Peaks Christmas In July Sale

SherriLynn

I just received a Peaks newsletter email.. <edited by Scented to remove specifics of sale, which we don't do in this section and adding "the sale involves" ordering Holiday Fragrances.... whoohoooo.. I'm all for that!! Offer ends July 14th....

Edited by Scented

I didn't care for the Sweet Pumpkin Spice. Its just to light a throw and off smelling like a cloying sweetness to me. I much prefer Pumpkin Souffle. Also don't care for their Sugar Plum Berries. Smelled very sour and pungent to me.

But love, love, love their Purely Peppermint. I mix 50/50 with Creme Brulee for the Holidays and peppermint lovers love the combo. Its great in M&P soap too just don't use too much as it has peppermint oil in it and can be tingly on your skin.

I have to agree with Candybee on the Sweet Pumpkin Spice and Sugar Plum Berries. I LOVED Sweet Pumpkin Spice OOB--I really got the pumpkin notes coming through with just the right proportion of spice. But then when I got it into wax I thought it was very light and smelled kind of washed out and watery. Looks like I might want to try to the Pumpkin Souffle.

To me, the Sugar Plum Berries smelled exactly like amoxicillin OOB. It may have been my favorite antibiotic as a kid, but not really what I was looking for in a candle. I can't contribute too much on this scent though because, owing to its spot-on medicinal imitation, I never ended up getting it into wax. These are just my opinions though.

I do really like Cinnamon from Peak. It's very strong (for me). Just a note about the cinnamon--on Peak's web site they say that the cinnamon is supposed to be a "real cinnamon" scent, but I thought it smelled much more like Red Hots (the candy). Still really loved the scent, though.

I poured Sweet Pumpkin Spice today - will do a test burn tomorrow - but so far so good. If it's as good as good as it has been so far, I'm definately going with it!

Test burn today, and it is awesome! I put a candle in the kitchen (without mentioning to Simon) and 15 minutes late, he even commented, and that is unusual!! He says there is so many smells coming up from the basement (my shop) that he can't normally tell, but this one was great!! YAY!!

I love Sweet Pumpkin Spice also. I'm not a huge fan of the pumpkin souflee just because I don't love the buttery pumpkin. I also love the Spruce Christmas Tree, Winter Wonderland, and the Warm Apple Pie. I have tried the Sugar Plum Berries and I liked it, but have found that I like CS Plumberry better. Also the Purely Peppermint is awesome from Peaks. I Will be trying the Bayberry..

I hadn't placed an order for FO's from anywhere in quite a while so ... I went a little overboard :rolleyes2 I got:

Bayberry

Buttermint Candies

Caramel Apple

Cinnamon Balsam

Cranberry Apple Marmalade

French Vanilla

Gingerbread Cookies

Grandma's Swingin' Eggnog

Home for the Holidays

Hot Cocoa

Purely Peppermint

Pumpkin Souffle

Red Currant

Spiced Cranberry

Spruce Christmas Tree

Sugar Cookie

Sweet Pumpkin Spice

Vanilla Hazlenut

Vanilla Mint

Warm Apple Pie

Winter Wonderland

Some I have used before and got lbs of but quite a few are new ones to me so I got 8 or 4 ozs. I can't wait to start some fall/Christmas soaping!

Edited by dee263
spelling