cakes!! I watch as many of the soaping videos I can!!

This doesn't even come close to hers but this was my first try.

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?98242-Cake-decor-for-soaps...

I used a 5 in. tub and layered the colors, removed next day and iced it with new batch of CP. It needs to be pretty thick and I used the big icing tips mainly the star and flower tip. Most people make 2 layers of cake and ice the middle and top the next day just like a real cake. Some have problems with them coming apart so I just layered it in the tub. I should have cleaned it up before posting.

Her soaps are high quality, for sure. She sent me over a dozen soaps a few years ago and I was blown away by her abilities. I think they are all goat milk soap and I haven't found one yet that I've disliked. In fact, this year I got a hold of three more. Yum yum yum.

You should watch Karen from York, England. Eden's Secret is the name of her shop and she wears the camera around her neck while making all kinds of soaps. The ladies talk to each other on different blogs and it is interesting to hear what each one is doing. The cupcake and cake soaps have not made it in my neck of the woods (end of the world Alabama) but I can see a market for these items. It's going to take some investment for all the imbed molds and silicone liners and so forth. Would Celestial be the best way to go with colorants for these things? Seems like Kymber was piping roses on one post and I would be interested in learning that as well. I wish we had a workshop for learning these techniques. Thank goodnes for this and other boards.

Steve

You should watch Karen from York, England. Eden's Secret is the name of her shop and she wears the camera around her neck while making all kinds of soaps. The ladies talk to each other on different blogs and it is interesting to hear what each one is doing. The cupcake and cake soaps have not made it in my neck of the woods (end of the world Alabama) but I can see a market for these items. It's going to take some investment for all the imbed molds and silicone liners and so forth. Would Celestial be the best way to go with colorants for these things? Seems like Kymber was piping roses on one post and I would be interested in learning that as well. I wish we had a workshop for learning these techniques. Thank goodnes for this and other boards.

Steve

I love Karen the best. I subscribed to her videos! She's amazing.

Steve

I would never take up piping cp roses. I wouldn't come near the talent Kyme has. I have also subscribed to her vids. Love her!