Labels by the sheet 'faulty labels'; ?

KoalaGirl

Hi everyone

I am soooo angry. I recently recieved 100 sheets each of oval and round ''clear gloss' labels for injet printers. I have had them before from Labels by the sheet and they were perfect! Both of these batched have a MAJOR FAULT. They curl inwards as soon as they are taken out of the package and as a result, the top {clear} layer comes away from the bottom white backing sheet. This leaves the space between each label 'raised up''. Its a miracle that it hasnt jammed my printer and it leaves black ink smears everywhere. I emailed the company and was told ''this sometimes happens with clear labels.....just store them flat and away from heat''. Well thats how Ive always stored them! I have tried putting very heavy books on them to coax them back to their flat state, but as soon as I take the books off, they curl back up again. They are pretty much un-usable. Anyone else have this problem? or know of a fix. I even resorted to ironing a sheet to see if that worked!

p.s. I did notice that these labels had a much smoother feel to them than previous batches even though they are the same code number as always.

Thanks for any advice

Ugh! I do not have a solution for you but I feel your pain. I actually moved away from the clear labels because I had so many nightmares with them. I did purchase from Labels by the Sheet once and I noticed that the quality was not as good as Online Labels. But I still had problems with their clear labels too so I decided to just go in a different direction.

I am sure this is not the answer you are looking for but just wanted to share my thoughts. Labels are so much fun to design but the printing and alignment is always such a headache!!!!

Candybee, I described the problem to them via email {Im in Aus} and they responded with ''that happens sometimes etc"'. I emailed them again yesterday and told them they are un-usable {and all the details above}. I havent heard back but its probably because its the weekend. Ive never had a problem with the company before, so I dont know what their customer service is like in that area. They must have had complaints from others who bought these 'new' labels.

I am surprised a supplier would make that comment without offering to take them back to exchange or send you usable ones. They will get more customers doing the right thing then being indifferent about it. That stinks! Hope you get a better response with your second email.

They have always been reasonable in the dealings I have had with them. Just asking, did you turn them upside down and pile some heavy books on them in case the were mangled during shipping? You paid for sheets of labels to put through your printer. If they are misshapen and will not feed through your printer, then you are due a refund. Simple as that.

I will use Labels by the Sheet only in an emergency and then never on clear labels. Labels by the Sheet sent me matte that they called crystal clear and vice versa. Then when questioned just said they had changed manufacturers. It got to the point that I didn't know if I was supposed to clear or matte clear because they either "changed manufacturers" every few months or just sent what they wanted and never once offered any compensation even after repeated emails and phone calls. It got ridiculous.

I order from Online Labels now and have not had a problem in 2 yrs (knock on wood) I use rounds, address size and squares and have never had a problem with theirs. Planet Label sent me the kind that curled no matter what and then the ends wouldn't stick onto the jar.

Good luck

I use Online Labels too but you have to order the minimum so mostly I order from Labels by the Sheet and always had excellent and fast service. No problems with any labels and I've been ordering from them for the past 6 years. Mostly I use their glossy photo white inkjet labels. Don't use the clear so can't comment on those.

post-10540-139458485178_thumb.jpg

I sent this pic to the lady from Labels by the sheet. She did not know what I meant by ''corrugated'' {maybe thats just an Aussie thing i.e. corrugated iron}. This pic was taken within a few minutes of taking it out of its package. Where the dips are, the clear top layer is raised up off the white backing paper. Its as though the top is shrinking and warping the backing paper, thus pulling it all out of shape. There is NO way I will put this through my printer!

That loks pretty damn bad. Maybe I have just been lucky. I have probably ordered over the last few years 2000 - 3000 sheets of mainly kraft, but also some white, clear and matte and have never had an issue. have also ordered from online labels, but only when I was in the US as their shipping price to Australia is over the top.

Might pay Koala to pick up the phone late one evening and give them a call. Might be easier to get your point across over the phone rather than via email.

She did not know what I meant by ''corrugated'' {maybe thats just an Aussie thing i.e. corrugated iron}.

Nope, its called "The Dumbing Down of America."

Not long ago I stopped at a highway gas station store and bought gas, and a hot dog, and a quart of oil. The girl at the register asked what the plastic tub was. I said, "oil." She asked what for? The car. The car? Where do you put it? In the engine. Why? ....

Dunno if you are aware, but many schools are no longer teaching penmanship because everyone has keyboards. If you think a doctor's handwriting is bad now...

Get your money back, don't waste a NY second. Don't argue, just demand a refund.

Edited by EricofAZ

You got 100 sheets and they ALL looked like that?!! I'm not sure you could get those to feed through a paper shredder!!! How did the package look? Was it damaged in any way? I am wondering if the damage occurred on the way there or whether they were placed in the shipping container looking that way... they look like they go crammed in some tiny place...

Edited by Stella1952

Yes they all look like that. The package was a Priority Mail USPS Flat rate mailing envelope and it was perfectly intact and undamaged. I've been completely happy with everything I have had from them to date. The labels are a lot smoother and thicker than previous one's Ive had {although they are the same code number} so the formula or manufacturer has changed. LBTS told me that no one else has complained!

Richard agreed, online labels shipping charges are ridiculous to Aus. Why cant they use the flat rate envelope like LBTS.?

Stella lol, I dont think I would even put these through my shredder!

My last order with them didn't turn out too good either.....ordered polyester labels which I get from Online Labels all the time but I only need a few of this particular size. They are arrived very yellowed....they explained that's the way that type is....which isn't true. They did said I could return them but it took 2 emails and 3 phone calls to get to that point....I stick with Online Labels if possible....

Koalagirl

I wonder if the shipping itself didn't damage the labels. They could have been exposed to extreme heat changes for example. I would send the damaged ones back so they can see for themselves and follow up with them. If they have no comment about the return labels, or claim that they are normal, then I would definitely change suppliers.

When you order labels they should arrive clean and flat with no yellowing, warping, peeling, stains, scratches, smudges, etc.

Edited by Candybee

• 2 months later...

I'm not trying to hijack, but I'm so pissed at them right now. They forgot to proof part of my order, and therefore didn't send my order at all. Their guarantee is a 2-3 day turnaround, and it's been a week. I need it in two days. The "customer service" chick was a total youknowwhat, and told me to "calm down" when I got mad that they screwed up (I didn't yell or anything stupid...she was just patronizing). I told her she was being condescending, and wanted to speak with her supervisor. She said "for what?" and was resistant to letting me speak with this person. When the supervisor finally came on the phone, she didn't care that I was just patronized by her employee for their mistake. She made me talk to the original chick, and I told her to cancel the proof. I wish I could cancel my whole order but it's too late. Never again. I like online labels better anyway. Has anyone else had a customer service issue there?