Please let me know what you think of these.

I love the colors and patterns, however, for pumpkin crunch? It looks more like a floral to me. Pumpkin could be really beige, white brown and oranges? I think people expect that for pumpkin. Nevertheless, I bet it smells wonderful!

Any suggestions for FO with these colors???

I think spring florals could work; summery fragrances and Endless Love. I see the colors and I'm thinking fresh, fruity and fun ... at the same time you could bowl me over with like floral garden note or even an herbal choice.

• 4 weeks later...

Constructive criticism... Those are pretty ugly. I can see what you are trying to do with the colors, the problem is the container. When you want to do something "new" with the color scheme you may have to do something different with the shape of the candle. The container you used in these pics are very common, which takes away from your candles. That container is a contemporary container designed to exude elegance and class with the gentle and smooth curves. Your colors and patterns make me think of woodstock and hippies. So, you should focus on how to shape your candles to make the overall appearance fit. And as others have mentioned, the scent is way off. The comment of tutti frutti is right on. You want a scent that matches the look of the candle. If you want to use a strong scent go with either a fruit, or an ocean breeze, or mountain mist.

Thank you Noodle. It was obvious that he did not like my candles. I know I was way off on scent, but he did not like anything about them :-) I have read some of his posts on other thread and he has immediately let everyone know that he does not like a lot of advise that is given on this forum and seems to be here to give his great input since he has been making candles for so long. I hope that he does it with a less abrasive approach in the future. At my age, I have learned to have a pretty thick skin, but some of our newer people may be intimidated by his constructive criticism .

Hi Whisper girl. Personally I don't think the scent matches the colours either. Maybe it's just me but unless I'm going for something TOTALLY "out there" - like in the hippie pillars I make, I try to avoid combining too many colours together and try to use graduating shades instead of one colour or at the most two colours and then one or more other graduating colours of those.

Maybe it's just me but I always think of whether or not the colour of the candle I'm making will fit in with peoples decor? When I used to buy candles (hmm, long time ago now, lol!) I would tend to buy candles that fitted in with my home decor colour scheme. Maybe I'm a bit weird like that :)

Now you watch, I will probably totally contradict myself and make some outrageous colour schemed candles in the next few weeks, lol!

Not the best way to make new friends! I think the jar shape complements the way the colors are laid out. Its the dang plastic white thing in the lid that throws it off IMHO. What about one of the flat clear plastic ones? Anyway its pretty!

Thank you Noodle. It was obvious that he did not like my candles. I know I was way off on scent, but he did not like anything about them :-) I have read some of his posts on other thread and he has immediately let everyone know that he does not like a lot of advise that is given on this forum and seems to be here to give his great input since he has been making candles for so long. I hope that he does it with a less abrasive approach in the future. At my age, I have learned to have a pretty thick skin, but some of our newer people may be intimidated by his constructive criticism .

In a learning environment such as this .... I don't think saying something is "ugly" is constructive criticism or helpful in any way. BUT ... we are all entitled to our opinions whether others agree or not... even if some don't have very much tact in expressing those opinions.

Having said that.... WhisperGirl .... I think they are really cute, including the glass you chose. I like the one on the right best with the triangle look to the colors. As everyone has pointed out the chosen fragrance doesn't match the colors ... BUT ... I wanted to wish you luck with this new project and I know that with some practice you will come out on top where matching triple colors with fragrances are concerned.

Whisper Girl, I, too, have been making candles for over 15 years. They have mostly been gels. I was a powerseller, then top rated seller on ebay until I went totally with my website, which is my only selling venue now, and my business is full time and growing. For the past 6 years I've also been selling regular wax candles too, but still, all the candles I make are custom made to order. That includes colors and scents. Not everyone has the same taste, and if I told you some of the color combos and fragrance choices people choose to go with them, I'm sure alot of people would HATE them. Me too, lol, but you never know what people will like. Personally, I think your candles are lovely, and I'm impressed that the layers are arranged so well in that type jar. Keep it up the good work and follow your creative voice.:cheesy2: