So what do you all think of Yankee's newest side-kick "Kringle Candles"?

Dana

I saw an ad in a magazine this month and then a store (the store I compete against, and used to work for) is now carrying this line.....wondering what your thoughts were about it. Why are they any different than the Yankee line other than different label?

I saw an ad in a magazine this month and then a store (the store I compete against, and used to work for) is now carrying this line.....wondering what your thoughts were about it. Why are they any different than the Yankee line other than different label?

https://www.kringlecandle.com/about/about-kringle/

Just ducky........... sounds like a slick way for Mr. Yankee to get back in the candle biz....

They've really increased their line since the last time I looked. Impressive stuff and nice ideas for sure. Didn't the son of the original Yankee founder start this company after writing his thesis on it?

That's the story they're going with.....lol. Jeesh.

I just found this one..makes me kinda wonder who the heck to believe..

http://www.alohabay.com/people/why_no_soy_candles.html

From their site :

"Soy candles are made from 100% soy" - This isn't always the case. Most soy candles are made from blends of soy plus paraffin, palm and beeswax. Since soy wax is not regulated, producers feel they can call it "soy wax" if it contains as little as 25% soy wax.

Yet another one that claims to know what's in most candles... I use soy and I don't add paraffin, palm or beeswax. So I guess according to them I'm in the minority here...lol

It would be nice to start your business with millions of dollars at your disposal. I commend Mike Kittredge for starting and building Yankee into a household brand. However, when he sold the company in 1998 for $500 million it made it a lot easier for his son to start a company without the financial hurdles we all face. We have a local store that carries the Kringle line and to me it's just another candle. Nice labels but their fragrances are no better than most successful lines. I've seen pictures of their store and I have to admit it looks like a very nice place to shop. If I'm ever in their neighborhood I will most definitely stop in for a visit if for nothing else but to get some ideas.

It's true that the NCA has done and supported tests. I did not read that as they were knocking soy to vault paraffin. It is time that someone does cut to the chase about the slams that paraffin has endured. For that I applaud them, since most people seem to ignore what the NCA states. Not here to cause an argument over it. We've had extensive arguments on this site alone about it.

Edited by Scented