Christmas Lineup

Prim-Beginnings

I need HELP with christmas. Anyone else thinking about christmas lineup?

My fall is ready and selling ... But my christmas lineup was weak last year and I haven't tested any yet that I would add for this year.

I have a 'cookies for santa' (NG mrs clauses cookies or TCS vanilla bean noel)

I have a 'holiday cheer' (CS amerato nog)

Would like an awesome sugar cookie ...

I don't like pine (and most of my customers don't either, so it would have to be awesome)

The pomegranates don't sell well for me either ...

I also had a pepermint creme (50/50 creme brulee KY and purely peppermint peaks) and a 'candy cane' ... i had to clearance those to get rid of them.

Edited by Prim-Beginnings

Christmas Splendor or apple jack & peel

sugared spruce or balsam blend like balsam and berries or citrus and balsam

some type of cranberry (spiced cranberry, orange/cranberry, or cranberry/apple)

cinnamon stick/red hot cinnamon

spiced apple or hot apple pie

You never know what people are going to like, but these always seem to sell well for me during the fall/winter. Good Luck!

FMC Christmas Tree

CS Mistletoe

C&S Bayberry Apple Spice

Peaks Home for the Holidays

CS Frankinsence and Myrrh

BW Honey Gingerbread

CS Hanzel & Gretel

CS Peanut Butter Cookies (customers loved this-- if you don't want the same old sugar cookie everyone is using)

Anything with cinnamon

-I second CS mistletoe and Frank & Myrrh- good sellers

-Elements has rocky mountain Xmas that is wonderful- I smell more of the woody than pine so it is not to overwhelming at all

-NG cranberry spice is awesome

-Peaks winter wonderland and peppermint are huge hits around here

-CS cinnamon buns is real good

-JS cinnamon,nutmeg,clove is really really good also

does anyone have a hands down pumpkin pie fragrance supplier? I cannot find one that I like- CS is weak and the souffle is awful (burnt smell)

-does anyone have a hands down pumpkin pie fragrance supplier? I cannot find one that I like- CS is weak and the souffle is awful (burnt smell)

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't like the Pumpkin Souffle, lol. It's strong but doesn't sell here. I recently got a sample of Aztec's Pumpkin Spice I really like it and it's doing great in Parasoy. It's a spicey one though.

Although CS pumpkin souffle has been a hit, I have been testing CS pumpkin pie and it is very nice at 6% in parasoy.

Other fragrances for Christmas that have been well received are:

LS sleighbells, HF rocky mountain pine, TN jinglebells, MC gourmet sugar cookie, BW honey gingerbread, ICS cranberry orange spice from ST, TN cinnamon stick, BCN buttery gingerbread from WYW, ICS classic cinnamon buns,

To me JS Pumpkin Pie Spice smells just like Yankees. I love it but I use CS Pumpkin Souffle. It sells great for me. I also use it as a mixer. I just got a sample of CS Pumpkin Pie and although it smells light OOB I have an idea it will blossom in my gg palm. I am liking it just need to test.

To me JS Pumpkin Pie Spice smells just like Yankees. I love it but I use CS Pumpkin Souffle. It sells great for me. I also use it as a mixer. I just got a sample of CS Pumpkin Pie and although it smells light OOB I have an idea it will blossom in my gg palm. I am liking it just need to test.

You won't be sorry about CS Pumpkin Pie. I am using it this season and the throw is excellent!! Although I do use soy so I hope it goes well for you in your gg palm. :-)

You won't be sorry about CS Pumpkin Pie. I am using it this season and the throw is excellent!!

Jack, what % are you using in your soy in order to achieve you excellent results? I'm also curious what soy wax you are using and how long you let cure. I'm using a parasoy and find it weak. Thanks

Jack, what % are you using in your soy in order to achieve you excellent results? I'm also curious what soy wax you are using and how long you let cure. I'm using a parasoy and find it weak. Thanks

I'm using 1oz per pound and I use 464 wax. I let it cure for 7 days. It's a 10oz apoth jar. HTH

Thank for all the input!!

CS hansel & gretel I use year round

CS cinnamon buns I use year round

I forgot i also use ICS cranberry orange spice by ST, I love this one but it moves slow!

HF Rocky mountain pine, where is HF?

FMC Christmas tree, where is FMC?

BW Honey Gingerbread, where is BW?

I don't like the pumpkin souffle either, but it sells great. I tried pumpkin pie from CS and it smelled wonderful, but I felt it was to light to sell (I use 464 also ??? 8% FO )

• 5 weeks later...

From a consumer point of view.... (I don't make candles), these are some scents that get me in a Christmasy mood:

Citrus & Balsam- It's not a straight up pine/balsam smell. The citrus really adds a kick to it that makes it different than a plain Christmas Tree smell (even though I love plain Christmas Tree smells). Elements carries a good version.

Gingerbread- lots of good recommendations posted.

Pumpkin- I like: BCN's Perfect Pumpkin, and for a different twist, try Backwoods Pumpkin Cornbread!

Sugar Plum- I think Backwoods has a great one, Sugar Plum Fairy. Try mixing this with a Christmas Tree type scent to get something different!

Cypresswood from Cajuns or Redwood from AH/RE- These both smell the same to me. It's a woody-type forest scent that reminds me of winter. You can always rename this something Holiday-ish. I LOVE this scent! Makes a great mixer too! (mix this with raspberries to make a berry and twig scent, or apples to make Apple Wood!)

Egg Nog- You can't forget the egg nog! :) I've only tried the one from Elements, and it smells realistic!

To me JS Pumpkin Pie Spice smells just like Yankees.

JS Pumpkin Pie Spice is the strongest, best smelling pumpkin I have found. It is rich, wonderful and strong in soy!! LOVE it!!

The Souffles and gingerbread scented oils always have that "burnt" smell to me??

Except CS- Hansel and Gretal and MC Spicey Gingerbread which are awesome...

I have just gotten a new order from NG, my new favorite scent is Christmas Cabin! I am not that big on pine scents either, but this scent is awesome. My MIL who is VERY opinionated and does not like any "wood" smells loves this scent. Used in Parasoy and Advanced Soy. In parasoy it has a great CT and HT. In the advanced it has a nice CT, but it is still curing so not sure if it has a good HT.

I'm doing Sugared Spruce, Christmas Splendor, Christmas Past, Balsam & Citrus, Peppermint Bark, Spiced Oranges, Peppermint Stick, Country Christmas and going to do a trial run with eggnog to see how it goes over. I also have one scent that was discontinued but the supplier did a special order for me since I have sold it well before it was disco'd.

My fall/winter faves are BCN Old Fashioned Christmas, BCN Spiced Cranberry, BCS Pumpkin Cheesecake, a blend of Pumpkin Cheesecake and BCS Caramel Walnut (YUM!), a blend of chocolate, peppermint & coffee (mint mocha), mulled cider, sugar plum. I can't give away candles in pine or straight peppermint in my area.